Thai Post Office Customs Dept

GungaDin

I rec'd a note from my local PO yesterday about a large box held at Hualamphong from China.

Sent EMS.

Does anyone know where to go to be present when the box is opened in the presence of a customs officer?

This is a guess; I have seen the building, but never been in it. If you stand looking at the front of Hualumphong Station (facing north), then proceed northwards on the street which runs on the east side of the station. Walk up there maybe 500 metres, and there is a postal building of some sort there. I seem to remember it being on the west side of the street, adjacent to the railyards.

If you find it, you could come back here and post a reply, for the next person who wants to know.

As Allane said.

Heading North with the train line on your left,

you will come to opposing one way traffic. Get out here, assuming that you are in a taxi.

Walk about 200m and the Thai Post Office Customs is on your right.

Give your ID/ Passport and green notification letter to the guy on the door, just inside on your left.

Sign a few docs and he will give you a queue number. Sit over on the right and wait.

---

Here is the bad part.

The porters deliberately try to destroy your cartons or packets, you will see and hear a lot of banging,

it's your cartons/property that have survived the trip from China or Wherever, only to have a wirey, little, 95 in the shade, porter,

try to destroy your property at the last moment. :)

Bite your lip and say nothing, you might need this little sh*t to wheel your boxes back to the northbound section of the rd. where you left your taxi.

Note: there is very little traffic going past the PO.

Bung the little sh*t 5 baht for getting you to a taxi 200m from the PO..

No problems with Customs but I'll be ripping into the shipper on Monday for not disclosing important info to me about the EMS charges.

Oh, they close at 16:30 M-F.

Tel: 022150967 Receptionist/Officer, female, speaks good English.

Questions welcome. :D

• 1 year later...