Dutchie Yoghurt

sbaker8688

I have taken to eating a few cups per day of that Dutchie yoghurt that you can buy at a 7 eleven for 10 baht. I do this simply because its cheap (it tastes okay too). But it occurred to me that I cannot read Thai, and therefore I do not know if this is lowfat yoghurt or not.

Can tell me whether or not it is lowfat yoghurt? Can you tell me anything else good or bad?

Thanks.

My g/f prefers it to other local brands. I didn't bother to do deeper resaerch :o

the best one however is by Chitralada Royal project - although somehow so far I saw it sold only in Jusco. oh, there is also their special shop next to exit 1 of Kaphaeng Phet subway station, near to JJ market. this yougurt tastest much more natural than dutcie. and they have writings in Engl too.

I dont know about that brand, but can tell you if it looks thick and rich, its generally got a reasonable amount of sugar and fat in it. I cant read thai but i eat the Nestle LC1 brand, its consistency appears to be like that of a low fat yohgurt if thats what your after :o Get it at any Lotus......

To me Dutchie yoghurt tastes like it has a high percentage of powder milk in it. Fresh milk yoghurt is much better and of course the higher the fat content the better the flavor/texture. I don't eat much yoghurt so I can't recommend.

My problem is, I just can't find real yogurt in this country! It is always with fruits, or even the so-called "plain" yogurs is with sugar added. Does anyone know of a brand that is really PLAIN PLAIN yogurt with no additives?

I have taken to eating a few cups per day of that Dutchie yoghurt that you can buy at a 7 eleven for 10 baht.  I do this simply because its cheap (it tastes okay too).  But it occurred to me that I cannot read Thai, and therefore I do not know if this is lowfat yoghurt or not.

Can tell me whether or not it is lowfat yoghurt?  Can you tell me anything else good or bad?

Thanks.

It's not low fat. It's 6% fat whereas a "true" low-fat here like Foremost, which is plainly marked in English as low-fat, is 2%. Better switch yoghurts. Same price.

My problem is, I just can't find real yogurt in this country! It is always with fruits, or even the so-called "plain" yogurs is with sugar added. Does anyone know of a brand that is really PLAIN  PLAIN yogurt with no additives?

That wouldn't be the Thai way at all. No. You have your choices: sugar, chillies, or both, and yoghurt just looks too much like ice cream to be stuffed w/ chillies.

Next life, maybe. But at least you can order your coffee black w/ no sugar, and you can often avoid salad dressings. Don't mind the stares and horrified exclamations :o.

I do note that Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max are becoming more widely available.

Edited by JSixpack

My problem is, I just can't find real yogurt in this country! It is always with fruits, or even the so-called "plain" yogurs is with sugar added. Does anyone know of a brand that is really PLAIN  PLAIN yogurt with no additives?

That wouldn't be the Thai way at all. No. You have your choices: sugar, chillies, or both, and yoghurt just looks too much like ice cream to be stuffed w/ chillies.

Next life, maybe. But at least you can order your coffee black w/ no sugar, and you can often avoid salad dressings. Don't mind the stares and horrified exclamations :o.

I do note that Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max are becoming more widely available.

Buy a yoghurt maker from a an electrical appliance shop. Tesco have the low fat product. Overnight fresh yoghurt add fresh fruit if you desire.

Easy

"Buy a yoghurt maker from a an electrical appliance shop. Tesco have the low fat product. Overnight fresh yoghurt add fresh fruit if you desire.

Easy"

A Yoghurt maker?? Never heard of these. Where do they sell them?

As for the coffey, yeah, it raises a lot of eyebrows when you order it without sugar (gave up ordering it "mai wan" - not sweet, because it was still killingly sweet then :o )

if you find any good plain yoghurt, without sugar, which is not pateurized (spelling???) and it should be sauer, please let me know!

Both my Thai wife and I love it. As well she eats plain sauerkraut so not all thais like that sweet style....

"Buy a yoghurt maker from a an electrical appliance shop. Tesco have the low fat product. Overnight fresh yoghurt add fresh fruit if you desire.

Easy"

A Yoghurt maker?? Never heard of these. Where do they sell them?

As for the coffey, yeah, it raises a lot of eyebrows when you order it without sugar (gave up ordering it "mai wan" - not sweet, because it was still killingly sweet then :o )

Edited by h90