Job Or Study For The Mrs

Zstarx

Our youngest will be going to school soon, I'm trying to think of something that would keep my wife busy for two or three days a week. What do others do to keep their wife from just sitting at home watching tv all day? Thanks for any ideas

Yes, she doesn't know, I'm just looking for a few ideas to give her some choices

Ok, that makes sense. Do you have any idea if she wants to find something to do? I only ask because she needs to be excited about whatever she's doing, whether it's work/study/volunteer/hobby, or it's probably not going to work out. Is she bored at home, or is it you who wants her to do something other than watch tv? Does she have any skills or talents?

Yes, she doesn't know, I'm just looking for a few ideas to give her some choices

Ok, that makes sense. Do you have any idea if she wants to find something to do? I only ask because she needs to be excited about whatever she's doing, whether it's work/study/volunteer/hobby, or it's probably not going to work out. Is she bored at home, or is it you who wants her to do something other than watch tv? Does she have any skills or talents?

Yes she definately wants to find something to do. So she says anyway :) . I'm not really worried if she just takes it easy around the house and looks after the children. but it's really coming from her. She's going to see AXA and possibly look at selling insurance, although a friend of hers sells insurance and apparently it's a bit of a pain.

you could refer her to the christian foundation the Fountain of Life off the Naklua road

they have lots of new skills courses to offer, at very low cost and they do not throw religion down your throat

my wife has been a student there and now helps out occasionally.

she has made loads of new friends over the years

Edited by timekeeper

Is your wife Thai or farang? If the latter, from what country does she hail? Might make a difference in recommendations and/or what she legally can do (work permits and such).

Is your wife Thai or farang? If the latter, from what country does she hail? Might make a difference in recommendations and/or what she legally can do (work permits and such).

..." just sitting at home watching tv all day?.."

probably Thai national.... :)

Yes she definately wants to find something to do. So she says anyway :) . I'm not really worried if she just takes it easy around the house and looks after the children. but it's really coming from her. She's going to see AXA and possibly look at selling insurance, although a friend of hers sells insurance and apparently it's a bit of a pain.

If she is raising children, she should be plenty busy at home.

Along with regular house-work, i can find plenty of odd jobs around the house to keep the mrs busy...

only last month she painted the entire house... actually done a pretty good job conidering she had to use a step ladder to do most of it due to her height..

I recently trained her up on using a small electric hand drill and she has put up loads of pictures, hooks and holders around the place :)

Along with regular house-work, i can find plenty of odd jobs around the house to keep the mrs busy...

only last month she painted the entire house... actually done a pretty good job conidering she had to use a step ladder to do most of it due to her height..

I recently trained her up on using a small electric hand drill and she has put up loads of pictures, hooks and holders around the place :)

wasnt there a film called " driller killer " a few years ago--------!!

Did you ask her what she might like to do? :)

If you don't need some extra money, let her make a Computer course, there's so many cheap courses. That might give her an idea what she'd like to do. Hope you'll find something. Good luck.

My wife is Thai, she is looking for something to do when the children are at school.

Thanks Timekeeper, I'll suggest that to my wife.

Why don't you try to find a part time job for her at any school, like Anuban. For example being a teachers' assistant. This could also help her to appreciate to make her own money. Just an idea....

My misses started college for one day a week, Now she will be starting full time in September, she has got the learning bug, I say good luck to her if that's what she wants to do, My wife is 36 and we live in the UK.She could not speak a word of English before I met her.I find that she is willing to learn and learns very quickly.She got bored just staying at home that's why she went to college.