Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Abhisit is such an idiot.

He knew exactly what would result if he used force. Congratulations Abhisit, now you have it :)

He should have stuck to negotiations.

Abhisit is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Russell, Russell, you are dangerous with your half truths. The full truth is that Ahisit knew there would be violence because the Red Terrorist Leaders told him so. And now THEY have it. They should have stuck to negotiations. They are very disgusting excuses for human beings.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To Moderators....... would it be possible to have a thread in which we just got peoples eyewitness reports? this is now about 58 pages of the same old arguments, and within it are maybe 4 or 5 interesting and useful comments from people who have actually seen what is happening on the ground. This could be a valuable resource considering the shocking media coverage, but instead its just become a platform for my ignorant opinion is better than your ignorant opinion.

That would be absolutely ace if somebody had the time to moderate it.

To Moderators....... would it be possible to have a thread in which we just got peoples eyewitness reports? this is now about 58 pages of the same old arguments, and within it are maybe 4 or 5 interesting and useful comments from people who have actually seen what is happening on the ground. This could be a valuable resource considering the shocking media coverage, but instead its just become a platform for my ignorant opinion is better than your ignorant opinion.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...tu-t365300.html

They cut and paste news updates here (thanks for the day & night updates Webfact) and even these posts are sometimes wrong and get corrected with later updates. Not sure what you believe would come from so-called eye witnesses. I doubt too many are running around the street (illegally) for the goal of posting to ThaiVisa unbiased and truthful information. There are lots of Tweeters out there though who will post every few minutes things such as the army is now opening fire on women and children or that Suthep is dead.

I suggest staying here where you know all of us our full poop :)

Edit: typos/grammar

Edited by jcbangkok

This is a photo of a ten year old boy shot last night, a sober reminder to all those praying for a crackdown what it eventually leads to.

http://tweetphoto.com/22448632

This is a article on the shooting unfortunately in Thai

http://www.dailynews.co.th/newstartpage/in...contentId=65910

It's also a sober reminder to the drunk drivers speeding towards army checkpoints with kids in the car.

Get the women and children out of there!

Later reports are the child was a bystander.. Not in the car..

Army shooting wildly.. clipped 2 people OUTSIDE the vehicle !!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...tu-t365300.html

fuc_k me... how does this happen..

1.00 GBP = 47.1092 THB

And now you are starting to understand the extent of the economic collapse underway in the West. It makes the repercussions of the little spat here in Thailand look like a shoving contest between 2 year old toddlers.

Thailand's problems are temporary. The economic collapse in the West is permanent. Buy gold. There is a great thread in the economics forum.

This is a photo of a ten year old boy shot last night, a sober reminder to all those praying for a crackdown what it eventually leads to.

It's also a sober reminder to the drunk drivers speeding towards army checkpoints with kids in the car.

Any link to this "update" ????????

This is a translation of the daily news link I posted earlier, all very sad.

At 00:30 on May 15, 2010 correspondents reported that a dramatic situation. [Reports indicate] that a metallic bronze color Toyota Commuter van drove into Rajprarob Road towards Din Daeng at fast speed. After speeding to the Airport Link area at Makkasan, before crossing the rail tracks, an army checkpoint signaled for the car to stop. When the car, however, failed to slow down, soldiers fired their weapons at the tyres. Still, the car sought to rush past the checkpoint. At that time, the soldiers therefore discharged their weapons directly into the vehicle. The person driving the car, a middle-aged man who smelled of alchohol, was shot and is in critical condition.

After checking the entire vehicle, a knife was found together with many UDD insignia. In any event, a boy approximately 10 years of age took a bullet to the stomach that ruptured his intestines. He is in a coma. [Continues to explain another taxi driver was shot and injured in the same area]. The three were taken to Phaya Thai Hospital in an attempt to save their lives.

get the WOMEN, CHILDREN, OLD and SICK out of the red fighting zone !

I just watched a BBC video on the net and they interviewed an English guy who had joined the protesters and was with them in their camp - <deleted> now we have some idiot foreigner joining this rebellion - thats just what we need to turn the locals against the foreigners......who is this <deleted>?

I think his name is Richard Cranium :):D

Unfortunately there is always the odd NUTTER about to commit an act of madness which he probably also is. You have no idea how many farang crystal meth users are here who are paranoid schizophrenic with delusions added in - I would assume a large number of the reds are on the stuff anyway including the red posters here - the level of obvious delusions they suffer seems to indicate this strongly :D

Can someone do us all a favor and forward this numb nut's name to the Immigration Police?

Why can not we see armored vehicles yet....I think the army should really hit these terrorists hard now, enough is enough

How many dead bodies will give u an erection....

Mate, this place is crawling with blood hungry westerners who cant seem to get enough.

Abhisit should listen to the US, UN, and Thaksin and return to the negotiation table.

