Thai Court Jails 27 Protesters For Six Months

webfact

Let's see. the government under Thaksin buy's land for 2 Billion baht than has it appraised under Thaksin by the bank under his controll at 700 Million baht and his wife buys it for 772 Million and the government did not make a loss because honest Thaksin . Pojaman paid above the appraisal ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmmmm :) and you red muppets say it was an honest deal ..... and you are serious ?? you are either blind, stupid or so brainwashed that reality has no meaning what so ever for you anymore

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone noticed that all the people being killed are civillians, :D if the red shirts had weapons as the government keeps stating then why have soldiers not died, or got injured. Strange that, every report states it.

Regardless of the situation now the thai government is creating its own terrorist`s by these actions, the poor people will stay poor, under and educated,so as to aid the rich elite running this country, one sided democracy will never work.

What have the protesters to look forward to, if anyone thinks their lives are worth living they must be mad, hence they will stay and get killed. :D

Still no yellow shirts charged Wow there`s a shock eh :D

The outcome will be a bigger divide, then bombings shootings BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I hope the premier is happy with his actions ,those of a coward, they will be repaid as history has always shown.

The land of Smiles with its 3 Tier system Rich Yellow Poor Red Foreign Any.

Shame,

:)

You forget about April 10 when 6 soldiers were killed and 200+ injured. This time the army are not falling into the reds traps and are being more careful.

I can't believe that you still think this is about the poor! If the government stand down now, what will that lead to? It will show the reds that they can get their way with violence. They already showed that by threatening anyone who tries to speak out against them. How many grenades have been thrown at anti-red establishments or protests?

Minority mobs need to be shown that violent protests are not the way forward to democracy.

Did this impostor for a poster realize that it's not only civilians being killed? Did this impostor for poster not see on the news today of a mob of red shirts that dragged a soldier out of his truck and beat him in the head with bricks until some guy came up and shot him point blank? And just like on the television, the people watched the killer get on a motorcycle and ride off, doing nothing. What do you mean "if" the red shirts have weapons? Are you suggesting the army is throwing grenades at themselves? Are you on another planet? The media has been posting the number of soldiers dead and wounded, as well as showing the funerals on TV. Yellow shirts have been charged. Most western countries are a 3 tier system, Rich, very few middle class and a lot of poor. The three tier system you talk about of Rich Yellow Poor Red Foreign Any adds up to 5 (five) unless you're counting Any. I'm thinking this must be how the world looks through beer bottle lenses. :D

A 10 year old boy shot dead today.

gallery_327_1086_19838.jpg

The Thai Armies have Cross too many lines to go back.

The Thai Government has now become a Rouge Nation.

The Chinese Government in their worst day never Opened Fire on a Crowd of Protestors.

Sure they beat people to death with Clubs, but never have they SHOT 10 Year Old Children and Elderly WOmen.

The Thai Government has become a Rouge Nation.

I'm not trying to be funny here - this situation is tragic, but I think you mean the Thai Government has become a Rogue nation, it is the protestors who are Rouge.

I suspect that this child's death was an accident. There are shots being fired from both sides. I am hearing from eyewitnesses that they have seen soldiers trying to avoid shooting at unarmed civilians. I have also heard about another child injured when some hardcore red-shirts fired a grenade at some police apartments. By all means, don't believe everything you hear from the government side, but try to realize there has been a lot of hyperbole, incitement, hatred, hypocrisy and lies put forth from the red stage as well.

[quote name='Creation27' post='3602926' date='2010-05-15 21:50:08'

Rouge, you mean, like "Red" in french?

If that was meant to be funny, you failed. Please show a little respect.

Why? According to the news the boy was in a van driven by a drunken adult who refused numerous requests to stop, you don't know the boy is in the van, what would you do? They found "large knives " in the van!

I also thought he meant "rouge" as in Kimer Rouge.

Do you have kids? What if this child were yours? I am sure that you would be screamin to high hel_l! I repeat please show a little respect for this child who will not have the opportunity to live as you have.

