Men With Shaved Heads

maccaroni man

If you're going bald shave it. On another hair related note, I've noticed a number of grey farangs in their senoir years sporting dyed hair, reds, purples, orange, presumably on instruction from their mia farangs. Whether they like their husbands looking like a clown to keep other potential gold diggers at bay is open to conjecture. Looks stupid nonetheless.

I'm guessing it's a personal decision right down to the same lifestyle choices where you see farang tooling around town on their mid-life crisis hog who think they are badder than sh*t with their cheesy motorcycle club vests and cowboy boots.

..but actually everyone is laughing. :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to have fairly normal length hair, if there is such a thing, but I got so pee'd off with the hassles getting a decent haircut I went #1, no shave though. Now I actually prefer it with the added benefit that I can walk into any barber shop pretty well anywhere in the world and get an acceptable haircut.

I would have thought that most Asian women prefer short hair as many see long hair and/or beards as dirty. There was a couple of westerners walking around town, HCMC, sporting long dreadlocks, couldn't follow all the comments but I didn't hear a favourable one.

Anyway the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about two weeks. :)

Hare Club for Men--- Brought to you by Bugs Bunny

What is interesting is the evolution of baldness in recent times

Long hair was do rigeur until the Prussian army cut made its way into armies a hundred years plus back….

Last century, iIn the 60s 70s, you had really only Yul Bryner and Telly Savalas who cud make it look cool and all the other male pattern baldness guys shuddered on the sidelines….

Then the 70-80s came along with punk rock skin heads etc, and all of a sudden skinheads were cool or feared….

Then in the 90s a lot of people fed off of this fear, including athletes, hooligans, Mike Tyson, and a mixed bag of shaved male pattern baldness wannabes trying to look fearsome…..et voila

It is what it is…and it ain’t any prettier than it was 50 years ago….

What will be interesting is to see where it goes from here…..

After all the hairless cat doesn’t seem to have made any evolutionary gains

Edited by Utterlyuseful

At least three posters have made the point that In Thailand, shaven heads are associated with Buddhist priests.

Is this a genuine factor in Thailand where Thai women are conditioned to avoid any physical contact with priests? Any Thai ladies care to offer a perspective?

in my haste I overlooked this....in Japan shaving ones head is seen as a means of seeking redemption and a fresh start due to some negative experience/deeds........

At least three posters have made the point that In Thailand, shaven heads are associated with Buddhist priests.

Is this a genuine factor in Thailand where Thai women are conditioned to avoid any physical contact with priests? Any Thai ladies care to offer a perspective?

If you're going bald shave it. On another hair related note, I've noticed a number of grey farangs in their senoir years sporting dyed hair, reds, purples, orange, presumably on instruction from their mia farangs. Whether they like their husbands looking like a clown to keep other potential gold diggers at bay is open to conjecture. Looks stupid nonetheless.

:):D :D :D

Its a bizarre question. Some like it some don't. Some like big feet some don't or why do some of us have a moustache and others don't. Laziness or we just like it that way.

Should have posted this as a poll in the Ladies forum.....then we can all wander down the shops and choose our favourite syrup! :)

Much better to cover a shaved or bald head w/ a doo rag or bandanna, like Steven Van Zandt. They look SO much cooler. If you gotta work in an office, maybe you can get a pinstriped or paisely or rep striped.

post-14882-1273153204_thumb.jpg

post-a112947-forever-alb-mww.jpg

That, unless you want go for a hair transplant! :)

Do women love bald heads? LOL

Guys shave their heads because they are going bald!

They "think" women will like it because they "think" it looks better than a sparse ring of hair around their lower skull :)

Otherwise known as the retiree hula. :D

i think a closely cut balding head still looks much better than a shaved head. Sean Connery for example. it looks sophisticated. everyone gets old.

the bald head reflects light and makes you look like an alien. it also tells everyone that you are self conscious about going bald.

