Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

A country out of control

A government out of control

All because of an illegal coup in 2006.

Shame on them all, the PAD in 2006, the Army in 2006 and shame on all those who perpetuated the ills of that coup ever since to this day.

And a Thai Visa poster out of control?

Shame on you and your fellow terrorist sympathisers for ignoring the many times that you have been told that it all started with Thaksin trying to set himself up as a dictator by buying votes, killing his rivals in his "war on drugs", stealing money from the taxpayer and changing laws to suit himself. Shame, shame, shame.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Thaksin condemns shooting of Maj Gen Khattiya

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra said in his twitter that he telephoned daughter of Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol who has been in a coma after being shot at the head reportedly by a sniper on Thursday night.

Thaksin said in @Thaksinlive about five hours ago that he gave moral support to Khattiya, daughter of Maj Gen Khattiya, who has been treated at Vachira Hospital.

"From the conversation with Maj Gen Khattiya's daughter, she appeared to be a strong and tough woman, like my father," Thaksin said.

Thaksin condemned the shooting and implied that it could possibly the work of the government who he said used the government's roadmap as a pretext to conduct violence.

He also condemned the clashes between the troops and the protesters last night which resulted in death and injuries.

Khattiya, who only hours earlier had threatened to take over the red movement from moderate leaders, was shot by a sniper shortly after giving an interview to a small group of local and foreign reporters.

He was rushed to the Hua Chiew Hospital but news reports said he was moved Vajira Hospital. His daughter confirmed with reporters that Khattiya was in a coma.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Thaksin is home sick, he wanna join Seh Daeng

Isn't the daughter a Yellow Shirt

It doesn't really matter at this time, does it? She's there, watching her father die. No matter what any of us, or anyone in the world, thinks at this time; it's a daughter doing a death-bed vigil. I'm sad for her, as for any family who has lost a loved one due to this violence. Red, Yellow, Democrat - they are still humans, and I mourn their loss.

I say good riddance to another terrorist and believe many lives have been saved with his being taken out of action, Too bad he didn't turn himself in as it would have possibly been another way to control his bombing campaigns,

As for the daughter, point was I doubt she appreciated Thaksin's call seeing how he instigated her fanatical father whom she doesn't seem all that upset about. She seems like both a smart and strong gal who clearly knew this was the likely outcome for her lunatic father.

But I do feel bad for her in terms of having to be the daughter of such a terrible and inhumane person who has caused so much suffering to the people of Thailand.

Edited by jcbangkok

tulsathit: Thaksin has issued a statement calling for ceasefire and talks to create reconciliation roadmap (via @ktnews)

Fri May 14 2010 15:00:57 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

tukky_nt: Thaksin's latest statemaent via Noppadon.1Govt must end the crackdown.2 revoke the state of emergency declaration.(cont)

Fri May 14 2010 15:00:48 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

It seems as if this crook has twitter as his only option.

Thaksin come here and don't be a coward, will you?

Why did Thaskin not ask his followers to stop fighting

he wants no one else to get hurt

go home and we will fight you cause in Parliament

Can any one think of an answer ????

For some reason, Thaksin and most of the red shirts think that the army and police should back down, the government should drop the SOE and THEN the protesters will stop their illegal and violent occupation of Ratchaprasong.

THE NATION: Thaksin's proposal 1) stp military-police operation 2) lift SOE 3) open talks w/ redshirts 4) reconciliation w/ all parties involved #NNA

Don't they understand why the SOE and army are there?

If they all went home peacefully, which everyone has been asking them to do for weeks, then the army wouldn't be needed and the SOE wouldn't be needed.

Unfortunately it looks like there is "no way out" for Thailand of this political crisis. Either way it will be the yellow or the red shirts taking to the streets, no matter who wins.

it will be over soon, not longer than 2 days from now.

This comment is so ignorant. Half of the country is red shirt. 2 Days?

firetruck.jpg

Anti-government demonstrators vandalize a fire truck Friday, May 14, 2010, near Lumpini Park in downtown Bangkok, Thailand. The Thai government continues to move against the 'Red Shirt' demonstrators who have occupied sections of Bangkok for more than two months shutting down hotels and key sections of the tourism industry.