It is unnecessary for you to be so insensitive.

Do you have kids? What if this child were yours? I am sure that you would be screamin to high hel_l! I repeat please show a little respect for this child who will not have the opportunity to live as you have.

It is unnecessary for you to be so insensitive.

The child may be innocent but the parents should be locked up for manslaughter for a very long time and the father be castrated so he can't produce any more children to be placed into danger

isnt this the ten year olod that was shot as a bystander when the troops fired on a van carrying supplies to reds did not stop at barricade (checkpoint)?

Wasn't he in the van and was only discovered after it stopped?

Let's see. the government under Thaksin buy's land for 2 Billion baht than has it appraised under Thaksin by the bank under his controll at 700 Million baht and his wife buys it for 772 Million and the government did not make a loss because honest Thaksin . Pojaman paid above the appraisal ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmmmm :) and you red muppets say it was an honest deal ..... and you are serious ?? you are either blind, stupid or so brainwashed that reality has no meaning what so ever for you anymore

Bank of Thailand (BoT) bought the land in 1995. Thaksin became Prime Minister in Feb 2001. By the way, BoT is an independent institution from the government.

BoT also sold two slots adjacent to the one Pojaman bought during the same period (2003). Both were sold for a cheaper price per rai. There were no criminal investigations on these sales. No double standards?

Edited by chrislarsson

Red protesters get jailed for 6 months, not even 24 hours after being arrested.

And what about the yellows? 2 years after, still nothing.

The yellows also violated a state of emergency, my friends. What do they get? Oh right, one of their leaders gets the job as Foreign Minister. What a joke.

If you're not happy here or if the government doesn't keep you informed to your satisfaction....leave.

Keep from us forever your precious opinions and sneering rebukes...life is too short, even in blogs, to have it wasted by having to read your vitriol (even by accident!) :)

He states a fact sir - if you have a problem with other peoples opinions may i suggest you don't waste your time reading internet forums.

So effectively, Thaksin's wife paid MORE money than the land was appraised for, by the Bank of Thailand. Yet she and Thaksin are convicted of buying land for LESS than the actual value? Wow.

Talk about political witch-hunt. :)

Its actually even more farcical than that. Thaksin was not convicted for buying the land under the market value, but for insider trading because he was PM even though it was at a public auction, for which he was sentenced to two years imprisonment (the first jail sentence ever handed down for this charge). His wife, who bought the land, was not convicted of anything, and the same court that ruled that what he did was illegal ruled that her purchase was legal and allowed it to stand!

I am far from being a Thaksin fan, but I just cannot support the view that "well we know he's guilty of something and we can't find anything else, so this'll do". Similarly I find it rather pathetic that after three years of investigations costing millions of baht, and the non-stop accusations of corruption on a grand scale, so little evidence of corruption has been found and put forward that no specific charges of corruption have been made and the only charges supported by any evidence have been tax avoidance. As I can't quite see him as Al Capone (though some probably can), I can only put this down to those who would be in the frame with Thaksin now being in the present government, which wants to avoid losing their support (and its mandate to govern) at any cost.

'without probation' doesn't say that anything about bail. As usual the culprits will go to court, bail is set at 10 baht and they go free, bloody joke........

That is not the way I read it

They can be jailed up to 12 months

but as the confessed (confessed to what crime would be interesting)

they were given 6 months

This is a good start if true

the courts getting serious

the word will get back to the Redshirts up north

6 months in jail means ho money at harvest time

It is a good thing if ANY law enforcing body in Thailand is "getting serious".

I wouldn't call it so though, as long as the man who started all this walks

around scott free and lives a luxurious life in his Seewari2 residence up in

Rangsit bragging about his "bloodless" coup! If anyone is to obey the law,

it is mandatory that NOONE is lead to believe they are above the law.

We are currently learning the hard way how serious the repercussions for

letting that happen could get.

So effectively, Thaksin's wife paid MORE money than the land was appraised for, by the Bank of Thailand. Yet she and Thaksin are convicted of buying land for LESS than the actual value? Wow.

