roamer

The polls have closed.

Exit poll

Con. 307

Lab 255

Lib 59

Others 29

326 needed for majority.

If this is correct and another poll is remarkably similar its hard to see how this can work, constitutional wrigglings beginning. Sterling going to be well down on Friday would expect.

These polls are notoriously unreliable in the UK

actually the last two were extremely accurate, '92 one notoriously wrong. A lot of issues here could have this one just as wrong. Lets pray it is cos that particular outcome could mean people like Ulster unionists holding the balance. Lots of reports coming in of people unable to get into polling stations before they closed the doors on a very high turnout....some complaints brewing there....

Regardless of polls, let's hope things end with Brown crawling back to Scotland with a boot up his arse. He has been nothing short of bloody awful as PM (as well as comptroller before then).

Watching it live on my computer (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/election2010/liveevent/) - most of the non-Labour politicians and journalists think it unlikely that Libs will loose seats (-3) and will get such a poor result. Labour's campaign was completely offensive - attacking Cons and Libs. Whereas both Libs and Cons were proactive. To me that says which parties have ideas and which don't! I just watched all the England political broadcasts (on BBC.co.uk - didn't bother with NI/Welsh/Scottish).- like Libs PPB and British Democrats, UKIP and even Greens were pretty good - BNP was a good PPB, but I wouldn't trust them.

By the way, as far as the Exit Poll goes the swing is 5.5% (7% in England - less in Wales/Scotland) from Lab to Cons and 2% from Libs to Cons. Cons need 19 more seats (than the Exit Poll shows) to take majority.

Gonna be an interesting night!

First blood just went to Labour 13k (Cons 8k/Libs 5k) in Houghton and Sunderland (A Labour strong hold - so no surprise, but she did lose 12% since last time) - BTW that's an 8.5% swing to Cons, even though they didn't win the seat, if it continues (which is possible remembering this is a Lab strong hold) then Cons are in for a comfortable win!

Edited by wolf5370

All the UK newspapers are running headlines asking , "has Dave done it" suggesting that he's going to win - the BBC results pages though consistently shows (in real time) Labour as having won twice as many seats as the Cons, it looks like the papers may have got it very wrong at this stage. Check out the BBC home page for real time seat wins.

I just feel sorry for my relatives in the UK who feel completely disenfranchised that they have no control over there own destiny (European Union Governed) and want to get out but cant for various reasons.

If the Liebour Government get back in and continue with Social Engineering and the importing of Labour voters (immigrants) there futures look very grim...they will live in a dystopia.

They will also be very poor!

im sitting of shetland just now on a boat

Is that the correct spelling? or should it be "i" instead of "e" perhaps.

An ignorant comment from someone who has never visited or perhaps a disgruntled Orcadian.....

Whatever else you whinging poms may say about your country, you developed a great parliamentary model for many other countries, including Australia. In these times it is good to hear about an election taking place without a shot being fired. A far cry from Thailand.

An ignorant comment from someone who has never visited or perhaps a disgruntled Orcadian.....

I was looking at the big picture perhaps you need drink to stimulate the old cells a boozer perhaps :)

I just feel sorry for my relatives in the UK who feel completely disenfranchised that they have no control over there own destiny (European Union Governed) and want to get out but cant for various reasons.

If the Liebour Government get back in and continue with Social Engineering and the importing of Labour voters (immigrants) there futures look very grim...they will live in a dystopia.

They will also be very poor!

...and to add to that, It's astonishing that Labour will get a single vote other than from the welfare dependents, millions of immigrants and people in State/public sector jobs. But, come to think of it, that's about 30%, I guess...bribery on a massive scale!

You think Thailand's got problems?

Whatever else you whinging poms may say about your country, you developed a great parliamentary model for many other countries, including Australia. In these times it is good to hear about an election taking place without a shot being fired. A far cry from Thailand.

Don't speak too soon, if you read the news you'll see that there were near riots at a number of polling stations where old electoral roles were used and polling stations that ran out of voting forms and had to close - if that's not bad enough there are some fifty or so separate police investigations into illegal voting , mostly amongst the Bengali population in London where magically, hundreds of new but non-existent voters appeared overnight.

All the UK newspapers are running headlines asking , "has Dave done it" suggesting that he's going to win - the BBC results pages though consistently shows (in real time) Labour as having won twice as many seats as the Cons, it looks like the papers may have got it very wrong at this stage. Check out the BBC home page for real time seat wins.

Some interesting gains for the Tories.

The Fat Lady has not sung yet (although I still fear a hung parliament)

It's going be very close, could be hung or Cons victory.

Maybe because the Thai PM went to school there? :)

And the U.K. elections will affect Abhitist's reign in what way?

Elvis Presley bought an orchid grown in Thailand. Can I start a thread about Graceland?

Edited by toptuan

It's going to be very close, could be hung or Cons outright, if the latter at teast the Pound will improve against THB.

Maybe because the Thai PM went to school there? :)

And the U.K. elections will affect Abhitist's reign in what way?

Elvis Presley bought an orchid grown in Thailand. Can I start a thread about Graceland?

so why are you so interested in this discussion ,no one is forcing you to read it?

It's going to be very close, could be hung or Cons outright, if the latter at teast the Pound will improve against THB.

and if it's the former (likely by the looks of it) what will that do to the pound vs the THB?

Scotland and Northern England votes always come in first, so Labour always surge ahead at first. Current status is:

Seats Share Change (Constituencies gained/lost)

lab 136 38 % -38

con 174 48 % 41

lib 26 7 % -2

snp 6 2 % 0

pc 3 1 % 1

oth 16 4 % -2

Coming in thick and fast though - already changed as I type!

I calculate Cons need to win 53% of the remaining seats (about 290 ish) to get a clear majority. Trend shows they will probably miss this by around 5-10 seats :)

Edited by wolf5370

I was looking at the big picture perhaps you need drink to stimulate the old cells a boozer perhaps :)

Ah yes found my specs at last. Sorry I hadn't considered England as well. :D

Looks like its going to be very close for the Tories.

Edited by smokie36