Unfortunately it looks like there is "no way out" for Thailand of this political crisis. Either way it will be the yellow or the red shirts taking to the streets, no matter who wins.

Yes, but only a few thousand of them are violent thugs.

Half the country is NOT red shirt and the vast majority of those who support claimed causes of the red shirt are not taking to the streets in illegal and violent fashion as they are in the commercial district of BKK.

tireburn.jpg

A tire burns as Thai soldiers clash with anti-government protesters at Bangkok's financial district May 14, 2010. The Thai army fired rubber bullets into Lumphini Park in central Bangkok on Friday after gunshots were heard near an encampment that anti-government protesters have occupied the past five weeks.

BREAKING NEWS (for me anyway)! !!<SNIP>

Amazing. Truly amazing. I would never have had for forethought to carry a micrometer around with me.

Your facetious condescending reply :) at least deserves a correction on my part. ..

You are right, I had no micrometer :D and I got the caliber wrong).

I guessed it as a .223 caliber round as I'm familiar with it (which is 5.56mm, but which I erroneously reported as a 5.62mm).

In all likelihood it was a 5.56X45mm fired by those TAR-21's or the M-16's the soldiers have, and not as I erroneously reported a 5.62mm.

I stand humbly erected, and will get my calibers straight BEFORE posting. :D:D

STILL FWIW, an interesting close call with the protests.

firetruck.jpg

Anti-government demonstrators vandalize a fire truck Friday, May 14, 2010, near Lumpini Park in downtown Bangkok, Thailand. The Thai government continues to move against the 'Red Shirt' demonstrators who have occupied sections of Bangkok for more than two months shutting down hotels and key sections of the tourism industry.

How about when they start their next fire let it get out of control and many of them burn to death

Government can say

Sorruy our fire truck no longer works

firetruck.jpg

How about when they start their next fire let it get out of control and many of them burn to death

Government can say

Sorruy our fire truck no longer works

Peaceful protesters

Sporadic shooting in Rajaprarop. Teargas fired.

Gunfire Heard on Ratchaprarop Road, Protesters Fall Back

UPDATE : 14 May 2010

Conflicts continue to escalate between soldiers and red-shirt protesters at Ratchaprarop intersection with the sound of gunfire heard periodically.

Soldiers and protesters have taken cover in nearby buildings.

A number of red-shirt protesters have fallen back from Ratchaprarop intersection, running towards Pathunam and further down Ratchaprarop Road.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029197

:) Thaksin wants negotiation now, why would that be? I thought it were him and his thugs that refused to negotiate. Or is it because there's no more military person providing strategies and fighting Technics?

Thaksin, you still think that you're such a smart arse. Time of negotiation is over, no space for you to come into the picture either. You're a criminal and alleged war criminal as well as an alleged terrorist.

In order to get the protest dispersed it seems like you would either need to arrest most of them or maim them. Otherwise they'll just pop back up and cause more trouble. My vote is for arresting them, but the police haven't shown the ability to do that yet.

agreed, they should set up the national stadium as a holding place. The leaders either neutralized or taken to unknown places for a couple of days.

Oh, no, good intention, but I cannot forget Pinochet.

The injured foreign journalist's name is Nelson Rand. He's Canadian and has been living in Bangkok for a number of years working for France 24 and working on a book. He's a very decent person who I know through a friend at work. Hopefully he's not too badly hurt.

Foreign Journalist Shot In Thailand Trouble

SkyNews - 39 mins ago

A foreign journalist has been shot during protests between troops and anti-government protesters in Thailand, according to Reuters News Agency.

The journalist, who works with the France 24 television channel was shot in the leg and has been taken to hospital.

It follows a night of violence in Bangkok after Red Shirts set fire to a bus and troops fired tear gas as they advanced on dozens of protesters.

The Red Shirts had gathered outside the Suan Lum market to stop soldiers from moving towards their main camp in central Bangkok.