Its actually even more farcical than that. Thaksin was not convicted for buying the land under the market value, but for insider trading because he was PM even though it was at a public auction, for which he was sentenced to two years imprisonment (the first jail sentence ever handed down for this charge). His wife, who bought the land, was not convicted of anything, and the same court that ruled that what he did was illegal ruled that her purchase was legal and allowed it to stand!

I am far from being a Thaksin fan, but I just cannot support the view that "well we know he's guilty of something and we can't find anything else, so this'll do". Similarly I find it rather pathetic that after three years of investigations costing millions of baht, and the non-stop accusations of corruption on a grand scale, so little evidence of corruption has been found and put forward that no specific charges of corruption have been made and the only charges supported by any evidence have been tax avoidance. As I can't quite see him as Al Capone (though some probably can), I can only put this down to those who would be in the frame with Thaksin now being in the present government, which wants to avoid losing their support (and its mandate to govern) at any cost.

How is it farcical?

He was the PM. What was he doing heping his wife with a government land deal?

Interesting how many fans need to say that...and then proceed with the whitewash.

But then comrade when one is in a popular front, needs must.

facts are facts and he used his influence to cut this deal - how about the loan to Burma which he increased and all the equipment they bought was from his company ? no bullshit that at the time the company didn't belong to him, but to his children, wife and the maid ... how about changing the Telecom deal where he changed the rules in favor of his / sorry his wife's and maids and kids company ...... and the huge tax evasion and and and

you can not fool anyone with your red / Thaksin propaganda

Edited by BKjohn

Army seem to be shooting selves and gov in foot again as well as delivery men, medics, children, taxi drivers.

Some serious corrupt gov and elite is this if full force of army have to prop it up.... again.

Sick, and hope Abhisit never turns up in UK as warrent will await him.

Many thais in England see to that.. promise

What <deleted>! Do you have any possible reasoning or evidence to support this fantastic claim? For the most part, Thais here are ambivalent. Overseas they may be more polarised, but I don't see how they could affect the policing decisions of England.

As the days go on the red wedge seem to became more unhinged in their postings.

They cannot wait 6month for the election.

They are prepared to kill anyone in their way and wreck the country unless

they have their election now.

They are willing to die themselves for moving the election 6month.

Those 6months are more important than their own and their fellow Thais  lives...

It is like killing the waitress if you order food and it takes too long.

you: "I give you 2 more minutes to bring my fried rice, or I will try to kill everyone in here

I am willing to die for my timetable."

waitress: "But you get your rice in 15minutes...."

You: "Not soon enough tic tac hurry up I am setting up my M79 grenade launcher now"

'without probation' doesn't say that anything about bail. As usual the culprits will go to court, bail is set at 10 baht and they go free, bloody joke........

Bail is for when there is trial/verdict/sentencing set for a later date. It seems here that if they already received their sentences, then they must have been put through some super-expedited trial procedure. I'd assume then that their 6-month sentence would begin immediately. If they already confessed and pleaded guilty I don't think there is much chance of an appeal, though I'm no lawyer.

Let's not forget that these sentences were handed down based on State of Emergency Law which, most likely, gives Judges additional, and extraordinary, Judicial Powers, expedites the trial process and eliminates the need for bail postings.

Bail is for when there is trial/verdict/sentencing set for a later date. It seems here that if they already received their sentences, then they must have been put through some super-expedited trial procedure. I'd assume then that their 6-month sentence would begin immediately. If they already confessed and pleaded guilty I don't think there is much chance of an appeal, though I'm no lawyer.

Let's not forget that these sentences were handed down based on State of Emergency Law which, most likely, gives Judges additional, and extraordinary, Judicial Powers, expedites the trial process and eliminates the need for bail postings.

Thai law is simple, if you plead not guilty your lawyer may ask for bail. They pleaded guilty and were sentenced during the arraignment which is normal for any lesser sentences. The yellows pleaded not guilty and it can take anywhere up to two years or longer before trial depending on the case.