Why would Abisith sit there alone during these difficult times??????????

Abhisit is an honest man who has bent over backwards to avoid conflict yet the psychopathic leaders that manipulate the rank and file Red Shirt Brigade were and still are bent on extreme violence e and hatred from the start as their rhetoric so clearly showed and indeed still shows..

Twenty years here and Abhisit is the most progressive Prime minister to date willing to listen to all and his administration has implemented measures to assist the less well off in Thai society and indeed would have done more if it wasn't for the Red Shirt Brigaded actions to stall further measures as it was damaging thug Thaksin his family and their acolytes money stealing and law manipulation to yet further boost their fortunes at the expense of the majority.

The guy is an incompetent, irresponsible leader that has just brought the country to the edge of civil war, due to his impatience, frustration and unwillingness to show flexibility in negotiations. How much blood needs to be spilled under this idiots leadership before you tell him to resign ?

The blood lust on this forum is disgusting.

This is just a complete reversal of reality. Have you no sense of decency?

A very sober reminder about good parenting skills. Good parents do not drive drunk with their kids in the vehicle. A good and respectable parent would never take a child into a war zone, then attempt to break through a check point knowing dam_n good and well troops have the authority to open fire under a SOE. Thanks for the reminder about being a parent. I truly hope the father receives life imprisonment for selfishly doing this to his child. I hope this kid makes a full recovery and is placed into a proper home with real loving parents who honestly care about his well-being.

I see you don't like to jump to conclusions very quickly do you, you know nothing of the story but have already convicted the parents, were they even reshirts where were they trying to go and for what. Do you even care?

I see where you are coming from. You are in essence saying it is okay to be a drunken idiot on the road with a child in the vehicle. God forbid, I hope you have no children of your own. It really doesn't matter if they are redshirts or not, the fact remains a drunk with a child in the van, illegally ran thorough a check point, refused to stop, and subsequently they were fired at. If you honestly feel that the driver, who by some reports are stating it was the father, has every legitimate reason to do this to the young lad, I really feel sorry for you. Pathetic!

I bet this Russell Hantz is from the hills of Kentucky (USA) so he has a lot in common with the rural people from the North and Isaan who believe everything the Red agitators have blasted on their loudspeakers in these small villages. Hey Khun Hantz, why don't you come down to Luphini Park and support your commrades? (plus receive 200 bath to buy seeds for your garden).

Yeah, don't blame the drunken idiot red shirt driving the van.

Any protesters that try to involve children and women are risking their lives, what a 10 year old boy knows about the situation? Only what daddy tells him. It is not a real father who puts his son in danger's way as well as not a real father, son or husband who puts his women in the same situation.

Let women and children go home and if you want to fight with soldiers it is ok but now it looks like Red shirts keep them as human shields because they know soldiers are afraid to hurt women and children. This is madness. All they had to do was to have peaceful protests without paralyzing life in Bangkok and accept the best deal they could get. Now it is all very very ugly.

YOu are the one way off base.

Thaksin is calling for returning to the negotiation table. I would much rather have Thaksin calling the shots than this braindead moron Abhisit.

You would sooner have an Criminal as a leader ?

I don't care if the leader is a 3 legged monster. As long as he can do whatever it takes to bring this country closer to reconciliation then he will have my support.

Abhisit has been harping on about reconciliation but the country has only divided under his leadership. He should never have been PM.

Thank you. There is really no need for you to go on. Pol Pot sure borught Cambodians together.Same with Mao in China. And the Emporer in Japan circa 1937-45. You would have supported them all. Typical Red / Thaksin supporter :)

What strange world do you live in where reconciliation = dictatorship ?

maybe you should work for Abhisit.

Edited by RussellHantz

:) Too late I would say, tragically!

Your aware of the sept military and police reshuffle yeah ?? So they can place their men into power spots and demote those against them for the next 4 years..

Plus gamesmanship with the constitution..

THATS what they are fighting about.. And why Nov elections are not enough.. And why they were a superb play to the western media that doesnt report or understand this.

I was told by the Thaksin apologists on this forum a week back that I was an idiot for stating that was one of their primary goals. I was attacked quite viciously for it actually.

Are you reds now admitting I was right and that the truth is the reds simply want the opportunity to put their own thugs in positions of power rather than letting the current administration have that opportunity? What happened to "it's all about democracy and fair play"?

You reds on this forum need to coordinate better. You are contradicting each other. But truthfully, lies have a way of doing that.

If you simply stuck to the truth, you wouldn't fall into these traps.

As I've stated before this is a hostage situation with red terrorist leaders using the vulnerable (and brainwashed) as human shields. They are lower than a Daschund's anus. :)

A very sober reminder about good parenting skills. Good parents do not drive drunk with their kids in the vehicle. A good and respectable parent would never take a child into a war zone, then attempt to break through a check point knowing dam_n good and well troops have the authority to open fire under a SOE. Thanks for the reminder about being a parent. I truly hope the father receives life imprisonment for selfishly doing this to his child. I hope this kid makes a full recovery and is placed into a proper home with real loving parents who honestly care about his well-being.