There have also been reports of gunfire between the two sides.

Army spokesman Sunsern Kaewkumnerd said there were about 2,000 Red Shirts and they had "intimidated authorities with weapons" so an order was given Friday morning to disperse them.

Around the wider protest area soldiers have blocked roads and set up checkpoints to seal off the area.

On Thursday evening renegade army Major General Khattiya Sawasdiphol was shot in the head and is in a critical condition in hospital.

He has been accused of creating the Red Shirt anti-government force in Thailand.

The British Embassy in Bangkok has closed and the Foreign Office is warning British nationals against travelling there unless the trip is vital.

:) Thaksin wants negotiation now, why would that be? I thought it were him and his thugs that refused to negotiate. Or is it because there's no more military person providing strategies and fighting Technics?

Thaksin, you still think that you're such a smart arse. Time of negotiation is over, no space for you to come into the picture either. You're a criminal and alleged war criminal as well as an alleged terrorist.

Indeed. It is so dam_n clear who is in charge. Thaksin got no cards left. The illegal occupation is done.

Looks like Thaksin can't go "come back" to Thailand anymore because he just lost his chance to win a golden ticket

Edited by thepodest

In order to get the protest dispersed it seems like you would either need to arrest most of them or maim them. Otherwise they'll just pop back up and cause more trouble. My vote is for arresting them, but the police haven't shown the ability to do that yet.

agreed, they should set up the national stadium as a holding place. The leaders either neutralized or taken to unknown places for a couple of days.

So this is instead of democracy? sound to me like it is the south america under right wing generals you wish to have here.

Thaksin getting more press now and call for talks. At last, somebody who can end this crisis!

firetruck.jpg

Looks like time for another sweetheart fire truck payola scandal at city hall!

A country out of control

Shame on them all, the PAD in 2006, the Army in 2006 and shame on all those who perpetuated the ills of that coup ever since to this day.

Shame on you and your fellow terrorist sympathisers for ignoring the many times that you have been told that it all started with Thaksin trying to set himself up as a dictator by buying votes, killing his rivals in his "war on drugs", stealing money from the taxpayer and changing laws to suit himself. Shame, shame, shame.

Please, no senseless flaming. There's nothing wrong with his opinion, you can make your point without calling him a shameless terrorist sympathizer, that's totally uncalled for.

I respect your opinion too, while mostly disagreeing with it.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

So this is instead of democracy? sound to me like it is the south america under right wing generals you wish to have here.

Thaksin getting more press now and call for talks. At last, somebody who can end this crisis!

Thaksin started this crisis with his corrupt and "murderous" regime (Sorry for using Red rhetoric) After this, he must have a death wish if he wants to come back to Thailand.

CAN REMEMBER THAT HE,THAKSIN DID THE PINOCHET TRICKS BACK IN THE SOUTH!!!!

Thaksin could've ended this crisis by stepping forward a few weeks ago. Now? He's got nothing.

A country out of control

another post that show ignorance of Thailand more than 10 years ago. boy have you fans of facism got a lot to learn about this land. No corruption before Thaksin you say. 5555555555 :)

When even the army and police are reluctant to be in the fight, the government must be bad and out of step with people.

CRES just want army to attack protesters. Maybe they feel very safe in the bunker with the army outside to protect them from democracy and the will of people.

justice will catch suthep soon and you ignorant people who cannot google him will have to learn some bitter truth about heros of your.

smoked.jpg

An anti-government protester holds a Thai national flag during clashes with soldiers at Bangkok's financial district May 14, 2010. Thai troops battled anti-government protesters in central Bangkok on Friday attempting to seal off their encampment after an assassination attempt on a renegade general unleashed a new wave of violence.

smoke2b.jpg

A fireman sprays water on a police bus set alight by anti-government demonstrators Friday, May 14, 2010, near Lumpini Park in downtown Bangkok, Thailand.

They were offered elections, but didn't want them.

Thaksin started it. All Thaksin needs to do is say the word, and they will all go home and it will be finished.