The armchair generals here are simply amazing - no other countries would shoot women and children? David koresh/USA, Londonderry... Bloody Sunday, Tiannemen, do please at least try and set the brain in gear before you post!

Then we hear all the crap about how the army are here defending the country, and peoples rights!

I thought the army was supposed to be here to defend against external threats? Like when the Japanese attacked in the North during the second World War ,and they surrendered within 4 hours! (But the Thais don't like to talk about that!!!!

Go look it up, the only victory the Thai army will ever have is over unnarmed civilians, wanke_rs!

Or in fighting, as when the then PM (Back in the days of Sarit and Co.) visited a navy ship off the coast of Thailand and the Navy held him hostage, so the army shelled the shit out of the Navy....yes, they are a great combined force.

The job of keeping law and order on the streets, I always believed, was a job for the police...where the fuc_k are they? This is not a job for the army, but the police don't want to know...and would you for 7K a month????

Edited by billythefish

Thai law is simple, if you plead not guilty your lawyer may ask for bail. They pleaded guilty and were sentenced during the arraignment which is normal for any lesser sentences. The yellows pleaded not guilty and it can take anywhere up to two years or longer before trial depending on the case. They are the video stars on Channel 7 and Channel 3 every morning, re enacting their crimes without even being brought before a court...pleading guilty... a plastic bag over the head must be great for clearing up crime!

The law is indeed simle here, contest it, you will get the maximum, grovel like a dog, make a police home video, say YES it was me, and get half the time...don't you ever notice how all of the people the police catch are already pleading guilty and making little movies? it hasn't even gone to trial yet! They know the score, better to agree to everything rather than try and prove you are innocent..

Edited by billythefish

The yellows also violated a state of emergency, my friends. What do they get? Oh right, one of their leaders gets the job as Foreign Minister. What a joke.

If you're not happy here or if the government doesn't keep you informed to your satisfaction....leave.

Keep from us forever your precious opinions and sneering rebukes...life is too short, even in blogs, to have it wasted by having to read your vitriol (even by accident!) :)

He states a fact sir - if you have a problem with other peoples opinions may i suggest you don't waste your time reading internet forums.

FACT WAS THAT SHOULD BE THE PROBLEM FROM SOMCHAI AND SAMAKS GOVERNMENTS, but they didn't act properly.

That is no excuse for blaming this government of doing their job during their administration.

THATS THE ONLY REAL NON PROPAGANDA FACTUM

The armchair generals here are simply amazing - no other countries would shoot women and children? David koresh/USA, Londonderry... Bloody Sunday, Tiannemen, do please at least try and set the brain in gear before you post!

Then we hear all the crap about how the army are here defending the country, and peoples rights!

I thought the army was supposed to be here to defend against external threats? Like when the Japanese attacked in the North during the second World War ,and they surrendered within 4 hours! (But the Thais don't like to talk about that!!!!

Go look it up, the only victory the Thai army will ever have is over unnarmed civilians, wanke_rs!

Or in fighting, as when the then PM visited a navy ship off the coast of Thailand and the Navy held him hostage, so the army shelled the shit out of the Navy....yes, they are a great combined force.

The job of keeping law and order on the streets, I always believed, was a job for the police...where the fuc_k are they? This is not a job for the army, but the police don't want to know...and would you for 7K a month????

Putting that brain in gear ??

To start with, the state of emergency has been declared at which point it is the army's job as it would be in any other country.

Second, no Thai policemen makes only 7k a month - they get commission of some 40% on every ticket they write + all the bribes they collect.

Third, they are totally incapable of doing any riot control because there is no special trained riot police in Thailand - there probably will be after all this but not yet - the cops here are at the most traffic cops

Let's hope the army doesn't screw this one up and that the <deleted> is over in a few day's

It is trully amusing to see how some of the farang in Thailand (assuming the 2nd poster falls under this category) have acquired a level of immaturity that usually could be seen only in some big headed Thais. Is this one way of proving how "Thai" oneself is?

