Car Rental With No Hassles

gguy

Any recommendations for a car rental firm with no hassles or rip offs.

I like to rent one or two days a month for shopping and sightseeing.

Do rentals include insurance? Is it good insurance? I just don't want to end up in jail if a Thai runs into me.

What is the approximate cost?

You would probably be safer sticking with one of the big companies, such as Avis, Hertz or National. You can feel comfortable they have proper insurance and that they will not magically "find" previous damage to blame you for when you return the car. Before I owned a car here, I rented from the big companies and never had a problem, but I've heard some horror stories (unverified) of scamming at some of the small companies, exactly along the lines of the jet ski scams.

I have always used AVIS, never tried Hertz, you know you have the full insurance and you can drive with confidence that you get help in an accident. They give you a number to call and a guy comes out and does the negotiating for you, no having to backhand coppers or get stung by greedy locals. The dodgy ones take your passport, there is no insurance, they are not really rental car companies at all, just renting out a few cars they own, beware, you could get stuck very badly just to save a few dollars.

I've tried a few car rental places in Pattaya and Jomtien over the years. I'd recommend going with Holiday Car Rental at the top of 3rd Road (North Pattaya).

Grahame is the owner, really nice guy and the whole business is very professional and everything is clean, and they still manage good rental rates. Just go to their shop or web site, you'll see how professional, unlike others.

Just Google; Holiday Car Rental Pattaya

I've tried a few car rental places in Pattaya and Jomtien over the years. I'd recommend going with Holiday Car Rental at the top of 3rd Road (North Pattaya).

Grahame is the owner, really nice guy and the whole business is very professional and everything is clean, and they still manage good rental rates. Just go to their shop or web site, you'll see how professional, unlike others.

Just Google; Holiday Car Rental Pattaya

Albeit quite a few years since last rental, I'd like to second pattayacar-rent.com.

Made the deal over the phone. Was then picked up in the rental at my home, and taken to their office to complete the paperwork.

Smooth transaction and nice staff.

I just rented from Graeme at Holiday. They are great. I locked my keys in the trunk while I was out near the lake on the East side. He sent a guy over to help me out immediately. Even drove me home after the rental was over. I had full insurance on the car. First class operation. The car was in great shape also....and does great deals for long term rent.

You might want to try Bob.English lad located on soi Dianna inn just at the crossing with soi Buakhaow.Been in business for many years and always correct.Give him a call on 038-412390 during business hours.

I don't know his prices but know from a friend who rented recently that a new Chevy Aveo is 1000 Baht a day fully covered.

Mention my name and tell him not to forget my commission :)

Edited by basjke

If you want peace of mind with insurance go to Avis or Hertz. If you want cheap rate go to any one named by posters. It's as simple as that

I went with Holiday Rental and had 100% full insurance. Peace of mind AND a cheap rate!

I have always used AVIS, never tried Hertz, you know you have the full insurance and you can drive with confidence that you get help in an accident. They give you a number to call and a guy comes out and does the negotiating for you, no having to backhand coppers or get stung by greedy locals. The dodgy ones take your passport, there is no insurance, they are not really rental car companies at all, just renting out a few cars they own, beware, you could get stuck very badly just to save a few dollars.

AVIS do not have first class insurance... i found this out when some un-insured muppet rear-ended me a few years ago... I had to keep the car an extra day and get it repaired myself or risk losing a 20k deposit transaction which was on my credit card..Buget only charge 5k

I also rent a honda jazz here in pattaya long term... Can anyone get it cheaper than 16500 baht without insurance per month... If you knowf any please let me know.. I rent it from a company that has been mentioned on this thread but wont say who..

• 1 month later...

I've used these guys :: Q Cars :: The Best Deals On Wheels with no problems. Proper rental insurance, covered by an AA/RAC policy and negotiable rates.

I need to rent a car for one month while my new car is ordered. I was researching various rental companies when I came across this post.

Edited by Rimmer
Unsupported Name and Shame post edited out

I've used these guys <a href="http://www.qcars-pattaya.com/" target="_blank">:: Q Cars :: The Best Deals On Wheels</a> with no problems. Proper rental insurance, covered by an AA/RAC policy and negotiable rates.

If you don't mind paying double price go ahead and use Avis or Hertz, otherwise I agree with the above.