Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

veen_NT: Surachai, leader of Daeng Siam,said Thaksin wud b the key of the end of rally. "What has bn going on is not the fight but negotiation." #NNA

Fri May 14 2010 14:44:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

nah, he most likley will join Seh Daeng here or elsewhere. Balkan people are upset about this crook now. :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately it looks like there is "no way out" for Thailand of this political crisis. Either way it will be the yellow or the red shirts taking to the streets, no matter who wins.

it will be over soon, not longer than 2 days from now.

I'm sure the protesters can be dispersed from Rajprasong, but I doubt they will give up. It will simply continue in another part of the city.

I guess it's like with cleaning up anything; you can only clean something up by making something else dirty.

It's a bit puzzling though, it doesn't seem at all like a full assault, and the promised APCs are nowhere to be seen. (Or at least not taking part in cleaning up barricades, etc.) Extended Cowboys & Indians skirmishes it seems. Possibly the main event is at night, with the army just not wanting to go at it during the day, with all the people still around, the BTS running, etc.

A country out of control

A government out of control

All because of an illegal coup in 2006.

Shame on them all, the PAD in 2006, the Army in 2006 and shame on all those who perpetuated the ills of that coup ever since to this day.

What a BS post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A country out of control

Shame on them all, the PAD in 2006, the Army in 2006 and shame on all those who perpetuated the ills of that coup ever since to this day.

Ahh, the beer cloud is lifting over Levelhead towers........ here we go again, more claptrap!

NZ embassy closed as Thai violence intensifies

New Zealand Herald

Updated 6:41 PM Friday May 14, 2010

The New Zealand embassy in Bangkok has been closed temporarily as the security situation in Thailand deteriorates.

In an announcement around 5pm today (New Zealand Time), the Government announced it had closed the embassy and will review the situation on Monday.

In a brief statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade said protests and more security forces pouring into central Bangkok had forced the closure.

It advised New Zealanders not to go to Thailand for anything except non-essential travel.

"New Zealanders currently in Thailand are strongly advised to avoid all protests and rallies and any areas of military or security force activity, comply with any restrictions and instructions issued by the local authorities, monitor events closely and remain vigilant as the security situation could change quickly."

New Zealanders in Bangkok were warned to stay clear of the central city.

NZ ambassador to Thailand, Bede Corry, said he was strongly warning New Zealanders to be careful about visiting Bangkok.

He told reporters that violent skirmishes had broken out around the Red Shirts camp in central Bangkok last night and continued today.

"Unfortunately skirmishes continued into Friday making central Bangkok a dangerous place to be," he said.

The warning comes after anti-government protesters set fire to a police bus down the street from Japanese and US embassies in central Bangkok after troops fired tear gas today in a burst of new violence after nightlong clashes left one person dead.

The fighting, which so far has claimed 30 lives and injured hundreds since anti-government Red Shirt protesters began camping in the capital on March 12, plunged Thailand deeper into political uncertainty, with both sides hardening their positions.

An Associated Press photographer saw protesters torching the bus near a downtown police station and retreating when a fire engine arrived to douse the flames.

The area is near a subway station that has been closed since Thursday, and close to the American and Japanese embassies, which were closed because of the unrest.

The British and the Dutch embassy, which are in the vicinity, also were closed.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....981&ref=rss

BREAKING NEWS (for me anyway)! !!

I was standing near the somtam & fruit vendors in front of my apartment gate on Soi 12 about 50 meters down from Sukhumvit Road. I was just bullshitting with the thais about what's going on, watching the helicopters fly over, and what not.

All of a sudden there was a sound like you slapped the palm of your hand onto one of those plastic tables they use. A guy sitting about 3 feet away from where I was standing jerked a little, put his hand to his side and when he pulled it away a 5.62mm

<snip>

Amazing. Truly amazing. I would never have had for forethought to carry a micrometer around with me.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Thaksin condemns shooting of Maj Gen Khattiya

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra said in his twitter that he telephoned daughter of Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol who has been in a coma after being shot at the head reportedly by a sniper on Thursday night.

