Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Iphone In Pattaya

anotheruser

Tesco lotus on North pattaya road has a true move shop and a sepparate true kiosk at the entrance that has the only purpose of sellin the iphone.I also saw that the Dtac shop in the same tesco advertises the Iphone 3Gs.

Okay thanks for the info guys. I will try tesco on the north road. I do want a valid warranty and that is the reason I asked. Cheers

dont forget you are buying a phone that does not loke being unlocked and will grass you up to apple the first chance it gets--------by an inernet connection of its own---------and cant possibly work properly without 3g which is for all purposes non- existant in thailand

Okay thanks for the info guys. I will try tesco on the north road. I do want a valid warranty and that is the reason I asked. Cheers

dont forget you are buying a phone that does not loke being unlocked and will grass you up to apple the first chance it gets--------by an inernet connection of its own---------and cant possibly work properly without 3g which is for all purposes non- existant in thailand

I'm using my HK iPhone here in Jomtien. My local service provider is True and I bought their baht 349 package which allows for 100 hours of GPRS/Edge/Wifi and a trial 30 hours of 3G, all good for 30 days. In general, it works, but not very fast and the 3G is only available in limited locations. The one big problem though is that with the iPhone, even if you're not using the internet, the clock is still ticking (supposedly this is unique to the iPhone). In the past,they had an unlimited package for 599, so it didn't matter if the clock was always ticking!

My solution is to leave it on airplane mode all the time, except when I need to use the Internet or the data-reliant apps. I then use a second mobile/sim card for voice calls. A bit cumbersome I know, but...

Also bear in mind that the iPhone can be used for internet access without a data sim card, if one only uses Wifi.

I'm using my HK iPhone here in Jomtien. My local service provider is True and I bought their baht 349 package which allows for 100 hours of GPRS/Edge/Wifi and a trial 30 hours of 3G, all good for 30 days. In general, it works, but not very fast and the 3G is only available in limited locations. The one big problem though is that with the iPhone, even if you're not using the internet, the clock is still ticking (supposedly this is unique to the iPhone). In the past,they had an unlimited package for 599, so it didn't matter if the clock was always ticking!

My solution is to leave it on airplane mode all the time, except when I need to use the Internet or the data-reliant apps. I then use a second mobile/sim card for voice calls. A bit cumbersome I know, but...

Also bear in mind that the iPhone can be used for internet access without a data sim card, if one only uses Wifi.

the bloody things are overated and more trouble than they are worth------------throw it away

I paid 27,000 baht for the iphone in Chiang Mai. It worked fairly well for 2 weeks, then it started acting crazy with the graphics, making the iphone totally unusable. A piece of crap in my opinion.

Then I bought a blackberry phone for 22,000 baht and a E63 Nokia for 7,500 baht...3 weeks later, and everything is working fine :)

the bloody things are overated and more trouble than they are worth------------throw it away

Why don't you say something useful or GTFO? I didn't ask your moronic opinions of the phone. I did ask where to get one.

You realise that 3G phones work on edge, GPRS or 3G right?

Wow lots of misinformation and untruths here. Do people deliberately lie or just say whatever they want whenever they want regardless of knowing ANYTHING about what they are talking about? Neilf in particular, did you actually try to say the iphone doesnt work in Thailand? Just be quiet.

If you buy an iphone from a legit dealer (like True, Dtac) then it will be factory unlocked and work with any simcard and update with itunes legitimately with no problems EVER. So buy one of those.

Also, the use of the internet can be stopped completely if you simply turn off the right settings. If you jailbreak your iphone and install apps from cydia then you run the risk of draining internet, so if you install those check your usage every hour and make sure the app you installed is not draining your time.

My suggestion is to just close this thread. My question was answered already and every other post that doesn't pertain to locations to get an iPhone in Pattaya are utterly pointless. I don't remember naming the thread "let's debate the merits of the iPhone".

I originally put this in the Pattaya forum (where I believe it should have stayed) to ask only about locations in PATTAYA. Had I wanted some ongoing debate I would have posted in the Apple forum.

I did answer you, you ungrateful schmuck. I said go buy it at true or dtac because everyone else will sell you an iphone that requires unlocking and is a major hassle. I dont know where they are in Pattaya and am not going to hold your hand and lead you there. But best to buy it at True. Schmuck :)

ummm Okay. I said I already had the info. Either A. learn how to read or B. take your meds. My point was because the question was answered so there is no further point of this thread. Your latest post only confirms this. Okay schmuck?

As far as the phone sucking data when you do not want it to just change the APN to anything you want. That ends that problem no need to go into airplane mode and no need to jailbreak.

Edited by anotheruser

ummm Okay. I said I already had the info. Either A. learn how to read or B. take your meds. My point was because the question was answered so there is no further point of this thread. Your latest post only confirms this. Okay schmuck?

As far as the phone sucking data when you do not want it to just change the APN to anything you want. That ends that problem no need to go into airplane mode and no need to jailbreak.

I was teasing you by replying to you when you went out of your way to reply to me and tell me not to answer. You didnt get that so I'm explaining now, next time no need to tell people not to answer you. We have now wasted several responses that shouldnt even exist because you are such a schmuck you NEED to tell people not to answer you AFTER they have tried to help you and answer you. Truly, this is schmuck behaviour, it should go in the dictionary it exudes so much schmuckiness.

You are wrong about changing the apn settings, that does not work on AIS, they have auto settings seperate from what you input into your iphone and they ignore your settings and place their own automatically. Also, even if it did work, that is a far greater hassle to change apn settings needlessly when you can set your settings to turn off push and location and it will keep your internet off unless you jailbreak which opens you up to apps that can suck data.

So I went to True at the Tesco and got the phone. One thing I can say is the True staff are utterly incompetent. They didn't know how to register prepaid data and kept trying to sign me up for a plan although I am leaving Thailand tomorrow. I finally just walked out and got a DTAC SIM and everything is fine.

So word of warning you can buy it at True but bring your own SIM and don't ask them for anything other than activating the phone.