Tv Member Swain Died Last Night

FarangCravings

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, same story.. Steve Wysong was one of those guys I will always remember as "ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS" I met in Thailand. Some are not so good and some are just okay.. but Steve Wysong was indeed a good guy..

I met his brother James last night at what seemed to be the wake or some sort of something they had at the church he attended with his daughter. What mighty fine man he was as well. Really nice people the Wysongs.

Oddly enough some of the readers who post are again clueless on what is up.. Steve was with a mutual friend out drinking in a local bar on the Hang Dong Road. I guess time was up for him and he just got up and said he was going home. He had no idea at that point where home really was...

I guess he also had no idea what happen... He got on his motorbike and got about 2 meters and fell over on the road from what appears to be his own doing. No one knows if he hit his head then and was knocked out or what but by in a blink of an eye, a small SUV just could not stop and ran over the top of him. He was not hit sitting up on the bike as he would have went up over the car.. He was already down on the ground when the car hit him.

I saw the car that hit him and his bike he was riding at the HD police station the next morning. There was no damage at all to the car. Just a small scratch on the rubber bumper. There was only a small amount of damage to the bike as well. It just did not make any sense to me at that time. I asked his mate who was with him what did he seen and all he remembered was Steve under the car. It happen so fast..

Finally last night I think I got it figured out in my mind. I asked the lady who was driving the car that hit him and her friend (who spoke better English) said he was already down on the ground and they just could not stop. He had apparently not looked over his right shoulder and had no helmet just drove out onto the HD Road and fell over.

Strangely as it can get here in Thailand.. the driver is also a close personal friend of mine as well, but she did not know Steve. I was totally dumbfounded when I saw her standing in tears at the police station. A very sick, cold feeling came over me.. All I said in my mind is this cannot be real... It is! She can't be the one...she was!

This is a really good lady, a very classy respectable lady and also I have driven with her and her friend. She is so sorry and this is a very heavy weight on her now...all this is is tragic... for everyone...There are no bad guys here.. no one running from the scene of a accident as many of us have seen here.. Only lots of very very sad family members and a equally sad friend whom all have to live with this for ever..

My heart goes out to all...

Let me tell you all.. I saw her face at the police station..a face any man would LOVE to look at.. and again last night at my front gate as she picked me up to go to the service.. She is so so sad and sick about all of this.. She is so not herself.. this woman has been crying non-stop for days.. you can see it in her eyes.. and how it has changed her look... Make-up cannot fix it!

I am sure that Steve is looking down now and is kickin' his own arse at the rainbow bridge over this...

STEVE WYSONG WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED

Hey everyone, I am Steve's brother and in Chiang Mai for the funeral. I just want to thank all you for your kind words and wishes.

The whole ordeal is tragic but it is good to see the outpouring of love for my big brother. He talked about Thailand every time he phoned and he even mentioned Thaivisa a couple of times. He was 48 and born on Oct 4th. I am comforted by the fact that he went quickly and suffering was minimal if at all. I am a little disgusted by the local newspaper article (with picture) but as I understand it is par for this area. Anyway thanks again, and be safe all of you as you have loved ones abroad that I am sure do not wish to go through the same journey as I have.

Hey everyone, I am Steve's brother and in Chiang Mai for the funeral. I just want to thank all you for your kind words and wishes.

The whole ordeal is tragic but it is good to see the outpouring of love for my big brother. He talked about Thailand every time he phoned and he even mentioned Thaivisa a couple of times. He was 48 and born on Oct 4th. I am comforted by the fact that he went quickly and suffering was minimal if at all. I am a little disgusted by the local newspaper article (with picture) but as I understand it is par for this area. Anyway thanks again, and be safe all of you as you have loved ones abroad that I am sure do not wish to go through the same journey as I have.

hope you have a lot of strength and happy memories brother.

Be careful out there at the moment. in all forms of transport.

Sorry for your terrible loss. We are all thinking of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Wysong was a friend. He was a good man. He was a teacher. He had a good heart. He very much loved his Daughter and his Wife.

He also loved his choice to live in Thailand. He had a spirit of adventure which took him to business ventures in the Phillipines, Ukraine and elsewhere.

Steve was a man who would go the extra yard for you. He would help to a fault. Often at his own expense. Steve was a man who taught me many lessons about life through his love of technology. Lessons which I applied successfully and which i had the pleasure of sharing with him from time to time when we would speak of the past. Of the future. Of the possibilities.

Steve was a pioneer. He crafted new technologies, nurtured young apprentices and worked until the wee hours.

Steve was a procrastinator. But not out of malice. He had a lot on his mind!

Steve was a dreamer. He wished for a better world. For kinder people. For a break. He wanted his Daughter to have all that the world could give her. More than he could give her. Steve shared with me the deep love that he carried for her and the transformational effect that she had on his conciousness.

Steve was a kind soul.

Steve was a friend.

We will miss him dearly.

I will be setting up an educational fund for his Daughter in the United States and will post further information on this site as it becomes available for those that wish to contribute.

Erik Laykin

Managing Director

Duff & Phelps, LLC

350 Grand Avenue

31st Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90064

United States of America

310 245 2902

My heartfelt sympathy and condolences to the family and all who were close to him.

The words as my brother recently had inscribed on my father`s gravestone:

Departed for now, but loved forever.

Edited by BigWheelMan

I got this email and requested to sent to all of friends Steve knew. I don't know them all, but there are a lot in here

for sure.

Hello all,

I have made a tribute to Steve and posted it on to youtube.

It has his favorite song, another song I thought appropriate and many of his cherished moments.

It is a celebration of his life and I hope you enjoy it.

Please pass this on to anyone who knew Steve.

Although Steve's life was short, he lead a full life, so smile and think fondly of him.

Sincerely,

James Wysong

I got this email and requested to sent to all of friends Steve knew. I don't know them all, but there are a lot in here

for sure.

Hello all,

I have made a tribute to Steve and posted it on to youtube.

It has his favorite song, another song I thought appropriate and many of his cherished moments.

It is a celebration of his life and I hope you enjoy it.

Please pass this on to anyone who knew Steve.

Although Steve's life was short, he lead a full life, so smile and think fondly of him.

Sincerely,

James Wysong

Though I didn't know Steve, I was very moved by the video you made. He passed before his time, perhaps, but it seems he was lucky to have so many good people close to him, most of all his young daughter and his wife.

You are a very fine brother to make such a lovely tribute to him.

Edited by chaoyang