Coax To Rca Converter, Or Old Vcr With Uhf Tuner

Upcountry

I'm looking for a COAX to RCA converter that does something like what a VCR would do - take COAX input and output RCA to the TV. Any advice on where to find this in Bangkok would be appreciated (phone number? :) ). I'm also in the market for an old VCR with a Thai UHF compatible tuner as an alternative to this. It doesn't have to have a timer or channel changer, just COAX/UHF input and RCA output.

Since I live in the provinces, trekking down to "Red Town" to scour Phantip, etc., is not practical right now.

I use a coax/RF device from UBC to connect to my 2nd TV. One remote "rules them all", and this works for me. Cheaper too.

I also have cable service. In the main TV room, the UBC box connects to my DVR via RCA, the cable connects via coax. All is fine.

But in my 2nd TV room, I am forced to use a T coax connector to input both services into the coax input of my DVR. This means a degraded picture for both UBC and cable. My old VCR has a coax input and RCA outputs, but for some reason the non-Thai specific tuner can't find the UBC signal.

So, your help would be appreciated. Hope someone can help!

Hi

some ideas/options to try

• Move the UBC RF channel if it is clashing with the cable tv it wont work.
  • try a wireless av sender instead
  • the item your after is a RF demodulator but i dont like ya chances of finding one

I dont check the forums very frequently so send me a message if ya want a little help.

Good luck.

• 10 months later...

Well, it's been almost a year since I posted my question here. Thank you, Saraquin, for trying to help.

I finally found the answer, thanks to a friend who saw it in a local store:

GM2848 DIGITAL TV CONVERTER

http://www.alibaba.com/productshowimg/sg102236875-102521811-0/GM2848_DIGITAL_TV_CONVERTER.html

You can see a picture of it via the link above.

It takes in the coax output of my RF box (extension from True Visions box), and outputs RCA. The tuner works just like a TV, etc. It does an auto search to find all channels. In my case, if found the UHF frequency for True Visions.

So, now I have separate inputs for cable and True. :)