Three More Dead In Fresh Bangkok Violence

webfact

Some other pix of the same...

31196_126599080685544_125738264104959_332505_3479945_n.jpg

Another angel of another pix..

So a pix tells only so much.... A moment in time.. Thats all..

Lets hope for and end... Sooner the better..

Anyone else see something odd here? Did they send out four people to lie down next to a person who was shot? Or is the entire thing staged?

28931_397050999094_778009094_3958483_2895502_n.jpg

As I said, red shirt propaganda attempt - first they took a pic of one guy and a couple of bottles of ketchup - didn't look exiting enough so the rest of the crew lay down to make it have more impact - one could laugh if it wasn't so bloody stupid and sad - what a deranged bunch of wanke_rs

Looks to me like they are keeping the F*kin heads down, not playing dead. But I guess it depends on what you want it to be??....chai mai?

i think your only saying these things to get a response and rile people ( facetious ) them pics speak for themselves and you know it...you will get no more

responces from me big chief... thank you and out ...

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A moment of levity people.

This has to be one of the best photographs to come out the current chaos.

http://tweetphoto.com/22491985

The only thing that could make the photograph better would be for the women to be talking on the telephone. Oblivious, totally oblivious.

Greet indeed.

On her way to the spa, get your priorities straight!

Edited by wlcart

Does anybody have any factual information on the current situation in Soi Rangnam. I read that it is under curfew and has been declared a live fire zone but this street is over a kilometre away from the Rachaprasong barricades.

May'be I wanted to go that way and a motercycle taxi driver told me not to g. motorists and reporter are not alowed there.

reds are fighting for democracy. they ask for reelection. so the who support the gov are simply brainless nazi.

you are the brainless one here

following insane red leaders that sprout undemocratic violence.

the reds don't want democracy..they want a free ride.."give me money so I don't have to work"

Obviously, you have not been around Thailand very long. Who do you believe grows the local food and raw materials within Thailand? Who drives the taxis, buses, etc.? Who are the majority of the people in the military? Who are the majority of the people who work the low paid service industries in BKK and the tourist towns? They are rural people (non-BKK, Pattaya, Phuket) who, in general, side with the red shirts. Redshirts and their supporters are harder working people than most of the elites who sit in cozy desk chairs.

I have been traveling around LOS for the past 1 1/2 years shooting film footage of muay thai and wildlife/nature related activity. I have been all over the country and been in almost every province except a few in the deep south. I have had many different Thai film crew members on my staff during this time. Many speak English somewhat well. My Thai girlfriend travels with me approx. 70 % of the time. I talk with them and her and they relay information to me. I can tell you that the majority of Thais support the redshirts even though they might not support the long demonstrations in BKK. Many of these "reds" are extremely hard working people and without them Thai society would be in trouble. They are the producers in LOS. They are not pencil-pushing elites sitting in a cubicle in a highrise in BKK...not breaking a sweat. i

I suggest you travel throughout all of Thailand like I have and maybe you will learn something about LOS. I have been in LOS and the neighboring countries off and on for about nine years. It sounds like you are a newbie who hangs out in some tourist area or BKK. FYI...most Thais outside of BKK do not even consider BKK part of "Thailand". They consider it a corrupt, spoiled, foreign, non-Thai cultured enclave. If you are man enough I suggest you travel throughout LOS for a few years... into all the non-tourist towns and provinces and talk with the majority of the masses and enlighten yourself. Come to Cambodia with me. I will show you a thing or two.

Khun Boran Khmer

You must have travelled around a different one that I did :) I see so many social problems thru the lack of the things you describe that it's no wonder the countrys at war with itself

You even use a Thai name(isn't that special). I agree with the responses to your 'travel thru Thailand' speech. You seem to have been brainwashed by you GF or something. Are you sure it was Thailand you traveled around?

"On Thursday night renegade general Khattiya Sawasdipol, a key Red Shirt supporter, was shot in the head near the rally site.

He was in a slightly improved condition Saturday but still in a critical state, said Chaiwan Charoenchokethavee, director of Vachira hospital."

This man is dead already. Army coverup.

No he is not...I spoke to him this evening...

Anyone else hearing there are people on the platform and the tracks at BTS Chitlom?

Just spoke to my Mrs. who is station supervisor at BTS National Stadium.

Red Shirts have entered Chidlom, Siam and Rajadamri stations and are in the control rooms there. They forced the supervisors to leave.

