Tv Member Swain Died Last Night

FarangCravings

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP, Khun Swain,

We honor him for his concern and compassion he expressed for a friend struggling with depression in this thread he started : Khun Swain's thread on a Friend's Depression

sadly, ~o:37;

Yes, may he RIP. I remember the first post I read of his. He apparently was present for the suicide of a friend who had sufferd a financial reversal and couldn't bear the thought of not living his previously extravagant lifestyle. swain intoned he'd been through a similar reversal of fortunes but in that and subsequent posts on various topics he talked about his being reinvigorated through the love of a good woman, happiness in residing in this beautiful city and later the birth of a child. Gone far to soon but I'm so grateful he shared his story with us here. These things help when we each have our own challanges. Strength to his wife and child.

RIP

Condolences to his family.

There was also a similar case in the Thai newspaper a couple of days ago. It said by Makro Hang Dong Rd. Motorbike rear ended and motorbike rider died. Does anyone know where the latest tragedy occurred.

We lost a close friend of the family recently also, a fine young man in his mid-twenties. On his way into work early one morning before the sun was up, on his motorcycle he hit a cane truck which had no rear lights, on a curve in the heavily treed countryside. He passed after a two-week coma. Terrible tragedy.

RIP Swain.

Edited by Lopburi99

Did not know the guy but reading on TV he was a nice guy who did his best. Tragic end. I would gladly give 1000 BT to his wife and child to help ease the burden. Please set up a place for donations, I think Tuskers would be good for us. Maybe a Swain nite soon. Any info on his funeral ? Thanks.

Did not know you Swain but I am sure you will RIP, so so sad, respect to the family, I think this type of thing can make us all try to remember to tell our loved ones how much we love them as you just dont know when you might be taken.

I met 'Steve' (SWAIN) a number of times as my tgf was working for him for a few months. He had a number of Thai's working for him linking websites for a corporate company in the States. He lived in the moo baan behined Rimping in Hang Dong and just recently built or moved into a house with his young wife.

I met his daughter too; around 3 years of age :) . His wife's mother lived with them along with other relatives whom lived in the same area; so at least her family are close during this terrible time.

How quickly life can be taken away from us.

RIP Steve.

Hi

and RIP fellow travellor...

I'm not sure I knew him, the only guy I know lived there was a largish

American guy, slightly balding with medium lomgish hair - with a family. I met him at the last TV night in Tuskers

and again at Rimping @ Kad Farang, but might not be the same guy.

Would like to contribute too . . .

Now I understand why my wife doesn't 'allow' me out on a motorbike!

David

Very sad... and especially so for someone with a wife and child. We all know the risks of riding bike in Thailand. I do it all the time, but I don't have a family to worry about. Even if you've had a drink or two it doesn't mean you are incapable of handling a motorbike in traffic. It can make no difference at all if a crazy Thai driver decides to ignore the safety of others. It is a real live video game out there, and where the crashes can't be rewound and begun again.

Hi

and RIP fellow travellor...

I'm not sure I knew him, the only guy I know lived there was a largish

American guy, slightly balding with medium lomgish hair - with a family. I met him at the last TV night in Tuskers

and again at Rimping @ Kad Farang, but might not be the same guy.

Would like to contribute too . . .

Now I understand why my wife doesn't 'allow' me out on a motorbike!

David

That sounds like Steve to a T

RIP

Setting up a collection is a great idea.

His family may or may not need or want the funds, but it will give them strength to know there are so many who care.

All our lives are powered by the good wishes to those around us.

I would like to try and assist in helping collect donations for his little daughter just not sure how to organize it but would be happy to do what i can to assist

I am trying to see if I can get the Wifes Moms bank account information (he lived with her and wife and Ananda his 3 year old daughter) so deposits can be made directly to them I am having my wife try and get the info will post when I get it.

Steve's familly is on the way from the states

Edited by Lite Beer

Admin / Mods are a bit slow to act on the request of several members to arrange a collection for the deceased's wife.

Pity they don't show the same diligence as when policing the boards and deleting inane posts.

Thin ice there. Note the following rule:

25) Members are forbidden to solicit for or accept donations, gifts etc. for providing such advice to visitors and members.

If you wish to follow through then you need to contact George or support[at]thaivisa.com and not through the open forum.

Admin / Mods are a bit slow to act on the request of several members to arrange a collection for the deceased's wife.

Pity they don't show the same diligence as when policing the boards and deleting inane posts.

Thin ice there. Note the following rule:

25) Members are forbidden to solicit for or accept donations, gifts etc. for providing such advice to visitors and members.

If you wish to follow through then you need to contact George or support[at]thaivisa.com and not through the open forum.

Not clear

So does that mean TV will not allow a collection for the deceased 3 year old daughter ??

Since nobody is soliciting but it was offered not sure if you are saying TV will not allow it

Very sad... and especially so for someone with a wife and child. We all know the risks of riding bike in Thailand. I do it all the time, but I don't have a family to worry about. Even if you've had a drink or two it doesn't mean you are incapable of handling a motorbike in traffic. It can make no difference at all if a crazy Thai driver decides to ignore the safety of others.

Or indeed a crazy Farang driver. Or just 'crazy driver of unspecified race or gender'.

Steve's Wife and mother in law are at my house now and I have the bank information can you please ask George what I need to do to comply with TV rules

thank you

I have forwarded the bank information to SUPPORT

Edited by FarangCravings

I think what he's saying is that you'd have to get George's permission first, and if he goes along with it then it'd likely mean that one of the CNX based mods would verify the account number, and then post it.

ThaiVisa generally does not allow collection of funds through the forum for non-legally recognized charities. Even then, generally we only allow announcements of events, such as a fundraising fair. This is to protect both our members and Thaivisa.

That said, there has been no request for permission to post.

I think what he's saying is that you'd have to get George's permission first, and if he goes along with it then it'd likely mean that one of the CNX based mods would verify the account number, and then post it.

ThaiVisa generally does not allow collection of funds through the forum for non-legally recognized charities. Even then, generally we only allow announcements of events, such as a fundraising fair. This is to protect both our members and Thaivisa.

That said, there has been no request for permission to post.

Can I post there bank info ?? thanks

FC.

If you have the account number then just send a pm with the details to those who say they would like to contribute.

I would be happy to pop 1000 baht in it

Other members who wish to contribute could just post or pm you

I know its a bit complicated but may get round the rules for such a worthy cause.

If its not allowed I am sure a mod will be here in a minute to say so....or they might even post that its OK

Regarding Steve, the funeral has not been set yet as his brother is due to arrive here either today or tomorrow.I expect the service will be wednesday or thursday certainly before the weekend.They was no hit a run driver if any one wants more detail p.m me as i was there.I am gratefull for the kind messages and will let his wife know so she can go though them.Re donations or helping towards the incoming costs i am sure it would be appreciated.

Regarding Steve, the funeral has not been set yet as his brother is due to arrive here either today or tomorrow.I expect the service will be wednesday or thursday certainly before the weekend.They was no hit a run driver if any one wants more detail p.m me as i was there.I am gratefull for the kind messages and will let his wife know so she can go though them.Re donations or helping towards the incoming costs i am sure it would be appreciated.

Oops, meant to be PM.

Edited by lannarebirth