Red-Shirts Leader Seh Daeng Shot In The Head - Fighting For His Life In ICU - Video

webfact

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local reports claim Seh Daeng had been in a heated argument with other Red leaders not long before he was shot.

well, if that were true, that could make for an m.night shamalan twist!

I think planning an assassination takes a little more time.

It all depends on how much planning is involved now doesn't it, none, very little, or years of planning, there really is no minimum planning requirement for shooting someone. Maybe he pissed someone off real bad, that someone went and got his hand gun and shot him. This guy could very easily piss someone off, I have listened to him rant.

every time I ask a question or make a comment about this guy on TV i get attacked, but i want to know, has Sah Deang been accused of any specific acts of violence during these protests? I do not mean in general blaming him for the violent aspect of things, but specific charges like he was behind this bombing, or that shooting?

I am not a supporter of the red shirts, and sah deang seems like a whacko to me, but I am a supporter of due process. My instinct is to be doubtful of the usefulness of shooting people in the streets.

If you are a supporter of due process how can you be a red shirt supporter?? isn't that an oxymoron

read more carefully, i say clearly, I am NOT a supporter of the red shirts.

OK I see now that you are not a supporter of the red shirts. They were also supporters of due process until the government took Mr Taks Billions then they resorted to this Maoist revolt.

They have no legal right to occupy an important district of Bangkok and terrorize normal citizens. Next ...

But when they wear Yellow shirts Foreign MP thinks it is "good fun"...

The yellows who created havoc should be put in jail too. And so should the reds. The difference is that the yellows never fired rockets and didn't shut down the central part of the city for two months (the airport occupation was 8 days).

The foreign minister should be jailed for his part in what he did. This Sae Daeng character, now on his way to hel_l, had he still been alive when all this had happened should have been put before court martial and executed for treason since he is, after all, a soldier.

And guess what, Weng is also rumoured to be in the list of those giving up. Along with Jaran Ditta-apichai and Korkaew Pikulthong.

1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Who's spreading these rumors? Weng himself said a few hours ago that it wasn't true.

NYT link http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/14/world/asia/14thai.html?hp

eyewitness report by NYT reporter

well reading this eyewitness report it certainly was NOT a sniper unless he fired just when a firecracker went off. sounds more like a handgun was used.

I have heard from a non media source that he was hit by an m79 grenade, or shrapnel there of. That would fit with the NY Times description of an explosive sound. It would also change the picture a lot.

It would "change the picture", but it would also be impossible unless there were several other casualties (such as the reporter who was "two feet away". There weren't. There were no other casualties in the immediate area.

There is, so far, nothing to indicate the sort of weapon used, other than it being a small arm of some description; possily a handgun, possibly a rifle, definitely not a grenade of any description. The reporter had enough sense not to speculate - it is a pity that others here cannot follow his example, instead of becoming armchair experts with nothing to go on.

No, I don't know what happened. I heard this from a military circle and mentioned it more to point out the facts are not yet know, as well as which way this is going to fall. Reporting will still be garbled for a while. However, this just in:

Today, 2010-05-14 00:03:52

Renegade Thai general shot as violence erupts in Bangkok

Anusak Konglang

One of Khattiya's aides told AFP by telephone from the hospital that he was believed to have been shot by a sniper, but there was no confirmation.

The dissident soldier was hit in the right temple and was undergoing an operation in intensive care, a spokesman for the official Erawan emergency centre said, adding that at least one other person was injured.

Edited by rabo

every time I ask a question or make a comment about this guy on TV i get attacked, but i want to know, has Sah Deang been accused of any specific acts of violence during these protests? I do not mean in general blaming him for the violent aspect of things, but specific charges like he was behind this bombing, or that shooting?

I am not a supporter of the red shirts, and sah deang seems like a whacko to me, but I am a supporter of due process. My instinct is to be doubtful of the usefulness of shooting people in the streets.

If you are a supporter of due process how can you be a red shirt supporter?? isn't that an oxymoron

read more carefully, i say clearly, I am NOT a supporter of the red shirts.

OK I see now that you are not a supporter of the red shirts. They were also supporters of due process until the government took Mr Taks Billions then they resorted to this Maoist revolt.

Mr. T was a crook and corrupted the Thai government to new levels and he enriched himself greatly by ensuring preferential treatment for his AIS, which was absolved from paying the fees that all of its competitors had to pay. He forced the Thai Export Import Bank to lend Bt4 billion to Burma so that it could buy a satellite from his Shinsat outfit. His hid his wealth and then when AIS was sold by his children, they didn't have to pay taxes.

The money that was taken was justice done. He was only robbed of that which he stole himself through illegal means and subterfuge.

They have no legal right to occupy an important district of Bangkok and terrorize normal citizens. Next ...

The yellows who created havoc should be put in jail too. And so should the reds. The difference is that the yellows never fired rockets and didn't shut down the central part of the city for two months (the airport occupation was 8 days).

The foreign minister should be jailed for his part in what he did. This Sae Daeng character, now on his way to hel_l, had he still been alive when all this had happened should have been put before court martial and executed for treason since he is, after all, a soldier.

Who gives a shiite about the yellows they were a bunch of loosers that caused some shit years ago. This is now.

And guess what, Weng is also rumoured to be in the list of those giving up. Along with Jaran Ditta-apichai and Korkaew Pikulthong.

