What Is This Pet I Bought?

ive bought this great pet i think its a chipmunk, but all the pictures of chipmunks i found all have strpies. Mine is a red/brown colour but with no stripes i bought him from a pet shop she said it was a "garrot" hes only small as hes about 2 months old now has a big bushy tail like a squirrel. he also hides food in his box but i never see him with his cheeks full like what a chipmunk or squirrel does.

and im 100 % sure hes not a mouse or rat!

hes so much fun and great to watch!

i cant work out how to put pictures on here so i cant do that.

I suspect you bought a "sugar glider", native of Australia but quite common in pet shops and JJ market these days. They really are nocturnal, sleeping daytime more active at night.

A friend of mine who is a ferret freak told me they sell both ferrets and sugar gliders at JJ. I just guessed ferret because it sounds like garrot!

Strange hearing-aid you've got there, have you tried fresh batteries?

Stick to starting 5 polls a day ..... :)

A friend of mine who is a ferret freak told me they sell both ferrets and sugar gliders at JJ. I just guessed ferret because it sounds like garrot!

Stick to starting 5 polls a day ..... :)

You don't think they sound similar? Thai people often make major pronunciation errors such as garrot/ferret. Let me know if you need help to start polls as you sound jealous.

Stick to starting 5 polls a day ..... :D

You don't think they sound similar? Thai people often make major pronunciation errors such as garrot/ferret. Let me know if you need help to start polls as you sound jealous.

Never have, never will, & you are deaf! :)

Stick to starting 5 polls a day ..... :D

Never have, never will, & you are deaf! :)

You're right. I am deaf. To you.

• 2 weeks later...