Visa On Arrival

Do to circumstances beyond my control, I need to fly into Thailand without a visa. When I arrive do I go straight to the immigration desk and get my 30 days entry, or do I need to go to the visa on arrival desk first?

Depends on your nationality. Take a look here: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2637.php

Click #5 for VISA ON ARRIVAL, which provides a 15-day chop;

Click #4 for VISA EXEMPTION, the 30-day chop.

If you're really thinking of the Visa Exemption, you should have a ticket out of Thailand within that 30-day period, otherwise your airline might, just might, not allow you to board. Same with Thai Immigration if you make it that far. Note, "might," not a sure happening.

Mac

As long as you're from a country with visa waiver entitlement - I presume you are - then you can go straight to Immigration for your 30 day stamp. I only get a visa prior to arrival when Im planning a longer stay.

I'm sure the experts here can help if you get any more in depth but it seems like a simple question :)

Just go to the regular immigration line, no problems for a 30 day stamp, that is if your country / passport is eligible for the 30 days visa exempt rule.

Good call by T Mac for the airline remark !!

Edited by Carib