Retirement Visa

Retirement visa (non immigrant OA) is not available in Thailand. You must apply and use form from the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country.

If you mean an extension of stay inside Thailand the normal TM.7 used for any extension of stay is what you need to fill out and is linked from pinned items at top of page or a Google will easily find.

Retirement visa (non immigrant OA) is not available in Thailand. You must apply and use form from the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country.

If you mean an extension of stay inside Thailand the normal TM.7 used for any extension of stay is what you need to fill out and is linked from pinned items at top of page or a Google will easily find.

Thank you thank you thank you Lopburi3. This really clears things up for me. I was wondering why I "couldn't connect" the dots. LOL. I will want an extension of stay. :-) Phew.

Keoki

The 40,000 baht income requirement is for people who ask for an extension based on marriage to a Thai wife.

Well, if I am 29 and have 800,000+ Bhat in the bank can I get a retirement visa?

NO ! you have to wait till you are 49 before you can apply for a retirement visa

You must be over age 50 to apply for a retirement extension of stay.

That's interesting. I wonder if they count years for foreigners the same way they count days for visa's and years for Thai ages. That is if you clear immigration at 11:55 PM your first day expires 5 minutes later. Or you are one year old on the day you are born. Seems to me that you should be able to get it at 49 (our calculation)

Edited by gargamon

Per the great info I receive from other TV posters, I/we went to the Thai immigration. I gave the completed form to the individual directing applicants to various departments. She looked at the form I presented and asked for my passport. After looking at my passport she gave me a number M 83.

We proceeded to station M and waited there for 3.5 hours. Almost at the 4:30 PM closing time we were called. I presented my form and passport to the official. She told us ,“you are in the wrong department.” She went on to say that I had a Non Imm B visa and ought to be applying for not for “business/work” extension of stay, which apparently this department was responsible for. I didn’t know that was a possibility as I have previously went abroad to get a new Non Imm B visa every year.

We were taken to another dept and the closing time was almost up. The next official told me to come back in June. I’m not sure if this is because my birthday is in June or because of my current stamp (until July 9) in my passport. Per my work permit I must exit Thailand every 3 months.

Thanks to the TV members I know that I am not applying for a “retirement” visa but an extension of temporary stay visa. My documents were current last Friday and I do not intend to get other ones for my interview next month. :-) If the person had sent me to the correct department I think we could have been told this information in minutes and avoided the 3.5 hours sit down. Oh BTW we could find no drinking water there. So next time I’ll take water.

Hope this might aid someone else.

Keoki

Extensions of stay are normally only processed during the last 30 days of a permitted to stay stamp so go after June 9 and be sure to point out it is for a retirement extension of stay (and write that on the TM.7).