Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Grumpy old lonesome farang Tourists? It is about the farangs who spreading here their hate at TVF. If these Farangs, who do nothing else than begging for violence and bloodshed, shut up and GO HOME Thailand would be better of and miss nothing.

Please do a little research and provide quotes for these farangs who are spreading their hate and begging for violence. This seems to have become another catch phrase for red apologists, along with "double standards" and "farang aren't thai so shut up". Please provide the quotes of anyone "begging for violence and bloodshed". Or else <deleted>

Yes, an appauling claim considering he 'quoted' three people that were doing NO such thing. :)

Neverdie, I think you have been included in that three people i quoted. I didn't mean you.

Someone said Farang should not argue here. Another Farang sulked and claimed his tourist money build up Thailand. You told him he should not overestimate his farang tourist money impact, right? And there are you right.

I didn't said that farangs are not welcome to put their opinion into the discussion. Nor i said that all farangs should go home. I mean only a certain group of farangs. Not all farangs at TVF but a few. People who are full of hate and begging for violence or applaud killings and murder - nobody needs them here. Would you not agree with that?

I am not a red shirt, But see them as Thai people same as i see the yellow shirt protesters as Thai people. Also the government don't call them all terrorists, but speaks of 5000 terrorist that have infiltrated the red shirts. The hugh majority of the protesters are peaceful people and a lot of them are from Bangkok, they are not only from Isaan and they are not only the poorest and uneducated ones. And it is more than strange when some Farang USA who lives in Pattaya called on the red shirts to go home to Isaan and stop occupying Thailand.

If you need quotes, just go to the threads about Seh deang has been shoot and look at the party smilies some people posted.

edit. 5000. CRES said 500, not 5000.

Edited by kissdani

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"We can wish. As long as he has money in his pocket he'll be able to find people to manipulate for his purposes. A born leader."

Leader? .... not quite. Leaders are out in front.

More than born... stubborn.

Do you perhaps mean breached with an insufficient air supply to the brain during birth?

Man shot while taking photos

If you are going to post a description, make sure it is factually correct.

I do however thank you for the 'Reuters raw'-mashup (too many cuts however) as it shows how peaceful the reds are and clearly shows WHY they are getting shot.

And the taxi was clearly hit by rubber bullets, didn't even penetrate the glass, even after multiple shots.

It said if the protesters survive past Sunday, the red-shirt movement would win the war against the government.

Wow. That sounds like they might be laying the ground work so that whoever is still standing on Monday can declare victory and go home without losing face.

If so, that would be a great thing. I don't care how we get the reds out, as long as they leave and their leaders are severely punished for what they have done.

Only after Sondhi and his motley crew get arrested.

How do I do the 'ignore' thing?

Does it require counselling in application?

It doesn't require counselling, although from what I have red of Mr Hantz's posts, he clearly needs something. :)

Red-shirt Facebook page issues call for help

UDD Thailand, a Facebook page which supports the red-shirt movement, urged red-shirt people to come out in full force to help the Rajprasong protesters survive the crackdowns over the weekend.

The page, UDD Thailand, urged red-shirt people to gather at Imperial Lardprao, Imperial Samrong and Thai Com office in Kaerai and move together to Rajprasong.

The page urged the red-shirt to bring along foods and waters for the Rajprasong protesters.

He said the red-shirt people could also gather at the Pheu Thai head office at the BBD Building on Soi Jinda Thawil off Rama 4 Road.

The page also asked the red-shirt people to be careful, saying the black-shirt warriors and former Army chief Gen Chavalit Yongchaiyudh would help them battle the troops.

It said if the protesters survive past Sunday, the red-shirt movement would win the war against the government.

CRES I hope you are taking note.

If forces stretched suggest putting the word out to Bangkok residents who would probably be glad to form a welcoming committee.

weel it's a good sign that they are asking for food and water eh so maybe this is coming to an end soon.

How do I do the 'ignore' thing?

