Ps2 Prices

LivinLOS

I am trying to pick up a PS2 for a mate.. Been offered one second hand but think its a little pricy...

whats the normal street price on a PS2 (2 controllers) new ??

Also dont they need chipping for copy games ?? Owner says his is not chipped yet it has copy games included and plays them ???

No idea about the street price!

Second hand, take one DVD (DVD-9) with you and watch it both beginning and end.

Thats important for checking the laser. There should not be any skipping

If copied games than there is a chip inside (on the back side there is a warranty sticker, if there is none, it was opened.

Here many people don't know that they have a chip inside, because everyone has :o

I am trying to pick up a PS2 for a mate.. Been offered one second hand but think its a little pricy...

whats the normal street price on a PS2 (2 controllers) new ??

Also dont they need chipping for copy games ?? Owner says his is not chipped yet it has copy games included and plays them ???

Yes, the owner probably doesn't know that his is chipped... practically every PS2 in Thailand is chipped.

Price for a new slim PS2 from Sony stores, unchipped, with 1 "genuine" controller, is 11,000 baht. Price at most other places (like MBK), for a slim PS2, chipped, with 2 "fake" controllers or 1 "genuine" controller is about 8,000 baht.

If it's less than 6k, I think it's a good buy. More than that, you can spend a bit more and get a new one.

Thanks... Have a rough idea now...

He wants too much IMHO but we havent started to discuss money yet.. Also down on Phuket we tend to not have as good deals as BKK does..

Now it comes down to how much he moves on price and what games are in the bundle.. somewhere in the 6 - 7 range if all is in order seems fair ??

The number of games included isn't much of a factor, unless you get sometime like 50+ games. Most shops will give you around 10-20 games when you buy a new PS2. I think even 6k is a bit much for a used system, unless it's in pristine condition, but that's just my opinion.

You could always wait until you have a trip to BKK and get one at MBK.

B&S really needs a basic text search...

It's actually going to get ALOT more than that...and SOON! Meantime, you have to sift thru 'pls buy my stuff misc'

(even I find that annoying :o )

On the PS2 front, seems the sellers want 7k and the buyers want 6k or lower- judging from the ads I could find :D

Edited by bahtandsold