There are no BTS staff at those three stations now, only protesters.

Thanks for the update.

And they say they are only peaceful protestors

This is an act of terrorism against the people of Bangkok

Anyone else hearing there are people on the platform and the tracks at BTS Chitlom?

Just spoke to my Mrs. who is station supervisor at BTS National Stadium.

Red Shirts have entered Chidlom, Siam and Rajadamri stations and are in the control rooms there. They forced the supervisors to leave.

There are no BTS staff at those three stations now, only protesters.

Thanks for the update.

And they say they are only peaceful protestors

This is an act of terrorism against the people of Bangkok

I wonder if someone will think it is a good time to turn the power back on tracks to see if they are working properly

So I suppose the fact that the government has proposed a timeline for elections (more than a year ahead of schedule) is completely wasted on you. That is so typical of fanatical supporters of ANY faction. You and your kind only choose to pay attention to the facts that support your belief.

And since when is forcing an election through the use of illegal activities any part of a true democracy?

if its democracy you are talking about then when is an army coup against an elected government and the inability of the elected to restand again any kind of democracy...

you forget what the yellows done to get their people in to power and did the army start shooting them...have elections and let the people speak,,thats democacy...

When was there an army coup against an elected government?

So I suppose the fact that the government has proposed a timeline for elections (more than a year ahead of schedule) is completely wasted on you. That is so typical of fanatical supporters of ANY faction. You and your kind only choose to pay attention to the facts that support your belief.

And since when is forcing an election through the use of illegal activities any part of a true democracy?

if its democracy you are talking about then when is an army coup against an elected government and the inability of the elected to restand again any kind of democracy...

you forget what the yellows done to get their people in to power and did the army start shooting them...have elections and let the people speak,,thats democacy...

Get you facts correct

There was no government in Power when the coup happened

There where 2 Tasking parliament in power after the coup that where Taskin backed

so if there was an un democratic government after the coup

they must have been the 2 Taskin backed Governments

TIT :)

Yes. I wasn't really expecting the whole list. It's just that most red supporters mistakenly think that Thaksin was an elected PM when the coup occurred.

PM just said: If govt turns back, this will set a standard of using armed groups to overthrow government.

Yes, we all know that the right way to overthrow the government is to march to the airport and refuse to leave....

I still think the double standard is shocking. Yes, this has become violent and out of control. Yes it has to be stopped.

No doubt the airport siege would have also turned violent had the army gone in. The yellow siege is highly relevant to the current situation as it set a precedent for the effective way to force political change here. Both protests should have been stopped in the very beginning as they would have in any 'normal' country.

PM just said: If govt turns back, this will set a standard of using armed groups to overthrow government.

Yes, we all know that the right way to overthrow the government is to march to the airport and refuse to leave....

I still think the double standard is shocking. Yes, this has become violent and out of control. Yes it has to be stopped.

No doubt the airport siege would have also turned violent had the army gone in. The yellow siege is highly relevant to the current situation as it set a precedent for the effective way to force political change here. Both protests should have been stopped in the very beginning as they would have in any 'normal' country.

Sorry, trying to excuse this rebellion with what happened at the airport may satisfy you, but for the rest of the world, has come back a big thumbs down.

I never realized that the Western Howler Monkey had a vested interest in Thai politics. Perhaps Rush has recently become heavily invested in BKK based holdings.

For those of you keeping the flow of unbiased information available to the lurkers, thank you.

Edited by DingoWarrior

Very sad pictures :)

l20h.jpg

Forgot to add some information to the picture

7 killed and 101 injured Nine people are in critical conditions including a 10 year old boy.

With many families on the protest site and the indiscriminating shooting by the Thai military it’s a wonder that no child has been shot.

However last night a 10 year old boy was seriously shot in the abdomen when the van he was traveling in failed to slow down at a check-point.

Source: Daily News Thailand

Standard Geneva convention rules of war

The soldiers had no idea who was inside or the vehicles purpose

Normal logic when a soldier holding a gun says stop. you stop

Sorry, trying to excuse this rebellion with what happened at the airport may satisfy you, but for the rest of the world, has come back a big thumbs down.