Thaksin said in @Thaksinlive about five hours ago that he gave moral support to Khattiya, daughter of Maj Gen Khattiya, who has been treated at Vachira Hospital.

"From the conversation with Maj Gen Khattiya's daughter, she appeared to be a strong and tough woman, like my father," Thaksin said.

Thaksin condemned the shooting and implied that it could possibly the work of the government who he said used the government's roadmap as a pretext to conduct violence.

He also condemned the clashes between the troops and the protesters last night which resulted in death and injuries.

Khattiya, who only hours earlier had threatened to take over the red movement from moderate leaders, was shot by a sniper shortly after giving an interview to a small group of local and foreign reporters.

He was rushed to the Hua Chiew Hospital but news reports said he was moved Vajira Hospital. His daughter confirmed with reporters that Khattiya was in a coma.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Thaksin is home sick, he wanna join Seh Daeng

RT @jin_nation: RT@oak_ptt (Thaksin's son):My photograher fr Voice TV has been shot.

2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

sunny boy whining :)

"his" photographer? where is oak? far from danger, no doubt, on a sundeck in mongenegro with a boytoy and some a coke?

tulsathit: Thaksin has issued a statement calling for ceasefire and talks to create reconciliation roadmap (via @ktnews)

Fri May 14 2010 15:00:57 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

tukky_nt: Thaksin's latest statemaent via Noppadon.1Govt must end the crackdown.2 revoke the state of emergency declaration.(cont)

Fri May 14 2010 15:00:48 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

It seems as if this crook has twitter as his only option.

Thaksin come here and don't be a coward, will you?

In order to get the protest dispersed it seems like you would either need to arrest most of them or maim them. Otherwise they'll just pop back up and cause more trouble. My vote is for arresting them, but the police haven't shown the ability to do that yet.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra said in his twitter that he telephoned daughter of Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol who has been in a coma after being shot at the head reportedly by a sniper on Thursday night.

Thaksin said in @Thaksinlive about five hours ago that he gave moral support to Khattiya, daughter of Maj Gen Khattiya, who has been treated at Vachira Hospital.

"From the conversation with Maj Gen Khattiya's daughter, she appeared to be a strong and tough woman, like my father," Thaksin said.

Thaksin condemned the shooting and implied that it could possibly the work of the government who he said used the government's roadmap as a pretext to conduct violence.

He also condemned the clashes between the troops and the protesters last night which resulted in death and injuries.

Khattiya, who only hours earlier had threatened to take over the red movement from moderate leaders, was shot by a sniper shortly after giving an interview to a small group of local and foreign reporters.

He was rushed to the Hua Chiew Hospital but news reports said he was moved Vajira Hospital. His daughter confirmed with reporters that Khattiya was in a coma.

Isn't the daughter a Yellow Shirt

Situation at Wireless Road intense

BANGKOK, 14 May 2010 (NNT) – The situation at Wireless Road is intense upon confrontation between protestors of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) and security officers while a bus and car tires have been burnt around the area.

A bus used to transport police officers into the area was seized and burned down by UDD protestors in the area on Friday at about 12.35 hrs. The bus was reported to be severely damaged and could not be used again while officials tried their best to control the fire.

UDD protestors then burned car tires in front of Lumpini Park near a PTT petrol station at about 13.00 hrs to pressure security officers not to move into the area.

The demonstrators were reported to fueling the car tires to keep them burning.

Earlier, at 12.15 hrs, troops started firing tear gas against UDD protestors in a bid to regain Wireless Road, an area occupied by the UDD since Thursday night as they tried to surround security officers in Suan Lumpini Night Bazaar. Black smoke can be seen from the Lumpini Park fence as well.