Edited by Chunky1

I know where you are coming from, I have thinning hair, I have my head cut to a number one, I do not go bald because it looks to harsh on me, It looks OK on some men but not me, I have a few battle scares on my face which only seems to make me look hard, but I am not, a few Thai people have commented on the way I look. They have said that they dare not speak to me because I look aggressive which I am not, Those who know me, know me as happy sanook sanook,

for enough money or position of power women will love a man regardless of how little hair on the head or how much hair in the nose or ears. Same the world over.

Did you mention the word love and money in one and the same sentence? :)

I know where you are coming from, I have thinning hair, I have my head cut to a number one, I do not go bald because it looks to harsh on me, It looks OK on some men but not me, I have a few battle scares on my face which only seems to make me look hard, but I am not, a few Thai people have commented on the way I look. They have said that they dare not speak to me because I look aggressive which I am not, Those who know me, know me as happy sanook sanook,

you may be my long lost twin! I too have some scars, not on my face but the head has been stitched up a few times and adds to that 'thug' look. Also my 'not in any particular mood at all' face can, I've been told, make me look like I want to kill everyone whilst I'm perfectly happy and smiling inside! :)

Okay, we get it fellas, there are plenty of confident bald people out there. But let's keep it real. All else being equal (which is a phrase oft omitted from these threads), most women (and men for that matter) probably prefer a full head of hair. That's not to say that bald folks must be lonely. Plenty are not, but just like a anyone missing any kind of body part, it is a very slight handicap. Heck, I'm fine with bald folks parking in handicapped spaces so they have more time to get back to working hard to pay for that beach house and Ferrari.

:D

:):D:D

Too true. Yah, most of us older males would like to be 30 again with an athletic phsyique, full head of thick hair, nicely tanned body, a full set of shiny white teeth and strong rugged looks. Unfortunately, most of us didn't even start out that way and we have to do the best with what we can. Now, just because some cocky young dipshit thinks everyone over the age of 40 is only fit for the old age rest home just shows his ignorance.

Wisdom is wasted on the youth.

Okay, we get it fellas, there are plenty of confident bald people out there. But let's keep it real. All else being equal (which is a phrase oft omitted from these threads), most women (and men for that matter) probably prefer a full head of hair. That's not to say that bald folks must be lonely. Plenty are not, but just like a anyone missing any kind of body part, it is a very slight handicap. Heck, I'm fine with bald folks parking in handicapped spaces so they have more time to get back to working hard to pay for that beach house and Ferrari.

Too true. Yah, most of us older males would like to be 30 again with an athletic phsyique, full head of thick hair, nicely tanned body, a full set of shiny white teeth and strong rugged looks. Unfortunately, most of us didn't even start out that way and we have to do the best with what we can. Now, just because some cocky young dipshit thinks everyone over the age of 40 is only fit for the old age rest home just shows his ignorance.

to true , I like kids , I grew up with them,

Certainly in Thailand, traditionally anyway, a man would only shave his head when entering monkhood or when an elder male relative had died. So I guess it's a bit odd and perhaps scary to some. It might also be associated with advanced age.

As to attraction, well it's sexy to some not to others I reckon, certainly I think it benefited me for sure, but still retain some buzz at the sides and back.Some wear boldness better than others I suppose. Some women actively seek bold men remember as they find them irresistable.

Maybe your friend feels insecure, you can make people smile or scowl at you. Generally if you look relaxed and smile, the chances are people will like you.

:)

We'd all rather not lose our looks, get fat, get ill, go grey, get yellowed teeth, etc. I figure all else being equal most of us will get at least one or 2 out of the ageing list and actually, the hair loss card is not a bad one to get IMHO. Clearly we must make exceptions for Peter Pans like Heng who would appear to be perfect in every way.

Never fancied a baldie but one question I've always pondered is "Why are naturally bald men usually really hairy over the rest of their body?"

My sister always had a thing for baldies. Her ex husband waS totally bald at 24 but had pube like hairs covEring the rest of him (yuk.ick.nast.) she used to clip his back & shoulders, like a dog. :) he was seriously hairy everywhere except his head, when they divorced she was with another baldy, this time 16 years older than her with no money (hows that huh?) but he was less hairy but did have a hairy back but he waxed it.