Army seem to be shooting selves and gov in foot again as well as delivery men, medics, children, taxi drivers.

Some serious corrupt gov and elite is this if full force of army have to prop it up.... again.

Sick, and hope Abhisit never turns up in UK as warrent will await him.

Many thais in England see to that.. promise

Don't get your reasoning behind this. You mention UK, so we can use that as an example. Do you really believe any UK government would put up with a gang of idiots (call them freedom fighters or terrorists, up to you) who would have tried to paralyse

the City of London for a month? Despite getting 3/4 of what they wanted from Abhisit , they still came up with more demands. Remember what happened at the Iranian Embassy after only a few days? HMG would have sent in the riot squad long before this

It baffles me that people cannot understand something so simple.

WHF one of my best friends 16 years ago got 15 years in jail for half a kg of weed

sounds like the courts are for the protesters? Well they haven't disrupted tourist travel I missed my flight bcoz the yellows shut down Phuket airport b4, The goverment took billions from Thaksin on the Friday on Monday they made an order to take 5 times the amount from all the ungovernment telecom companies True DTAC and AIS etc. I am sure everyone will see a rise in mobile tarriffs shortly why don't they concentrate on all the employers who pay less than the minimum wage and make life for the people in thailand more bearable

Or in fighting, as when the then PM visited a navy ship off the coast of Thailand and the Navy held him hostage, so the army shelled the shit out of the Navy....yes, they are a great combined force.

Putting that brain in gear ??

To start with, the state of emergency has been declared at which point it is the army's job as it would be in any other country.

Second, no Thai policemen makes only 7k a month - they get commission of some 40% on every ticket they write + all the bribes they collect.

Third, they are totally incapable of doing any riot control because there is no special trained riot police in Thailand - there probably will be after all this but not yet - the cops here are at the most traffic cops

Let's hope the army doesn't screw this one up and that the <deleted> is over in a few day's

They wouldn't have needed a stae of emergency if the fuc_king police did their job! So now tell me how much a Thai cop (a seargant for instance makes a month...because my wife has a one in her family) makes a month, never mind the % and the tickets and bribes, just tell me what an average cop gets paid?

basic low rank cops here are like waiters they get some 10k a month but make their real money from bribes and depending where they are stationed can make 20 - 30 k or more a month. The wife/family does of course not allway's know about this since he'll be spending a lot of that on the mia noi

Officers ... well, just look at the car park at any police station

facts are facts and he used his influence to cut this deal - how about the loan to Burma which he increased and all the equipment they bought was from his company ? no bullshit that at the time the company didn't belong to him, but to his children, wife and the maid ... how about changing the Telecom deal where he changed the rules in favor of his / sorry his wife's and maids and kids company ...... and the huge tax evasion and and and

you can not fool anyone with your red / Thaksin propaganda

The shady business deals pale into insignificance compared to what Thaksin should have been charged with and that is crimes against humanity, for the murder of between 2500 and 5000 people in the war on drugs. Amnesty International has many cases where completely innocent people were murdered in these extra judicial killings. Of the ones that may have been guilty of dealing drugs, they should have all had a fair trial and not met their demise in this fashion.

These are the lies and the rest was a statement and NO opinion!!!!!

the reds have been violating and particapating in violent acts agains people and property!!

thats why they have to go to prison

we never used violence during our protests???????

thats the dubble standard.

So lets have another blowjob from buriram while I wait for your next lie!!

Uhm, no sorry. The judge's verdict said nothing about these people being violent. It said that they had violated the state of emergency by joining a group of more than 5 people assembled together. And you said "you" (I assume you're one of the yellow "airport huggers" then) never used violence in the protests? Really? Let me show you:

yellow.jpg

4908FB2.jpg

allies_09_10_08_gun3_big.jpg

_45263943_6745e341-7137-4a9c-8970-02d88dc2e9b4.jpg

thaiprotestsgallerygrab1.jpg