Where To Buy Velcro Tape.

merijn

Does anybody know where I can buy ( preferable industrial quality ) Velcro type.

I checked the normal hardware stores like Homepro and could not find any. :)

I only need a small size of Velcro tape.

Thanks for all information.

Edited by merijn

Hi Merjin. I don't know where you are, but a few months back I had easy success finding Velcro tape at a local fabric store in my town. I think the generic term is "fastening tape" (however that translates to Thai...) The store had two spools - one for of each "side" of the tape. Good luck.

I have also bought Velcro at Hope Pro before.

Try also TrueValue opposite Central.

Also, I have found that the term "Velcro" is not ubiquitous in Thailand. It's a genericized trademark of the hook and loop fastener so if you try also asking for "hook and loop" you may have better luck.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

• 1 year later...

Homepro has velcro. You mustn't have looked in the right isle.

HomeWorks also has velcro. Again, finding it is the problem. Asking staff is a waste of time.

Ask for 'dteen dtoogae' (tokay gecko feet) in Thai. That's what Velcro is called here.

I asked my boss, who weighs 47 kilos, long black hair, dark skin and eats a lot, and she said to use the word tape (more like tehp) dteen tukgae (tuk like tuk tuk and gae, long like gaaaay. Hope that helps.

Alternatively, look at the very wide electrical shop, basement Big C, far right from escalators.

I buy this often to bind up my arthritic finger joints. You can buy small amounts of it on (at least) one of the fabric stores on Thalang Road. Start at the junction of Phuket Road and Thalang Road and proceed west(with the flow of one-way traffic). It's one of the shops on your left. Bringing a sample and remembering 'teen tukkae', (as suggested above) are both recommended as I don't know if the shopowners speak English. They typically charge me ten baht per foot (both strips, as mentioned above). Good luck.