What The Heck Is Happening Down In Pattaya

Thunderbird4ever

To the O/P,

Tell the person who took the photo that if they want something done about this they need to take the pictures to Banglamung Police, Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police immediately as this guy needs to be stopped. Or maybe he just wants to post the pictures here so everyone slag off the Police Volunteers?

He may not even be a Police Volunteer.....I don't recognise the guy. In the FTPA (Tourist Police Assistants), I have never seen anyone who wears Amulates like that. Shame you couldn't get a better picture of his face. The number on the helmet also does not correspond to any numbers we use.

My guess is he is an FPV working at Pattaya Police Station. Maybe another FPV on here could confirm that?

why all the jerks slagging off the tourist police ? i think we need them , dealing with peadophiles and drud dealers giving thailand or at least pattaya a bad name , im sick of sitting in bars in pattaya and listening to some ars*ho*e rambling on about how much he makes from drug dealing in england or what he sends home from chang mai .foreign police have a better understanding of foreign bums so give them a break , maybe jealousy has something to do with it ? :)

I reckon he is just a guy on holiday for 2 weeks.

Pattaya is known to be a place where fantasies are lived, he probably just bought some clothes and radio, the helmet is easy to obtain and rented a motorbike....he'll be off on his way to boyztown for the afternoon, perhaps with hand cuffs and a truncheon.

Ello, Ello, Ello ...

Leave him alone, I thought that tourists were welcomed.

Edited by soihok

Could be a FPV going to a Shift at a Traffic Check Point. Some FPV do that (to help the Thai Police doing the Check) and afaik there they put a white T-Shirt on (not the black Shirt they usually have). Of course walkie talkie and "Police Helmet" are not really part of there Uniform, but it looks that some like to look a little more like real Police, up to them.

Edited by CHdiver

Has 3 Buddha's on a lace round his neck. Never seen a cop with that sort of stuff on, on duty. But have seen farangs with this to 'try' and create a good image . I assume the pic was taken because it 'was' a farang.

OK, l have a Buddha on a gold chain but my wife says not to wear outside on view, Thais see the chain and 'understand'. :)

But I bet you've never seen a cop on duty without his tight brown shirt either?

So no telling how many lucky amulets they have underneath to protect them from bullets.

I can guarantee you this is a farang. I was in the car also. Also there aint many Thais with blond curly hair on there arms.

After almost 10 years in Thailand and aI havent seen a cop here patroling the streets with a triple Budha chain around his neck. It just didnt look right.

The guy is probably to find in this soi as when he was driving he waved hello to some thai girls on a motorbike and they smiled back. He seemed to patroling this soi in his own little psycho world. We drove behind him for several minutes and he drove very slowly looking at everything on his left and right. When he came down to Sukhumwith he stopped and u-turned going back up the same way.

I ll see if I can get name of the soi we were at.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

To the O/P,

Tell the person who took the photo that if they want something done about this they need to take the pictures to Banglamung Police, Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police immediately as this guy needs to be stopped. Or maybe he just wants to post the pictures here so everyone slag off the Police Volunteers?

He may not even be a Police Volunteer.....I don't recognise the guy. In the FTPA (Tourist Police Assistants), I have never seen anyone who wears Amulates like that. Shame you couldn't get a better picture of his face. The number on the helmet also does not correspond to any numbers we use.

My guess is he is an FPV working at Pattaya Police Station. Maybe another FPV on here could confirm that?

Sorry he is not FPV. He is a German national who claims to be a police assistant with Banglamung. I know all FPV and he is not one of us.

He has been reported many time but for some reason has not been arrested. Tends to be swanning about on the dark side. If you look inside his ID there is nothing there. If he arrives in your bar give him a drink and call the real police from Banglamung.

begs

To the O/P,

Sorry he is not FPV. He is a German national who claims to be a police assistant with Banglamung. I know all FPV and he is not one of us.

He has been reported many time but for some reason has not been arrested. Tends to be swanning about on the dark side. If you look inside his ID there is nothing there. If he arrives in your bar give him a drink and call the real police from Banglamung.

begs

Thanks for the confirmation, I think I may have seen this guy around myself....may have to do some digging of my own I think. Not a good image for the foreign community to have someone like this on the loose. If anyone has any information about this guy please PM me.

