Hmmmmm,which Visa To Get?

Going to Thailand mid July to take 1 month Celta course during august, then find English teaching job ,,,by November.

Optiion 1: can get free 60 day 2 entry tourist visa ( evidently on may 11 they will be free), leave country after 2 months and come back, have 2 more months- probably enough time to get job (which will supply me with visa and work permit).

Option 2: get $65 3 month 1 entry type ED visa , will most likely have to leave country to get 3 more months before finding employment and pay for re entry permit also - but will have a total of 6 months instead of 4 with the tourist visa.

Option 3 : get multiple entry 1 year type ED visa for $175. wont have to worry about leaving the country to "renew" but will have "wasted" time on it - and money when ( hopefully) i find employment and get new type of visa to secure work permit.

Yep i know , a bit confusing. Any advice or help greatly appreciated ....thanks

Option 1 will cover up to almost six months using 30 day extensions of stay.

Option 2 will require school paperwork and will cost.

Option 3 will require school paperwork and may not be available for CELTA

Option 1 will cover up to almost six months using 30 day extensions of stay.

Option 2 will require school paperwork and will cost.

Option 3 will require school paperwork and may not be available for CELTA

use the first 30 day extension and then leave and come back, get a new 60 days, then get another 30 day extension. Is this the way its done to get the most time out of the visa? thanks

You will also need a degree from a 'reputable' University to get a decent job here, with a language school that will supply the necessary visa/work permit.

Bangkok has a surplus of English Teachers, not properly qualified, but with years of experience - who can't find jobs at a standard of wage that makes it worthwhile!

Do you have any teaching experience and good checkable references?

If you are looking for a teaching Job then look outside of Bangkok, as there are too many teachers looking for work or working in Bangkok as stated above.

Best bet is to go upcountry, a friend of mine just got a job outside of BKK, no degree but a TEFL, not a great salary but enough to live on, and at least it is work.

My story....Yesterday I get a call from a teacher in Nakhon Phanom about positions available at her school there. Her boss gives me an email address to forward my resume, passport copy and documents. I spend 2 hours finding a place that can scan and upload these items for me. The email address they give me is not correct. Hours later we straighten this out. Later last night I get a message telling me to call the Principal of the school immediately as he is in the process of hiring someone else. It is 10:00 p.m. I try to call the number they give me six times, no one answers, they urge me to keep trying. At 10:30 p.m they repeat the phone number which is not the first number that they gave me. So I try this second number and finally do reach the principal and speak with him. They apologize for having given me the wrong phone number.

I feel sorry for the students that are attending this school. If the employees' who are employed there cannot give a correct email address or telephone number to reach the director of the school.

I spent nearly three hours on the phone and the internet last night trying to sort this out.

This morning I get a message from the woman who gave me the wrong email address and incorrect phone number. She told me that she did not think that I had a good attitude. I may need an attitude adjustment after all of this but they definitely need an education adjustment.

So If I do get offered the position I have to ask my self would I want to work for an organization like this?