She has now moved on to a 15 year young guy with a full head of hair & not a hairy back in sight & says she has less issues over hairs left in the shower :D

The thing is most women just want the basic presentability. Not a head full of thick hair, tanned body, etc.. Are you kidding? They just want a personality that doesn't start with a capital d and with a G. In Thailand and with the expat population that's like mining for gold.

Exactly,

When the comb over no longer works, or they look like Charlie Brown most probably just say what's the use.

If they were also gray maybe they would feel younger with it gone.

Hair has allows been tied to masculinity, virility and youth,

and we know what happened to Samson when his hair was cut, :)

Exactly,

When the comb over no longer works, or they look like Charlie Brown most probably just say what's the use.

If they were also gray maybe they would feel younger with it gone.

Hair has allows been tied to masculinity, virility and youth,

and we know what happened to Samson when his hair was cut, :)

Whoa..really? What's wrong with the charlie brown look? Charlie Brown was anti-communist. Then again most asian authoritarianism bends towards the long haired hippie nazism. Am I right?

I'll stick with my comb over for now. :)

Actually was in the Mid East for the past few weeks. Went totally local, buzz cut my head and reduced my shaving frequency to 2x a week and thats to "maintain" the stubble.

The missus actually likes my cut but says i look older and have an oddly shped head. I have threatened to put her in a burqa!!

..not sure if this is urban myth.. but they say that bald or balding men have more testosterone, therefore they are "hornier"..if this is true, perhaps men with bald heads think Thai women will desire them more

my loooo

I'll stick with my comb over for now. :)

Actually was in the Mid East for the past few weeks. Went totally local, buzz cut my head and reduced my shaving frequency to 2x a week and thats to "maintain" the stubble.

The missus actually likes my cut but says i look older and have an oddly shped head. I have threatened to put her in a burqa!!

You're 100% RIGHT! The bald strang shape exudes confidence like greece. They kin karate kik the ubermenschen through the front doors. Steven Seagal rox!

..not sure if this is urban myth.. but they say that bald or balding men have more testosterone, therefore they are "hornier"..if this is true, perhaps men with bald heads think Thai women will desire them more

my loooo

Never fancied a baldie but one question I've always pondered is "Why are naturally bald men usually really hairy over the rest of their body?"

My sister always had a thing for baldies. Her ex husband waS totally bald at 24 but had pube like hairs covEring the rest of him (yuk.ick.nast.) she used to clip his back & shoulders, like a dog. :D he was seriously hairy everywhere except his head, when they divorced she was with another baldy, this time 16 years older than her with no money (hows that huh?) but he was less hairy but did have a hairy back but he waxed it.

She has now moved on to a 15 year young guy with a full head of hair & not a hairy back in sight & says she has less issues over hairs left in the shower :D

You touched a REAL point there, Boo. I also noticed that once the hair on my head started to recede that my body hair increased. I don't have a lot of body hair, but I certainly have more than when I was a young man. And, the REAL downer is the increase of hair in places you don't WANT it to grow... like in your nose, ON your nose and ON your ears fer chris sake! My eyebrows grew thick and long, and my beard is much thicker. Many young guys can't even grow a beard... until their hair starts to recede. THERE JUST AIN'T ANY JUSTICE! :)

It is similar to people's increase in body fat as we age. Then, when you go on a diet you lose the excess fat from everywhere EXCEPT where you wanted to lose it. We lose if off our face and chest and it continues to stay on the waist and thighs. The poor women lose if off their face and boobs (where they wanted to keep it), but their butt stays the same. Just ain't fair I say! :D

Ha ha...you make a very good point there Boo :)

I call it the "hair slide".......it just gradually slid down :D

I don't mind being bald, and looking like Andrew Briggs if I have to.....but I would not couple my baldness with tatoos, thats tacky IMHO

Last time I saw our great leader George I am sure he was a baldie :D

Are you agreeing with me and insulting me at the same time, Ian?