Top-up Or Sportlid?

I need to buy a Top-up or Sportlid pick-up bed cover for a Prerunner 4 door. I know this has been covered before in passing, but does anyone have actual experience of the following:

Any main differences between the two?

If you have the motorised one, can they be operated from outside or do you need to open the door (and start the engine, to avoid draning the battery?)?

If one or more of the motors fail can you still open the lid?

How secure are the safety latches when driving with the top up (standard or motorised)?

Anything else that may be useful ...

Many thanks ...

Had the carry boy electric one on my Vigo 4 door. Never had a problem with electric's. Dont have to have eng: on to open. Totaly water proof. Have sold it now to a chum, It's still not causing any trouble, and it's nearly 4 year's old. Great lock's. I think the best set up on the market. Look's good as well. Enjoy

Had the carry boy electric one on my Vigo 4 door. Never had a problem with electric's. Dont have to have eng: on to open. Totaly water proof. Have sold it now to a chum, It's still not causing any trouble, and it's nearly 4 year's old. Great lock's. I think the best set up on the market. Look's good as well. Enjoy
add on. Solid as a rock with lid up. And will still open if motor's go down.

fredob43, transam, many thanks.

I think the Carryboy one sounds the business. The Aeroklas one looks good, but the dumping water probem is one I would never have thought of which is quite important as it would be bound to happen just when I need the bed dry!

Thanks again.

Edited by JohnLeech