Told you he would be playing out a fantasy.

A bit like the glitterman but no glitter, or, same same but different.

Edited by soihok

??? He doesn't look like a policeman to me since he doesn't have the brown uniform on . Wearnig a T shirt means nothing to me. mmmmmmm, I walk around with "arm" camaflouge shorts on and a tank top, I do not expect people to think I belong to the army. (too old).

An observation I made a month ago along 2nd Street was some local Thai that had a siron and flashing light on his bike and it wasn't a police, he just wanted to get through the traffic.

I have one question, why do I see so many times police just wearing a white t-shirt with no emblems, badges etc printed on them whilst carrying a side arm.

I could not imagine too many police in my country walking around with a side arm and not wearing a uniform to identify them.

I appreciate there are always plain clothes police around in every country, but these are simply uniform police, regular issue pants etc, but just with a t-shirt on, how are you supposed to know what is real and what is not when someone stops you and demand money from you.

I have one question, why do I see so many times police just wearing a white t-shirt with no emblems, badges etc printed on them whilst carrying a side arm.

I could not imagine too many police in my country walking around with a side arm and not wearing a uniform to identify them.

I appreciate there are always plain clothes police around in every country, but these are simply uniform police, regular issue pants etc, but just with a t-shirt on, how are you supposed to know what is real and what is not when someone stops you and demand money from you.

He looks a lot like a crazy real estate hound that lives (or perhaps used to live) on Soi 7 in Jomtien.

Maybe he lost it all and now has a new profession. :)

??? He doesn't look like a policeman to me since he doesn't have the brown uniform on . Wearnig a T shirt means nothing to me. mmmmmmm, I walk around with "arm" camaflouge shorts on and a tank top, I do not expect people to think I belong to the army. (too old).

An observation I made a month ago along 2nd Street was some local Thai that had a siron and flashing light on his bike and it wasn't a police, he just wanted to get through the traffic.

The Police issue helmet is a bit of a give away to most that he's a cop, even has a 2 way radio on his belt, but a bogus one it seems. :) If you wear a Thai/US army helmet with your own gear!!!!!!

Toenail, give us a break..

When you see this guy there no doubt that its a police officer he wants to act like. Also if you download the photo to full size you will see his t-shirt with the Royal Thai Police logo on. Brown pants, the black leather shoes, 2 way radio, the helmet. If you look closer his belt on his left side is also stuffed with police effects.

What farang wear those shoes on daytime in Pattaya. I belive slippers is the official shoe wear here.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

• 4 weeks later...

hes for real, he works for the soi 9 police, hes german, I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him and he believes he has full police powers

Edited by rafval

hes for real, he works for the soi 9 police, hes german, I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him and he believes he has full police powers

Can you give any more info without, ahem, exposing yourself? Eg was he an upright, clean, straightforward member of the police-assisting foreign community?

Can you give any more info without, ahem, exposing yourself? Eg was he an upright, clean, straightforward member of the police-assisting foreign community?

he thinks he is but I personally I dont feel comfortable with police that take the law into their own hands, altho I understand thats how the Thai system works. weather its legal for a farang to have that power I dont know, I was reading that at a recent meeting the Pattaya police werent happy with volunteers having those powers, <snip> Edited by soundman
Removed allegation.

rafval can you pm me as would say this man does not work for Soi 9. Please let me know the circumstances of how you met him and what his role was in Soi 9.

begs

OP Whats your problem ? I see 2 photos of a guy on a motorbike, period. The helmet can be bought at many places. It is not issued by The RTPD. Take off the RTPD emblem and it becomes a very nice safety helmet. I have worn mine for 3 years.

It is cool and comfortable. Never been challanged!

Well it is sad to say,I have discovered that he works for a high ranking police officer in Chonburi. I ashamed because of this mans behaviour. But all is not lost I am hoping a complaint will be made to the Chonburi "high ranking Policeman" about his behaviour because in my opinion it brings into disrepute genuine foreign police volunteers, and so we get tarred with the same brush!

Apologies to all for his disgraceful behaviour.

begs