1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Who's spreading these rumors? Weng himself said a few hours ago that it wasn't true.

you'll have to take care yourself, he won't mother you one or the other way. :)

It was likely a red shirt who was acting on behalf of the rest of the more sane Red leadership who didn't appreciate this A*hole trying to usurp the movement and turn it into a violent machine intent on bloodshed. The man was unstable. Read the quote from the AP "The prime minister and the Red Shirts were on the verge of striking a deal but then I came in. Suddenly, I became an important person," he said.

Says it all doesn't it. The reds assassinated him.

Who gives a shiite about the yellows they were a bunch of loosers that caused some shit years ago. This is now.

"Everybody join the party line"

No need to fire rockets when the army is cheering you on. Or stay longer when the elites can have a party dissolved.

Off topic trollish and inflammatory posts are being deleted. Posters will not receive notification and breaches of the rules will result in immediate suspension.

Please use the report button to notify moderators on duty to inflammatory posts

No need to fire rockets when the army is cheering you on. Or stay longer when the elites can have a party dissolved.

The army was cheering the reds on too! So were the police. That's the dichotomy that is Thailand.

The yellows proved to that it's perfectly okay to overrun government house and take it over for 8 months and basically live there, then take over 2 international airports and hold hundreds of thousands of tourists stranded in Thailand for 10 days. They used grenades, firearms, slingshots. And they attacked police and army personnel and beat them up, even killed one of their own guards (his body was found at Don Mueang after the yellow shirts left).

That was "years ago". So what do we have today? Red shirts, you're right, who have seen that it's perfectly okay to do what the yellow shirts did and not having to go to prison. Since the yellow shirts are, 2 years later, still not in prison. Even worse, the yellow shirts are allowed to hold more demonstrations and dictate the government how to handle the red shirts.

The yellows proved to that it's perfectly okay to overrun government house and take it over for 8 months and basically live there, then take over 2 international airports and hold hundreds of thousands of tourists stranded in Thailand for 10 days. They used grenades, firearms, slingshots. And they attacked police and army personnel and beat them up, even killed one of their own guards (his body was found at Don Mueang after the yellow shirts left).

That was "years ago". So what do we have today? Red shirts, you're right, who have seen that it's perfectly okay to do what the yellow shirts did and not having to go to prison. Since the yellow shirts are, 2 years later, still not in prison. Even worse, the yellow shirts are allowed to hold more demonstrations and dictate the government how to handle the red shirts.

You are correct. The yellows set the precedent. This is why the reds have been so bold. They knew they could get away with it and they have.

Mark my words when the next government is in power, the opposing side will resort to the same puerile tactics and on it will go -- all in the name of "democracy."

OK they are still loosers and who cares about them. they are not violently trying to over through the government are they??

It was likely a red shirt who was acting on behalf of the rest of the more sane Red leadership who didn't appreciate this A*hole trying to usurp the movement and turn it into a violent machine intent on bloodshed. The man was unstable. Read the quote from the AP "The prime minister and the Red Shirts were on the verge of striking a deal but then I came in. Suddenly, I became an important person," he said.

Says it all doesn't it. The reds assassinated him.

I'll condense your yellow twaddle for you:

A ------ ------ ---- -- ----- ----- redshirt----- --- ---- -------- did - --- ----- -------------it. LALALALALA <Ignore>...

Small caliber bullets don't come from sniper rifles. Watch the news in the next few days and learn the truth.

I could agree that they must be dealt too and they will be dealt with.

It rests on the outcome of the juridical process of how the clandestine fights will emerge, it can help to suppress it (when they get proper justice according to their crimes committed) or increase it (when nothing is done about their crime).

It's not the working class or the Isaan folk that are being condemned. It's the form of protest. These people aren't abused and they have all the rights as other Thai citizens. There are plenty of rich people from Isaan who have started their own businesses. They are not discriminated against in job selections and they have the same opportunities to get into good schools

Still, they have every right to feel aggrieved because all governments, including Thaksin's, never spent a dime on improving the schools and infrastructure in the provinces. The culture of paying people peanuts will stay strong as long as the educational system in this country is reformed to up the intelligence and smarts of everybody, rich or poor.

You red posters remind me of the robocalls made by machines to potential voters in recent American elections.

Are you clowns getting paid by the word, or by the post?

You red posters remind me of the robocalls made by machines to potential voters in recent American elections.

What part exactly of my post bothers you so much?

News reports are that he has died.

This murder will prove to be the beginning of the end for the current Thai government.

End of the Red shirt movement!! Something had to break, Seh Deng gave his life so other grannys and kids on the front line could go home. OK if it is the end He is a good guy.

The 'Red shirts' need to clear up what they want!!!!

The wanted parliment dissolution and new elections, the could have had both if they went home when the Priminister annonced his plans!!!!

But they must have been 'told' by the red leader 'we need this (whatever it is they want now) too' - got too greedy!!

RED SHIRTS GO HOME PLEASE!!!!!!!

i know i'm a 'farang' but the people of bangkok think the same!!!!!!

I know a lot of farang and Thai people living in Bangkok and Samut Prakan who agree with the "Shirt see deng".

At first they wanted Thaksin to go, but they have changed their minds.

News reports are that he has died.

This murder will prove to be the beginning of the end for the current Thai government.

End of the Red shirt movement!! Something had to break, Seh Deng gave his life so other grannys and kids on the front line could go home. OK if it is the end He is a good guy.

You mean Paragon will be open tomorrow for shopping?

What part exactly of my post bothers you so much?

Your robotic, and nearly instant in this case, repetition of Toxin's party line. We all know it by now. How much do you get paid per post, or per word? I can write BS even better than you, and I could use the money.