Does it require counselling in application?

At the top of the forum page, almost mid screen you will see an option my controls . Go in there, scroll down on the left hand side Menu on the page you will see another 'options' section. The forth one down from there is 'manage ignored users'. Click that option then go in and enter his name (then its a sealed deal). You can un-opt at any time (although in this case I doublt you would ever).

Perhaps all new users to the forum could automatically have this status :)

Instead of constantly criticising my posts, cheering flamers, and making cringe worthy sleazy come-ons to the female members of this forum, why don't you post something intelligent for a change ?

:D So rich coming from you. If you actually read what is being written here rusty, virtually everyone is critising your posts, you are truely a very troubled man person.

Priceless that you are asking me to post something intelligent :D:)

Mate, if I showed the posters on this forum the sick, sexually perverted PM you send me a few weeks ago, there wouldnt be any doubt about who the troubled person is.... :D

Can you show us?

O beleived that Neverdie may have called him a "cockhead" :D

Daily Telegraph: The new arrivals and the latest killings lent the Red Shirt movement fresh impetus when it appeared to have been flagging after 62 days.

I can't help thinking that was the objective of some all along. :)

Indeed - and they got rid of SD at the same time too...two birds with one stone.

The situation is like that in Gaza. Protestors with stones and slingshots get killed by indiscriminate fire. The claims of the government that the reds have weapons (real ones) are ridiculous. Not one soldier in hospital, while to official figures of CRES say 16 killed 141 injured. Abhisit has turned in the Suchinda II cabinet.

The journalists in the cross fire were all shot by the army. An other example why the elite do not care about human life. First of all the Police need to take care of protests not army. only in banana republics the army is in charge. Secondly the soldiers are looking 17, 18 years old frightened and badly trained. They have no idea how to handle crowds.

Abhisit and his cronies should end up in the international court of justice.

this soldier not in hospital then?

where is he, the morgue?

and why have no reds ever been reported hurt by an M79 grenade?

curious that........?

From the news clippings forum:

THE NATION: Nuttawut called for ceasefire. He said at least 7 more people have been killed today.

In other words he can feel the noose tightening around his neck and is desperately looking for a way out having no doubt been counting on reds from elsewhere breaking the blockade allowing the red leadership to be smuggled out up country dressed as women no doubt stopping at every McDonalds between Bangkok and Udon.

Steely Dan let me know when he leaves BKK. I'll be on the lookout for him when he passes through Kalasin :)

The army is operating under very strict and internationally accepted rules of engagement. They do use live ammunition to defend themselves. I don't doubt there are civilians who are caught in the cross fire, but you can not blame that on the government. The red terrorists are much more culpable for those deaths. It is also unclear right now exactly how many civilians were innocent, and how many may were red insurgents.

One thing that is sure, is that the red leaders can end this whole thing right now if they would simply leave. They could get any reasonable concession they wanted, except amnesty or power for themselves. They are criminals, and will have to spend a good portion of the rest of their lives in prison.

If you want to claim the same is true of the government, you are going to have to do it through the court system with real evidence, not red propaganda. The government has spent the last 2 months gathering that evidence against the red shirted leaders, which is why the reds are now scared and screwed.

I don't know what Suthep and Abhisit did or did not do, but neither does anyone else. Call off the insurrection, and let an independent investigation team decide. In the mean time, the red leaders will rot in a jail cell. We know they are criminals. They already have arrest warrants outstanding.

Nobody else need die just so Thaksin and his ilk can have their bloody vegence.

No soldiers have been killed by protesters so far in the latest clashes .

Only civilians by soldiers . According to you too bad for the civilians .

Thats one way of looking at it .

But the PM days are numbered if he continues . Then he can join the red leaders in jail

And so far the PM has solved nothing

So the reds are just 'civilians' taking a peaceful demo in the park are they?

Dear me, this really is a desperately poor argument.

But hey, chuck anything in now.

That's certainly one way for you to look at it.

MCOTEnglishnews: Natthawut: ready to talk, urges troolp withdrawal, stop shooting; may evacuate children, elders to Wat Pathumwanaram

Does Khun Natthawut have any authority over the people clashing with the army? If so, shouldn't he get them to withdraw first. I think then the army might stop firing at them. If not, what use is his talking going to do? The army stops advancing, but the rioters keep attacking. :)

Very interesting translations from some Thai journalist at the center of it all last night. Reds are armed and use flashlights in some ways to target and any photographer using a flash had bullets fired straight at them. It is being translated by Veen on twitter

probably the other way around (army using flashlights) considering most of the casualties have been on the red side.

The issue is in regards to why journalists might be in higher risk now. But you read as well as usual...

Was on Thai TV that the 10yr old boy had been hanging around for a while and had been told by the soldiers many times to leave and go home but he would not go.

They said he was lying on the footpath or road and with the army shooting at the van tyres of a speeding van there ware bound to be some bullets flying around.

Not shooting wildly as some silly bugger sugested

so they asked the 10 year old boy to go home... he said no (may be he didn't had one) .. so army said since u are a mature 10 year old guy u are responsible for your safety, we will spray bullets all around and mind you we already asked u to go home ..you 10 year old boy....

thts some responsible trigger happy guys out dere....

What would you have done Roger? You ask/tell the kid to go home and he flips you the bird. Do you leave your post to chase him away? What are your chances of catching the little mongrel? Do you shoot him (intentionally)?

Now here comes the van. You wave him down, but he doesn't slow. @ around 60km/hr he will close a 50m gap in 3 secs, more likely they have 2. The road block commander has to make decision, then issue an order to fire - 1 sec if he's on the ball. they aim for the tyres, and bullets skitter off the road and one hits the kid.

Of course, if they had just taken out the driver first burst, then they would be called trigger happy.

The kid didn't fall from the sky... he must be living dere to be present dere at such hours... and the Army shud have checked it before they set up the perimeter... I don't care if they dealt with tht drunkard van driver but wud never comprehend a kid shot under any circumstances...

Was just about to go take a shower to the outside toilet, when I noticed a lot of sharp pieces on the floor. Well, looking around it wasn't hard to spot the culprit.

This shot came from the southern side, through the concrete wall and tiling and still cracked the tiles on the other side's wall.

The height comparison of the holes is near identical, and being on 5th floor that would mean that it was shot from a fair distance, not just under the house.

FYI: the red stage is south, soldiers are under the house and towards the north, so there's really not much secret as to which side of the conflict this came from.

EDIT: Order of photos: from inside, wall that was hit; opposite wall; from outside; bullet

That's not nice!!!

Just to understand it right,

you mean the shot came from the red shirts, right?

I am not the brightest.

The journalists in the cross fire were all shot by the army. An other example why the elite do not care about human life. First of all the Police need to take care of protests not army. only in banana republics the army is in charge. Secondly the soldiers are looking 17, 18 years old frightened and badly trained. They have no idea how to handle crowds.

Abhisit and his cronies should end up in the international court of justice.

Exactly. One only has to look at the casualty statistics to realise who the real killers are. :)

really Russell, do wake up and have a look at the reds treatment of this soldier

its unfortunate he did not have a survivor immunity talisman to protect him

Grumpy old lonesome farang Tourists? It is about the farangs who spreading here their hate at TVF. If these Farangs, who do nothing else than begging for violence and bloodshed, shut up and GO HOME Thailand would be better of and miss nothing.

Please do a little research and provide quotes for these farangs who are spreading their hate and begging for violence. This seems to have become another catch phrase for red apologists, along with "double standards" and "farang aren't thai so shut up". Please provide the quotes of anyone "begging for violence and bloodshed". Or else <deleted>

Yes, an appauling claim considering he 'quoted' three people that were doing NO such thing. :)

Neverdie, I think you have been included in that three people i quoted. I didn't mean you.

Someone said Farang should not argue here. Another Farang sulked and claimed his tourist money build up Thailand. You told him he should not overestimate his farang tourist money impact, right? And there are you right.

I didn't said that farangs are not welcome to put their opinion into the discussion. Nor i said that all farangs should go home. I mean only a certain group of farangs. Not all farangs at TVF but a few. People who are full of hate and begging for violence or applaud killings and murder - nobody needs them here. Would you not agree with that?

I am not a red shirt, But see them as Thai people same as i see the yellow shirt protesters as Thai people. Also the government don't call them all terrorists, but speaks of 5000 terrorist that have infiltrated the red shirts. The hugh majority of the protesters are peaceful people and a lot of them are from Bangkok, they are not only from Isaan and they are not only the poorest and uneducated ones. And it is more than strange when some Farang USA who lives in Pattaya called on the red shirts to go home to Isaan and stop occupying Thailand.

If you need quotes, just go to the threads about Seh deang has been shoot and look at the party smilies some people posted.

Ohh, okay, thanks for the explanation kissdani, I now understand what you are on about. I must agree with you, I live in the industrial parts of Thailand, the parts where the real money and industry are & besides the official statistics telling me I can also see first hand where the 'real' money is in Thailand. Having said that & without opening the can of worms again I can see that the tourist dollar goes alot further than the 6% of GDP that it represents, however, yesterday one poor sod on this forum (albiet another thread) actually claimed that thailand would cease to exist without farangs here. :D I honestly wonder what makes some idiot people tick sometimes.

:D

Wow. That sounds like they might be laying the ground work so that whoever is still standing on Monday can declare victory and go home without losing face.

If so, that would be a great thing. I don't care how we get the reds out, as long as they leave and their leaders are severely punished for what they have done.

Only after Sondhi and his motley crew get arrested.

They've actually already reported to police and are currently awaiting trial. In keeping with Thai tradition these trials can take several years to complete. Even the trial of the chief terrorist Thaksin took over 2 years, and the government was very motivated to get him.

But I agree with your larger sentiment. Anyone who has committed crimes should be punished according the seriousness of their transgressions. Sondhi should not get a pass. What he did was wrong, and he should suffer the consequences.

Squatting at Government House pales in comparison to what the reds have done though. Don't leave out that important detail. Some would say that the reds should not leave and stop killing people until the PAD trials work their way completely through the court system . That is not something I could agree with.

Was on Thai TV that the 10yr old boy had been hanging around for a while and had been told by the soldiers many times to leave and go home but he would not go.

They said he was lying on the footpath or road and with the army shooting at the van tyres of a speeding van there ware bound to be some bullets flying around.

Not shooting wildly as some silly bugger sugested

so they asked the 10 year old boy to go home... he said no (may be he didn't had one) .. so army said since u are a mature 10 year old guy u are responsible for your safety, we will spray bullets all around and mind you we already asked u to go home ..you 10 year old boy....

thts some responsible trigger happy guys out dere....

What would you have done Roger? You ask/tell the kid to go home and he flips you the bird. Do you leave your post to chase him away? What are your chances of catching the little mongrel? Do you shoot him (intentionally)?

Now here comes the van. You wave him down, but he doesn't slow. @ around 60km/hr he will close a 50m gap in 3 secs, more likely they have 2. The road block commander has to make decision, then issue an order to fire - 1 sec if he's on the ball. they aim for the tyres, and bullets skitter off the road and one hits the kid.

Of course, if they had just taken out the driver first burst, then they would be called trigger happy.

The kid didn't fall from the sky... he must be living dere to be present dere at such hours... and the Army shud have checked it before they set up the perimeter... I don't care if they dealt with tht drunkard van driver but wud never comprehend a kid shot under any circumstances...

there? should? that? would?

I just went up to Rajprasong if anyone starts an eyewitness thread...have a few pics from the phone as well.

Yes eye witness accounts from obsesses people who have no issues with breaking the law would be a great source of information.

From: http://nationsstate.blogspot.com/2010/05/c...in-bangkok.html

Note: This shot was taken while trapped in the middle of a raging gunfight between the military on the BTS pedestrian bridge on Silom road and unseen, but certainly active, red shirt guards shooting M-16 (which i saw but could not photograph the night before right after Seh Deang was shot inside the red barricades) or other war rifles. There were countless thunderous explosions which reverberated and shook the buildings and might have been M79 grenades.

Bold for focus.

Thaksin tweeted that govt "will end up as war criminals in the int'l criminal court."

I read it, then re-read it. I just can't believe he actually typed this :) .

I believe it for one simple reason....

He has been round the twist visibly since middle 2006.

No way can I do anything but fight this guys attempt to

take control of this lovely nation by force and propaganda indoctrination.

Edited by animatic

UN will send Troops in soon to stop the Government killing civilians.

Wow, that's going to cause a lot of brown trouser stains on all sides!

:)

All that UN troops do is observe.

The UN don't have the power to send troops in without the government's request. Ask the Burmese.

It is about the farangs who spreading here their hate at TVF.

Please do a little research and provide quotes for these farangs who are spreading their hate and begging for violence.

Huh? That is a lot of posts. By the time he finished, it would be next week and the whole thing would (hopefully) be over. He has a point and denying it is absurd. :)

Thank you, you understand my point.

The word has clearly gone out to all the red apologists on the forum to describe the red rioters as 'civilians'.

The red rioters from Songkran 2009 were finally described by Thaksin as 'fake reds'.

Selling their story has always been a problem.

Fancy that!

It is about the farangs who spreading here their hate at TVF.

Please do a little research and provide quotes for these farangs who are spreading their hate and begging for violence.

Huh? That is a lot of posts. By the time he finished, it would be next week and the whole thing would (hopefully) be over. He has a point and denying it is absurd. :)

Thank you, you understand my point.

We also understand that you were pro-red just days ago kissdani. nice try.

Abhisit is an honest man who has bent over backwards to avoid conflict yet the psychopathic leaders that manipulate the rank and file Red Shirt Brigade were and still are bent on extreme violence e and hatred from the start as their rhetoric so clearly showed and indeed still shows..

Twenty years here and Abhisit is the most progressive Prime minister to date willing to listen to all and his administration has implemented measures to assist the less well off in Thai society and indeed would have done more if it wasn't for the Red Shirt Brigaded actions to stall further measures as it was damaging thug Thaksin his family and their acolytes money stealing and law manipulation to yet further boost their fortunes at the expense of the majority.

The guy is an incompetent, irresponsible leader that has just brought the country to the edge of civil war, due to his impatience, frustration and unwillingness to show flexibility in negotiations. How much blood needs to be spilled under this idiots leadership before you tell him to resign ?

The blood lust on this forum is disgusting.

Way off base here can you imagine any other leader being in charge now, say Thaksin? If this was reversed and Thaksin was in power I would put the number of casualties in the hundreds already. You are a fool to think that Abhisit hasn't bent over backwards to give these idiots every possible way out and each time they have spit in the face of him and the rest of Thailand.

YOu are the one way off base.

Thaksin is calling for returning to the negotiation table. I would much rather have Thaksin calling the shots than this braindead moron Abhisit.

thats rich coming from you Russell, you are hardly a representative example of a homosapien

more like the missing link.....

UN will send Troops in soon to stop the Government killing civilians.

Wow, that's going to cause a lot of brown trouser stains on all sides!

:)

All that UN troops do is observe.

The UN don't have the power to send troops in without the government's request. Ask the Burmese.

TAN Network: Pheu Thai Spokesman announced the party's plan to issue a letter to the UN to request foreign troops and get the matter to the World Court.