Abc Asia Program About No Freedom In Thai Press

silk123

Just saw a good program where the assoc editor for the Nation newpaper with others were talking about being muscled by taksins and his government into not writing honest items about their corrupt activities.

It was easy to see how he had to be very careful about everything he said and not say anything that might upset the pm and cronies.

A bit sad that the jounalists are so afraid of them but understandable.

They were also on about any honest radio media being made shut up and closed down.

Also about the media being very dependent on advertising from the PM's communication companies and other companies related to the current PM.

I just cut up my AIS sim card after saving my numbers to the phone and will buy probably orange as it costs a third of what the PMs company AIS sim card call charges are.

I'm sorry I got a AIS sim in the first place.

Also I will never again buy the weak bangkok post newspaper and just stick with the Nation.

1 person doesn't make a differnce but at least I won't be supporting it.

Wasn't the editor of the Bangkok Post forced to step down last year because he'd said or allowed some comments that were critical of the PM or his government? So, does that leave the Post as the more open paper?

And which paper pays openly xenophobic columnists for their farang-bashing remarks?

2bangkok.com often runs a "tale of two papers" pieces when the Post and the Nation cover the same story. It's amazing how timid and inaccurate the Post is and how much more accurate and honest the Nation is. Certainly both could be improved, but the Nation is so much better overall, it's not any type of real competition.