Avenue Plans?

toenail

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried them 2 or 3 times and they were some of the rudest people I ever encountered.

They even let a parade of aggressive vendors pass thru that will hassle you between bites. Horrible.

Last time there the waiter played games with the change so bye bye.

The cinema there at the Villa site, what ? 8 mostly all English language films showing,....dedicate just one of the eight cinema rooms or whatever you would call them to showing films of an era that most elderly ex pats would appreciate Aldo Ray for one,great in his day Clara Bow,Lillian Gish,Vilma Banky,Mary Pickford

Would go down a treat

I thought of something similar, but not as far back as Mary Pickford. They could do some type of classic film series or something with older movies. There is a theater in Austin, Texas which is running a summer of '82 movie series: Poltergeist, The Road Warrior, The Wrath of Kahn, Rocky III, The Thing, E.T., Tron.

Way back in the 80's the theater (symphony, ballet), in my hometown, put on a classic movie series. Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Gentlemen Prefer Blonds, Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend, Veritgo, Rear Window (first time I ever saw Grace Kelly... nice). It was a huge success. The theater hoped to get 200 people just to break even but over a thousand showed up.

With the right promotion, this type of series could go over very well in a place like Pattaya. Lots of older people who are tired of the same story lines being rehashed and some of the youngsters might appreciate seeing a classic on the big screen.

Would be a novel way to go,Aldo Ray in 3D,like to see Lillian Gish on the big screen again am sure most elderly ex pats would too,could show "Earth women are Easy "as well