Thai Protesters To Rally Until Deputy PM Suthep Surrenders

webfact

Latest is the Red leadership will turn themselves in today.. So that'd be good news, if true.

I'm not holding my breath though.. I'm waiting for a last minute "Suthep should turn himself into the Calypso Cabaret and give a credible stage performance".

:) yep, this is just another return volley in this pathetic ping-pong game.

<snip>

"TAN Network: Red shirt lawyers deny that leaders will be turning themselves in today; demand Suthep report to Crime Suppression Police"

Nice return, it was a hard one right at the corner. Next.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the April 10 discussion is off topic? This topic is about Dep. PM Suthep, and on ending the protest.

On the botched April 10 massacre though, whoever came to help the red shirts probably prevented mass slaughter, causing the government forces to retreat. This ultimately led to Abhisit's excellent roadmap, which I dearly hope the Red Shirts accept without too much sillyness over details.

Yes ... ofcourse, the army that were standing there with shields and batons were going to bring out the live ammunition with out any provocation from the reds ... right. :)

Abhisit talked about the points in his road map during the negotiations with the red leaders before April 10. If the red leaders had continued those negotiations, no one would have needed to die, and the reds would have the same things that they have been offered now. :D

Edited by whybother

I see the breaking news is hotting up today..

THE NATION: redshirt leaders will have a meeting at 3pm today- same place in that container

What's next, red shirt leaders order sticky rice and pork for lunch?

Anyways regarding their proposed meeting in the metal container, visions of W. Holden in that metal box in Bridge over the River Kwai.

What right do the Reds have to make any demands at this time? That's the big question.

Why do Abhisit and Suthep keep playing the game? :)

To, if possible, limit the violence.

This was Thaksins tactic to begin with; create scenes of horrible violence,

to turn the average Thai person completely away from the Dems and their partners

and into the arms of PTP, where they can then write whatever laws suit their purposes

and be in the catbird seat of power when the 'succession' comes,

and thus be able, in theory, to re-write the rules their way into the future.

No horrible scenes of ARMY caused violence to spin, no government demonized,

no quick exit and army list and 2011 budget|falls into PTP/ Thaksin's hands

to apportion patronage, and solidify power and control of the military...

Megalomania has a family name in the local context...

We see the amazing spin saying that the armed shooters on the red sider STOPPED a slaughter.

It seems shame of posting utter falacy has no place whatsoever in this propaganda war.

Edited by animatic

I think the April 10 discussion is off topic? This topic is about Dep. PM Suthep, and on ending the protest.

On the botched April 10 massacre though, whoever came to help the red shirts probably prevented mass slaughter, causing the government forces to retreat. This ultimately led to Abhisit's excellent roadmap, which I dearly hope the Red Shirts accept without too much sillyness over details.

".........whoever came to help the red shirts probably prevented mass slaughter.........."

That would have to take the cake as the most asinine comment of the day! Around 5000 soldiers available, equipped with M-16s, intent on mass slaughter, and they manage to kill 21. With a skinful of Chang and an M-16 with a standard 30 round mag, and a crowd full of "peaceful protesters," I could kill 21 and have a few shots left over.

How many times does it have to be pointed out that the army were in riot control/crowd dispersal mode - most armed with shields and batons, a few with rifles in case things got rough. Whoever came to help the reds also made sure which way the body count went. Help like that I can do without!

Edited by OzMick

THE NATION: redshirt leaders will have a meeting at 3pm today- same place in that container

Anyways regarding their proposed meeting in the metal container, visions of W. Holden in that metal box in Bridge over the River Kwai.

Twas Alec Guinness (Colonel Nicholson), but I get your point. :)

A comentator on Thai Tele last night said that the reds now need more blood of their own people, preferably old ladies and children, to justify their occupation and to be able to tell their supporters back home of the murder the Govt has committed.

If this is true I dont think they will get it from the Govt but the reds have people with them who I doubt would hesitate to kill if they thought it would help their cause.

Hope this dosent happen.

OK, military knowlegeable people, what can destroy a container in one hit with little collatoral damage?

Winnie thinks the Thai Army are a bunch of homicidal maniacs, yet the reds are happy to announce exactly where and when they will hold their next conference. Obviously they don't think that they will be attacked.

How many thais would lose any sleep if that container mysteriously exploded at 15:15. :):D:D:D

Yes ... ofcourse, the army that were standing there with shields and batons were going to bring out the live ammunition with out any provocation from the reds ... right. :)

I think it's important that a thorough and independent investigation takes place. The Reds really want this to take place as well.

It'd have to be a little more independent than having Dr. Death come over.. A team of people with some more credibility and who are really independent.

OK, military knowlegeable people, what can destroy a container in one hit with little collatoral damage?

Already done this once, but what the hel_l. Shaped charge anti-tank round is the perfect thing. Round is exploded, usually by a nose probe, so that it will be flush against the surface, and the shaping concentrates the explosion into a small (25mm or so in armour plating) area. Not much to cause collateral damage, but the metal from the wall is blasted into the tank/container, makes a mess of the occupants. They reckon a tank can still be used after you hose the gunk out.

Aussie army (used to ?) use a swedish Karl Gustav rocket propelled, similar to a bazooka. The only real problem is hitting it reasonably square on so that the round doesn't slide off.

Edited by OzMick

The latest on the daily updates thread has a quote that 24 Red leaders will turn themselves in tomorrow. If I was a gambling man, I could get some easy money with a bet that they will still be taking turns on stage on Thursday.

....what are the odds?

I see OzMick is advocating violence once again. :)

A rhetorical question is NOT advocating violence, assuming that is the post to which you refer. If you think that I am advocating violence, use the Report button and let the moderators decide. :D

Twas Alec Guinness (Colonel Nicholson), but I get your point. :)

Ah yes, Colonel Nicholson. Great movie. Sadly the only kind of movie that will get made out of this current mess in the future will be something like "The Thin Red Mind".

I think they should box up that container that the 24 red leaders are in. Ship it to Samut Sakhon, and then use one of those cranes to drop it on a waiting ship, and ship em off to Montenegro - so they can be with their master.

Edited by SomTumTiger

I see OzMick is advocating violence once again. :)

A rhetorical question is NOT advocating violence, assuming that is the post to which you refer. If you think that I am advocating violence, use the Report button and let the moderators decide. :D

That'd be childish, and further impede whatever free speech is left.. I'm not arguing against having your post up there, but do highlight that suggesting violence (even veiled into a rhetorical question) is still suggesting violence.

"I wonder why they don't shove a grenade up Thaksin's bunghole pull the pin, or would that be too quick?" --That kind of rhetorical question? :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai