Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TNN: Khunying Potjaman left Thailand for Singapore. Chavalit to Kunming & Banharn will fly to HK.

Looks like my countries finest are taking a day of from ochestrating peace, and understanding.

Hope not Thaksin and Potjaman are going to hold a sleep-inn in Amsterdam like John and Ono for world peace

TIP: keep the word before sponsered out of your conversation!

Crystal Palace? Why are you using red font? Are you a communist?

nope but it took the readers attention, and yellow is hard to see in the background of white

Yep, I have to say I've been disappointed in CNN and BBC - the last one just started giving some bleeding heart spiel about how hard it is for protesters to lie on the floor for two months - please!

I guess part of the trouble is

i. they don't speak Thai and the majority have been flown in here from somewhere else, having read up from their own sources what is to be reported on.

ii. they are playing to int'l audience, who always love the 'poor protesters' versus 'authoritarian gov't' pitch.

Al Jazeera have had the best reports that i've seen, but haven't seen one from them today.

The BBC is the most unbiased news agency in the world. It is funded independently, not by taxpayers, but by individuals who want to use their service. And they do. And they have done for more than 50 years. If you slate the BBC, you slate all common sense. The BBC are not owned by the British government or the British military. If you want to be "disappointed" with a news agency, be "disappointed" with The Nation. Your name "dobadoy" says it all.

Among all of the retarded nonsense being posted on this forum, I think you are about to win a medal.

You don't even understand how BBC is funded, but you know everything else about them?

That is sweet.

Seriously, amount of childish stuff on this forum is beyond belief.

TNN: Khunying Potjaman left Thailand for Singapore. Chavalit to Kunming & Banharn will fly to HK.

Looks like my countries finest are taking a day of from ochestrating peace, and understanding.

Hope not Thaksin and Potjaman are going to hold a sleep-inn in Amsterdam like John and Ono for world peace

Noooooo, Potjaman and Banharn have just gone for weekend shopping as Central World is still closed. And Big Jiu might be in Kunming looking for a Chinese bird :)

The BBC is the most unbiased news agency in the world. It is funded independently, not by taxpayers, but by individuals who want to use their service. And they do. And they have done for more than 50 years. If you slate the BBC, you slate all common sense.

Not sure I'd agree with this. Personally, I find the BBC quite slanted in its reporting. It has an invidious habit of - if not outright lying - then at the very least biasing its reporting by the selective omission of important details.

Yep, I have to say I've been disappointed in CNN and BBC - the last one just started giving some bleeding heart spiel about how hard it is for protesters to lie on the floor for two months - please!

i. they don't speak Thai and the majority have been flown in here from somewhere else, having read up from their own sources what is to be reported on.

ii. they are playing to int'l audience, who always love the 'poor protesters' versus 'authoritarian gov't' pitch.

Al Jazeera have had the best reports that i've seen, but haven't seen one from them today.

Sorry but what kind of comments is this (ii)? The audience of BBC and CNN is the average conservative anti-demonstration western citizen. BBC and CNN have never talked about "authoritarian government" in Thailand. Get a grip! Stop to see everything under red/yellow filters!

I'm sorry for you, but you're wrong. CNN is considered by all in the US to be very left. What little BBC I have watched seemed to me to be in the same vein. Nobody here in the US is anti-demonstration; everyone here is against violent demonstrations. Especially when they promote anarchy e.g. looting. Remember what the govt. did against the Branch Davidians. It was because they had war weapons. Women and children are not enough to shield violent anti-govt. radicals from justice. If you want to live in a peaceful society, you must follow some rules. After the 2000 presidential election, when the Supreme Court of the US gave the election to George Bush, the Democrats did not try to bring down the government. Now the Democrats are back in power and nobody had to die to achieve that. Most people, who some on this forum claim to be anti-red, are only against the Red's methods of advancing their cause.

The BBC is the most unbiased news agency in the world. It is funded independently, not by taxpayers, but by individuals who want to use their service. And they do. And they have done for more than 50 years. If you slate the BBC, you slate all common sense. The BBC are not owned by the British government or the British military. If you want to be "disappointed" with a news agency, be "disappointed" with The Nation. Your name "dobadoy" says it all.

Among all of the retarded nonsense being posted on this forum, I think you are about to win a medal.

You don't even understand how BBC is funded, but you know everything else about them?

That is sweet.

I agree, ignoring people with opinions that differ from your own on a discussion forum is very childish.

it is a requirement of UK law that if you own a TV set, you must have a TV Licence (BBC subscription) whether you watch the BBC or not... There is no choice, you must pay for the BBC (or break the law)

Incorrect. You need to learn your law. If you want to bring "UK law" into this debate (which is totally irrelevant by the way - as all of you Yellows seem very good at), tell me, if I owned a handheld TV in the UK, would I need a licence? Or a Black and white TV? Or a UHF radio receiver? What are you going to reply to this I wonder? Bringing "law" into the debate opens all kinds of cans of worms, like killing 51 of your own people using taxpayers money. Think about it.

That is sweet.

He just forgot to type n't after every verb, but for the rest he's right

probably problems with his keyboard

What's the point of joining a discussion forum if you're going to ignore anyone who doesn't agree with you? Kind of defeats the purpose right? If all you want to read is the same comments from the same side then just get a subscription to The Nation and be done with it?

I thought that too but there are a lot of posters that I have now put on my ignore list because they don't discuss, they just spout propaganda.

The only ones I put on my ignore list are the incredibly boring!

PM is on all channels now.... Dunno what he is saying. Anyone?

He is pleading w/Red Shirt Mob to allow/send women and children home because what has been started will not end and the reds must disperse.

this should have happened already long ago, they should not have been brought in the first place, although I think that some women in Thailand have made history being stronger than men (Two Heroines Monument in Phuket)

Amazed at the number of posters on this forum who seem to think women are equivalent to children.

"Go home!" "Yes dear".

read before you write

They shoot a red, a Thai General, and think they are safe?

No man is bullit proof.

Lots of Thai military snipers who love their general can and will take revenge.

New movie titles

Bangkok Very Very Dangerous.

Bangkok Burning

War and Peace Thailand

The Rise and Fall

What do you mean the beer is gone?

Is cambodia nice?

Thai Military love Thai people-dead

Indonnesia revolt, THAI style.

Hey, those American Aircraft Carriers are close

Assassinations can go on and on on all sides.

Are those issan slaves worth the death of Thailand?

Rich old jerks

Upper Class scum

So you idiots think your sht does not stink?

Dumb Dumber and Dumbest

I did not kill my brother

However you can't go around slandering the other side with all kinds of names, and then not expect to get some of those back on occasion. 'Terrorist' is another one of those words you may expect to get back. (Not by me of course, but don't start crying when you hear the word back to describe the actions of the military.)

How can government forces possibly be terrorists? It's a contradiction in terms.

Not at all. If the security forces of a state are terrorizing a section of that state's civilian population, they are by definition terrorists. Think Zimbabwe a couple of years ago for a clear-cut and particularly extreme example of this.

I never doubt that Abhisit has the majority, technically he has, but a PM, a country's leader needs more qualities than just a small small majority of MPs vote for him. He is not the man that can pacify the divided country. This government is a failure, they divided the country even more and do horrible damage that will need more than a generation to heal. Abhisit has become an ugly dictator.

And luckily for Thailand he has those extra qualities. He has steered this country through a very difficult time, with the minimum of casualties. Can you imagine the carnage if it was your standard leader from recent Thai history? Well you don't have to imagine - you can look it up.

The BBC is the most unbiased news agency in the world. It is funded independently, not by taxpayers, but by individuals who want to use their service. And they do.

quite wrong...

it is a requirement of UK law that if you own a TV set, you must have a TV Licence (BBC subscription) whether you watch the BBC or not... There is no choice, you must pay for the BBC (or break the law)

Yes but this is the common system in Europe you know. The same holds for France, Germany Spain, etc. And this is why the majority of media in Europe (including of course BBC) are totally independent; because everybody will pay and there is no need for "corporations" to fund them.

Sorry but what kind of comments is this (ii)? The audience of BBC and CNN is the average conservative anti-demonstration western citizen. BBC and CNN have never talked about "authoritarian government" in Thailand. Get a grip! Stop to see everything under red/yellow filters!

I'm sorry for you, but you're wrong. CNN is considered by all in the US to be very left. What little BBC I have watched seemed to me to be in the same vein. Nobody here in the US is anti-demonstration; everyone here is against violent demonstrations. Especially when they promote anarchy e.g. looting. Remember what the govt. did against the Branch Davidians. It was because they had war weapons. Women and children are not enough to shield violent anti-govt. radicals from justice. If you want to live in a peaceful society, you must follow some rules. After the 2000 presidential election, when the Supreme Court of the US gave the election to George Bush, the Democrats did not try to bring down the government. Now the Democrats are back in power and nobody had to die to achieve that. Most people, who some on this forum claim to be anti-red, are only against the Red's methods of advancing their cause.

Exactly.

Incorrect. You need to learn your law. If you want to bring "UK law" into this debate (which is totally irrelevant by the way - as all of you Yellows seem very good at), tell me, if I owned a handheld TV in the UK, would I need a licence? Or a Black and white TV? Or a UHF radio receiver? What are you going to reply to this I wonder? Bringing "law" into the debate opens all kinds of cans of worms, like killing 51 of your own people using taxpayers money. Think about it.

There are different prices for colour and black and white tv licences...and yes if you own a TV you need a TV licencse...the clues are in the wording "TV License" not "Can Watch BBC License"....Numpty. Are you even from the UK?! You can argue with the BBC as long as you want "I dont watch anything from the BBC" you still have to pay!!

Exactly.

Yeah.

I agree

Why are you Thais so impatient?

It has only been 19 coups.

We pay you 2000 baht a month so be thankful and kiss my rich chinese Thai arse.

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

It costs £145.50 for colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence."

from the TV Licensing website ..here..

and don't call me a 'yellow'

That is sweet.

He just forgot to type n't after every verb, but for the rest he's right

probably problems with his keyboard

Do you know what a verb is?

CNN probably looks very left wing to anybody who considers Fox news to be "Fair and Balanced". To the rest of the world it looks pretty mainstream American, i.e. centre-right at best.

That is sweet.

Yeah. I don't know anything. Tell me, why is the licence fee for the BBC kept separate from any other tax - income tax, VAT, local council tax? It's for a reason. To remain "independent", whoever is in power at Number 10. So if anyone harps on about the BBC being biased, especially in this world of sponsored TV news, they need a reality check. God dam_n you Republicans!

However you can't go around slandering the other side with all kinds of names, and then not expect to get some of those back on occasion. 'Terrorist' is another one of those words you may expect to get back. (Not by me of course, but don't start crying when you hear the word back to describe the actions of the military.)

How can government forces possibly be terrorists? It's a contradiction in terms.

Not at all. If the security forces of a state are terrorizing a section of that state's civilian population, they are by definition terrorists. Think Zimbabwe a couple of years ago for a clear-cut and particularly extreme example of this.

How do you call a bunch of civilians terrorizing a section of that state's civilian population, if you call the army "terrorists"? :)

Are you seriously comparing Thai army now to Zimbabwe?

I am not sure if you people are for real, or just endlessly trolling...

They shoot a red, a Thai General, and think they are safe?

No man is bullit proof.

Lots of Thai military snipers who love their general can and will take revenge.

New movie titles

Bangkok Very Very Dangerous.

Bangkok Burning

War and Peace Thailand

The Rise and Fall

What do you mean the beer is gone?

Is cambodia nice?

Thai Military love Thai people-dead

Indonnesia revolt, THAI style.

Hey, those American Aircraft Carriers are close

Assassinations can go on and on on all sides.

Are those issan slaves worth the death of Thailand?

Rich old jerks

Upper Class scum

So you idiots think your sht does not stink?

Dumb Dumber and Dumbest

I did not kill my brother

Thanks for highliting and educating us about Mr. Thaksin, Chavalit and more PPP leaders.

For some yellow folks who aren't so good in English. I have underlined for you this kind man's expressions about what he thinks of Mr. Thaksin and his friends.

(underlining without cost)

CNN probably looks very left wing to anybody who considers Fox news to be "Fair and Balanced". To the rest of the world it looks pretty mainstream American, i.e. centre-right at best.

I'm not sure how much TV anyone who thinks Fox is "fair and balanced" is allowed to watch per day. I'm sure the doctors restict it.

Edited by CheeseHammer

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

It costs £145.50 for colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence."

from the TV Licensing website ..here..

and don't call me a 'yellow'

Just shows you how much else of what he posts is worth reading when he is arguing a point that can be easily verified as untrue.

Sorry, I like and I trust CNN a lot. Fox News is for children who want to learn about news debating methods - using children's stories as examples. Fox has actually been taught in the UK in A Level Mass Com as an example of creating a story from nothing through lies and deception.

Exactly.

Yeah.

I agree

Why are you Thais so impatient?

It has only been 19 coups.

We pay you 2000 baht a month so be thankful and kiss my rich chinese Thai arse.

And you think this is the best method to advance their cause?