Vitamins In Chiang Mai Need A Multi B Vitamin

sk1max

Anybody know where I can get a good deal on vitamin B, multi B1 B2 B12 etc. I have type 2 diabetes and have been told to start taking it. I went to the local chemist and they wanted 390 bht for 40! Any help appreciated.

Vitamin B makers/sellers have huge rip-offs. I have been taking Squibb (huge USA pharma) vitamin B complex, cost 110 baht for 100 tabs (yesterday at Tesco). Available in most pharmacies (Boots, etc). Bright orange label, square white bottle in white box.

Vitamin B makers/sellers have huge rip-offs. I have been taking Squibb (huge USA pharma) vitamin B complex, cost 110 baht for 100 tabs (yesterday at Tesco). Available in most pharmacies (Boots, etc). Bright orange label, square white bottle in white box.

Than you sir, very much.

Sawasdee Khun SK1Max,

There is an "advanced" form of vitamin B-12 which seems to be metabolized in such a way that people with peripheral neuropathy (loss of sensation in hands, arms, legs, feet), which many diabetics have, are reported to be helped by. First recommended to my human following surgery for broken leg repair.

My human form is not diabetic, but takes Mecobalamin because we sit for long periods of time at the computer, and we think it does improve said human's peripheral circulation (could be just a fantasy on our part).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylcobalamin

It's available here in several generic forms, and it's not expensive. Suggest you talk to the excellent pharmacist in the Green Pharma on the lower (ground) floor of Kad Suan Kaew, and/or your doctor.

Beware of medical advice on public internet forums :)

best, ~o:37;

I guess your doctor suggested that you should take neurobion for diabetic neuropathy(DN).

Neurobion is a combination of B1 100 mg B2 200 mg and B12 200 micrograms, it is common used for DN and other type of neuritis.

The price is high due to manufactured under license of international company ( Merck).

However there a few generic drugs, which have similar combination of 3Bs such as Neubee forte ( B1 100, B6 100, B12 250) Beromin forte ( B1 100 B6 200 B12 200).

For B complex by squibb, it is used for vitamin B deficiency, is not effective for your condition.

Here the active ingradients of Squibb vitamin B complex.

1. Vitamin B12 ( Cyanocobalamin ) : 2 mcg

2. Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) : 2 mg

3. Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : 2 mg

4. Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCl) : 2 mg

5. Yeast : 100 mg

6. Calcium pantothenate : 5 mg

7. Nicotinamide (Niacinamide) : 15 mg

Good luck.

Edited by PMNL