I see you don't like to jump to conclusions very quickly do you, you know nothing of the story but have already convicted the parents, were they even reshirts where were they trying to go and for what. Do you even care?

I see where you are coming from. You are in essence saying it is okay to be a drunken idiot on the road with a child in the vehicle. God forbid, I hope you have no children of your own. It really doesn't matter if they are redshirts or not, the fact remains a drunk with a child in the van, illegally ran thorough a check point, refused to stop, and subsequently they were fired at. If you honestly feel that the driver, who by some reports are stating it was the father, has every legitimate reason to do this to the young lad, I really feel sorry for you. Pathetic!

No I am saying why don"t you wait until you are in possession of all the facts before you sentence the parents, but I feel I'm wasting my time talking to you so I won't bother.

Quit your crying Farang.

You do not like the fight, Thailand does not care what you think.

You want cheap women and cheap beer, go somewhere else.

Thailand has a major fight on its hands and your nonsense about hating this group or that is dull.

Reds will win.

It might be in one week or 1 year or 3 years but they will win.

People who do not run when shot at are highly motivated. The Reds

Since most in the military are Reds, it is only a matter of time before the entire government regime collapses.

Bye Bye old way and hello new.

Silom Road becomes ghost town

BANGKOK: -- Silom Road, which is always bustling, became deserted Saturday morning with only a few 7-Eleven shops remaining open.

At 10:30 am Saturday, troops used orange plastic roadblocks to set up several layers of barricades from Silom-Narathiwat Intersection to Saladaeng Intersection.

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

only a few 7-Eleven shops remaining open ????/

Maybe this is a Civil War. :)

Besides Thaksin's economic support, my speculation is that there are many high ranked red-shirts that have invested a lot of money in this as well. Invested on the hope they will win a new election and get a position where thay can pilfer money from the government.

They want to get rid of Abhisit and call for new elections. But I can't find any valid points on why there is a really need for it. People can't just overthrow leaders just because they don't like them or "their man" wasn't elected. All this talk about the poor. What is it with the poor that needs to be so urgent adressed? Do they wanna open the government casbox and sprinkle over the Issanies? Do they hope that Thaksin will come give everyone at fat bonus? I find no valid ponits for the current situation...

Your aware of the sept military and police reshuffle yeah ?? So they can place their men into power spots and demote those against them for the next 4 years..

Plus gamesmanship with the constitution..

THATS what they are fighting about.. And why Nov elections are not enough.. And why they were a superb play to the western media that doesnt report or understand this.

That's it! 100% it and nothing else - but some think it's about democracy :)

whybother,

“The reds don't want reconciliation. They want to be in power. They only want one thing. That's why they don't want to negotiate.”

That may be your take, but things look very different to the Thais in the upcountry villages – which is surely what is more germane than farang opinion. If you doubt me, read the international press, rather than The Nation & BKK Post, which are propaganda outlets for the BKK ‘elite’.

We have no sure idea of what Abhisit wants, or how genuine are his conciliatory offers. Relevantly, the Reds apparently do not trust him. I’m sure he would be very happy if they all went quietly home. But from their viewpoint, what would they have gained, apart from a politician’s promises?

As from the start, the peaceful solution is seemingly for dissolution of a government founded on an army coup & political horse-trading, then a new election. The alternative is more bloodshed & chaos, but that’s just my take.

The farangs who take a violently partisan approach in this crisis are crapping in their own nest, IMHO. This is a very unstable part of the world. Thailand is surrounded by some very dodgy regimes. Not the least problem is the Moslem violence in the south. Inernal strife weakens Thailand. If you want to continue enjoying its benefits, you might do well to tone down your calls for ‘crackdowns’ & ‘firm action’ – the old jackboots & bullets treatment for the ungrateful poor.

It is not impossible that a regime change will arrive. The new bosses might be the ‘Reds’ you so vigorously attack. You might find your position as a farang insecure. Thais are not idiots, & they have memories. You could find it very difficult to renew your visa &/or work permit in the future. Think on’t. OGT

Edited by OldgitTom

Quit your crying Farang.

Thailand has a major fight on its hands and your nonsense about hating this group or that is dull.

Reds will win.

Since most in the military are Reds, it is only a matter of time before the entire government regime collapses.

Another new Red sign-up loving / defending the bloodshed. Sad.

Edited by Netfan

Quit your crying Farang.

Reds will win.

" People who do not run when shot at are highly motivated. "

Actually they would be called suicidal, brain dead or crippled .... either way they soon will likely be called dead.

Quit your crying Farang.

Reds will win.

Cheap beer in Thailand? Where? :)