Yeah, its just me against the world. Maybe you need to read my post again. Both protests should have been stopped right away. The yellow siege was successful - one of the main guys was made Foreign Minister. This set a precedent. The army and police shouldn't have taken sides. They should have enforced the law. They didn't. When the reds came out, they didn't bother to enforce the law either. What would happen to protesters at LAX in the US or in Times Square who refused to leave? They would be arrested right away regardless of where the sympathies of the security forces lay. Because the law is the law. But not here.

If the Reds want political reform they should go through the correct channels.

Please remove these red shirts so people can get back to their normal lives.

"By any means necessary"

Have you heard the story about the black man sitting under the mango tree? Apparently not.

Just tell me, all of you blood thirsty western people; What would happen in your streets if your government removed all social benefits in your country. We all know. Greek would be a kindergarten in comparison. :)

why do you think westerners are bloodthirsty? We don't like violence either. ...but the Thai 'Rambos' who happen to be red-shirts need to prove they are 'men' or something. The red leaders are unreasonable, TOTALLY. They have had no plan on really negotiating like educated people. They only want THEIR way and THEIR way only by using intimidation and threats..and if that means people dying...well, THEY don't care ..THEY just wanna win, because if they don't, they will lose face. ..and we can't lose face now, can we? You must do anything, ANYTHING to not lose face here.

It may have escaped people's attention but there have been at least 2 grenade attacks on the Lumpini police station, specifically targeting the barracks area where the officers and their families [women and children] have quarters.

This is not so one sided as some here wish to portray it, sadly.

Regards

Yeah, its just me against the world. Maybe you need to read my post again. Both protests should have been stopped right away. The yellow siege was successful - one of the main guys was made Foreign Minister. This set a precedent. The army and police shouldn't have taken sides. They should have enforced the law. They didn't. When the reds came out, they didn't bother to enforce the law either. What would happen to protesters at LAX in the US or in Times Square who refused to leave? They would be arrested right away regardless of where the sympathies of the security forces lay. Because the law is the law. But not here.

The yellow siege wasn't "successful". The yellows were there to stop Somchai from landing (forget where from). The whole yellow protest (8 months) was to stop the PPP from changing the constitution to get Thaksin off his crimes.

The court decision disbanding the PPP was going to happen anyway, with or without the yellows.

sorry about that.

My condolences to those who have died.My condolences to their families.My condolences to the business people who are no longer in business. My condolences to the Thai reputation as a happy friendly place to come that has been callously killed by the display at hand.

Sadness fills my heart as I see and hear.

All are being damaged by this.It is not longer a Red/Yellow fight.It is no longer a poor vs rich fight.It is not about winning anymore.

It is about what is right and what is wrong.Where has the humanity gone?................... 

Humanity  HA !

Read some history :)

Edited by BNZ

The yellow siege wasn't "successful". The yellows were there to stop Somchai from landing (forget where from). The whole yellow protest (8 months) was to stop the PPP from changing the constitution to get Thaksin off his crimes.

The court decision disbanding the PPP was going to happen anyway, with or without the yellows.

Let me try another angle. They just gave 6 months in jail to a number of protesters. Good. Now how many yellows did jail time after taking over the international airport? This makes it easy to convince people that there is a double standard.

Abhisit looks very stressed now on TV. Follow his eye-leads, very unusual rhythm. He obviously tries to cover his stress.

Understandable he looks stressed, some here on the forum earlier reported he was shot in the head!?

Seah deng was not looking better than this after he got hit

l20h.jpg

7 killed and 101 injured Nine people are in critical conditions including a 10 year old boy.

With many families on the protest site and the indiscriminating shooting by the Thai military it’s a wonder that no child has been shot.

However last night a 10 year old boy was seriously shot in the abdomen when the van he was traveling in failed to slow down at a check-point.

Standard Geneva convention rules of war

The soldiers had no idea who was inside or the vehicles purpose

Normal logic when a soldier holding a gun says stop. you stop

For gods sake.. Do you people not read ??

He wasnt inside the vehicle.. Troops shooting hit at the vehicle hit bystanders.

l20h.jpg

With many families on the protest site and the indiscriminating shooting by the Thai military it's a wonder that no child has been shot.

Misinformation!!!!! That 10 year old boy was not in that van. He was on a foot path and was lying down when the incident happened, in addition was another person injured--a taxi driver. The oy was at the site and a solder told the boy to go home unfortunately he decided not to follow that advise, then the van came speeding into the scene and the rest is history.

However it happened I hope he gets better :D

Lets hope no more children are injured