Troops at 12.00 hrs were also reported to block traffic on Sathorn Road heading to Rama IV Road as they moved into Wireless Road. Gunshots could be heard along the way. Soldiers pointed their guns to high buildings while people panicked and fled chaotically from the scene.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255305140043

BREAKING NEWS (for me anyway)! !!

I was standing near the somtam & fruit vendors in front of my apartment gate on Soi 12 about 50 meters down from Sukhumvit Road. I was just bullshitting with the thais about what's going on, watching the helicopters fly over, and what not.

All of a sudden there was a sound like you slapped the palm of your hand onto one of those plastic tables they use. A guy sitting about 3 feet away from where I was standing jerked a little, put his hand to his side and when he pulled it away a 5.62mm

<snip>

Amazing. Truly amazing. I would never have had for forethought to carry a micrometer around with me.

it isn't difficult distinguishing between 5.62 and 7.62 and .45 and 9mm and .38 etc etc ... well sometimes have to look closely to distinguish between 9mm and .38. The poster only joined TV today which raised some doubts in my mind, but again this isn't the usual propaganda type post of those who are here today and gone tomorrow ... so I tend to believe this story.

In order to get the protest dispersed it seems like you would either need to arrest most of them or maim them. Otherwise they'll just pop back up and cause more trouble. My vote is for arresting them, but the police haven't shown the ability to do that yet.

agreed, they should set up the national stadium as a holding place. The leaders either neutralized or taken to unknown places for a couple of days.

Thailand arrest rule : Arrest and followed by bail the very next day. if no bail then they will crash the police station and free them out.

Same same but different

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Thaksin condemned the shooting of his right hand man? Shocking. Quick buy him a football club or an island to cheer him up.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

It doesn't really matter at this time, does it? She's there, watching her father die. No matter what any of us, or anyone in the world, thinks at this time; it's a daughter doing a death-bed vigil. I'm sad for her, as for any family who has lost a loved one due to this violence. Red, Yellow, Democrat - they are still humans, and I mourn their loss.

A country out of control

A country out of control

A mob out of control

All because This are not taught how Politics work.

Shame on them all red shirts for using the Issan people for your own gain, and shame on all those who back the red shirts on TV ever since to this day.

"The statement, issued via noppadol, called for immediate end to crackdown and scrapping of SOE."

Um rioting in the streets, running gun battles, fires, complete bedlam and they want the state of emergency lifted? Maybe he's right let's go to full martial law. How can they be so out of touch with reality.

RT @jin_nation: RT@oak_ptt (Thaksin's son):My photograher fr Voice TV has been shot.

2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

sunny boy whining :)

"his" photographer? where is oak? far from danger, no doubt, on a sundeck in mongenegro with a boytoy and some a coke?

Last word was that he was in Hong Kong, where he's likely staying at his baby sister's 874,530,000 Baht house

1348311dec1hl1.jpg

Ousted Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra shelled out close to US$27 million this month for a townhouse in Hong Kong's most prestigious neighbourhood, setting an Asian record, a Hong Kong newspaper said on Wednesday.

The exiled politician paid about HK$210 million (13.7 million pounds) -- HK$41,000 per square foot -- for a 5,100 sq ft (474 sq m) house on the Peak, the highest ever unit price in the region's luxury real estate arena.

Reuters - June 13, 2007

Edited by indemnity

A country out of control

Well its hard to say that the governement is in control , let alone the country .

For the rest , up to anyone to have his/her own opinion

tulsathit: Thaksin has issued a statement calling for ceasefire and talks to create reconciliation roadmap (via @ktnews)

tukky_nt: Thaksin's latest statemaent via Noppadon.1Govt must end the crackdown.2 revoke the state of emergency declaration.(cont)

Too bad Seh Daeng already spilled the beans about how much Thugsin really wants a reconciliation. And no those aren't fake reds setting things ablaze, and no, you're not getting your money back.

Why did Thaskin not ask his followers to stop fighting

he wants no one else to get hurt

go home and we will fight you cause in Parliament

Can any one think of an answer ????