More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

For me too. The Thai Government has just blocked www.ireport.com

What's next? Kick out international media journalists? Arrest foreigners?

its still up, don't overreact and simply get a decent connection

some 'media'' ought to be kicked out

CNN, BBC and the like daren't report the truth

only Al Jazeera comes close

at least they dare to show film of reds carrying guns instead of covering it up like its a dirty little red secret

try this link for CNN i-report

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-444833

works for me

NOT working for me

Blocked for me. They don't want people to post edited photos (propoganda) as seemed to happen today.

There are reporters out there to report unbiased views of what they see.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reds here are now making up false :government statements - has been reported to mods - hope they act quick - they have actually commited a very serious crime by doing so and a complained should be filed by TV with the police

Latest development, Rama 4 Tesco Lotus is set fired by Red protesters that thought there is army hiding inside the building.

Naaa, they probably ran out of red bull

they also have been looting 7/11's and other shops, broken into banks ... it's party time for Thailand's criminals ... until tomorrow afternoon anyway and than its time to pay the piper

I hope they have enough cells ready for all the fresh meat.

at least they dare to show film of reds carrying guns instead of covering it up like its a dirty little red secret

works for me

All those who don't want or like reports by reputed International media can themselve go out on ground zero and see it for yourself and maybe make a video to inform and educate us also... or just watch those media reports which satisfy you :)

The reds here are now making up false :government statements - has been reported to mods - hope they act quick - they have actually commited a very serious crime by doing so and a complained should be filed by TV with the police

Such as ??

Latest development, Rama 4 Tesco Lotus is set fired by Red protesters that thought there is army hiding inside the building.

Naaa, they probably ran out of red bull

they also have been looting 7/11's and other shops, broken into banks ... it's party time for Thailand's criminals ... until tomorrow afternoon anyway and than its time to pay the piper

I hope they have enough cells ready for all the fresh meat.

they'll just have to "spoon" tighter - instead of 12 in a cell they can put 24 :)

Pull the Army out. Dissolve parliament. Then the reds will go home. Dont be fooled. The army is killing civillians, just like they killed Seh Daeng. The government is stupid. Why do they think ths is going to work? Its taking Thailand back 30 years in the eyes of the world. You have to compromise and find a resolution. The government should dissolve immedaitely and elections should follow. It is the will of the people of Thailand.

Wow first post. So many new people in the last couple hours. Probably same accounts or people who got temp bans.

someone just mentioned that red bird :):D:D

one out many in !

There is a way out for both sides. Elections. Now. And the violence stops immediately because everyone will be out campaigning...lilkity...

Response to above comment:

Why are so many foreigners confused? There was an election.....2 years after the coup...And Thaksin's Party, the Puea Thai party was allowed to fully participate, but it did not win the majority. The parliamentarians had to form a coalition government. The Abhisit government of the Democrats is a coalition of 5 parties...many of whom represent the rural poor. Thaksin and the Puea Thai and their Red Shirt mobs are poor losers and using violence and mob intimidation to undo an election that was open, free and fair. This is all about Thaksin funding thugs to lead mobs with misinformation to help him get his money and power back. The Red Shirts have armed thugs hiding behind women and children. Many police and innocents have been murdered by the Red Shirts. The Red Shirts are using the word Democracy....but are trying to violently undo the democratic election of 2008.

You should go into past and look at history of this ruling behind scenes elite and how many people killed by them in 18 coups.

Is still same people in bunker putting new faces forward to carry out their evil rule and let their pampered kids stay in power and at trough. But there is many things to learn and only a few with open minds can know about it. sorry that you think you not one of them. up to you, you can post ignorant and we can laugh you.

Anyway, this new stage in Klong Toey puts new problem on table. If disperse and army clear out and protester go home :):D:D as if, klong toey is still in Bangkok and any deaths will be easily avenged... given time, because they and families will all be right in middle with you.... ooooooooooooh near Nana plaza and Patpong ooooooooooooooh falangs will have to stay home forever.

Such as ??

ahhh we quickly deleted it but TV will still have the upload

For me too. The Thai Government has just blocked www.ireport.com

works for me

NOT working for me

Ditto, it is blocked.

They're not done blocking CNN through all service providers yet, but it's 100% blocked on TRUE internet. Not just for me, but for many others here as well. If you can still access it, enjoy it while it lasts.

Funny, I use True and the headline on cnn dot com i am looking at says "State of Emergency Extended as Protests Continue".

So go peddle your useless BS somewhere else

you should tune into "free TV" (formerly channel 11) they are giving facts and examples regarding the crisis and recorded conversations from seh daeng and thaksin.

yes, same station the "lovely and peaceful" red shirts bombed (I am sure you recall)

they really stepped up the tone and don't refrain in denouncing the red shirts and Thaksin. It is facts, so all you red shirt sympathizers on here with new accounts, I said : facts. and no, not propaganda. have a look, can't dismiss it as propaganda.

They're not done blocking CNN through all service providers yet, but it's 100% blocked on TRUE internet. Not just for me, but for many others here as well. If you can still access it, enjoy it while it lasts.

Again total BS I have true and have no problem

CNN IS NOT BLOCKED THROUGH ANY SERVICE PROVIDER

however, it appears (probably through automated software) that the readers forum section called iREPORTS is being blocked through True.

Funny, I use True and the headline on cnn dot com i am looking at says "State of Emergency Extended as Protests Continue".

Not the CNN site.. the iReport site..

Sigh.. Such simple instructions..

works for me

All those who don't want or like reports by reputed International media can themselve go out on ground zero and see it for yourself and maybe make a video to inform and educate us also... or just watch those media reports which satisfy you :)

the truth satisfys me

gunfire is being EXCHANGED between army and reds

its really not a one way street as most media report it to be

there are many video examples and qualified reports of red with guns but few western media dare to show them

it's only the i reporters link blocked, i can see other stuff

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

CRES financial blacklist include Thaksin, family members, relatives and some pro-Thaksin politicians as well as Seh Daeng. /via @tulsathit

now know why they left yesterday, probably tipped off

This should have been done months ago especially on Thaksin , now they should freeze all his and the familys overseas accounts and thet will slow him down , as for the leaders freeze all there assets have them put on terrorist watch lists in

case they escape.

See how far these reds go with out funding . :)

It is highly unlikely that this government will get any foreign government to freeze anything given their past record dealing with them. The have made so many claims of requests and demands in the media and virtually no diplomatic filings. I guess they think the UN is going to answer their email!

Thailand has a superb record of helping out on international terrorism and arms smuggling. The captured the top al qaeda leader in the region a few years ago, the famous Russian arms smuggler of Hollywood fame is still behind bars in Bangkok, and just recently they stopped an arms shipment from N. Korea at Don Muang.

I do wonder why they have not made more formal moves against Thaskin (that we know of) before now. Maybe they are not so good on the international legal paperwork.

Most of the people here,even in this forum, are adversely affected by this situation. I have been told I have to turn up to work tomorrow even though the ONLY way I could possibily get there now is to walk the 10+km to the school AND in that walk I have to pass the areas that are currently closed and where there is fighting going on. As a result of this whole situation my medical insurance AND my life insurance are NOT VALID and as such if I was injured I would have a bill. My Embassy is not interested if I go into areas that are unsafe.In fact they are not interested anyway (the idea being I chose to stay here so it is my responsibility to look after myself). So what do all the experts propose I do? Cant live if I cant earn an income and cant leave right now as transport routes are unsafe....Next????

I am no expert but...

All schools in Bangkok delayed start of term to Monday 27th. Stay at home. Be safe.

outdated since one week. The schools will open Tuesday June 1.

Correct you are no expert.I am referring to a private school and these have the power to decide to stay open and to push to have staff turn up to work. They did reconsider though after it was pointed out that no insurance was valid and they would be liable for all and any costs and I am sure that parents also put them under pressure to close.

abcwx.jpg

This guy not only brought his fire extinguisher to put out the blaze but has remembered the broom so he can clean up as he leaves.

It is time for the mess to be cleaned up and for normalcy to be restored.

I trust you are all safe tonight.A bit of compassion for those who are not.

Thank you

It appears there may be Red Shirt "trolls" amongst the commentators. Everyone has a right to their opinion...but fabricated bs is not needed. Thailand, its government and its people are going thru a very tough situation. This government is the most fair, democratic and even handed government as I have seen in Thailand and all SE Asia in the past 10 years. The government is trying to resolve this without more bloodshed...but the damage to the country, economy, innocent Thai citizens wrought by Red Shirts now demands that the protests be ended. The Western media is just finally "getting it". After two months of repeating Thaksin's "talking points".... they are finally seeing that the Red Shirts represent Thaksin and his effort to violently overthrow the duly elected government of Thailand so that he can get his 1.4 billion of ill gotten profits back and take control of the country. The next election by law is not for two more years...but the government agreed to move it up to six months just to get these thugs and their mobs off the streets...but that wouldn't satisfy Thaksin...who wants a violent overthrow of the government by his Red Shirts. The Red Shirts are the violent mob wing of the Puea Thai party..which did not get a majority, and whose efforts at forming coalition governments failed after the 2008 election..in which the Red Shirts/Puea Thai opening campaigned and championed as a free election. They...and more importantly Thaksin...is a sore loser. Abhisit is a fine and good human being..trying to guide this country peacefully. He is the duly elected Prime Minister.

It has become "all or nothing" for both the parties now...

It Reds win they will hunt down each of the present government..

And govt is anyway going to do all it could to stop that happening...

The losers of this battle is surely not goin to have a further political career for sure....

There is a way out for both sides. Elections. Now. And the violence stops immediately because everyone will be out campaigning.

You could have had your elections November if you would have left the city peacefully. Now your best bet is to hope that your cell isn't too crowded.

Not the CNN site.. the iReport site..

Sigh.. Such simple instructions..

sigh, such simple english

Again total BS I have true and have no problem

Working well here (TOT)

CRES financial blacklist include Thaksin, family members, relatives and some pro-Thaksin politicians as well as Seh Daeng. /via @tulsathit

now know why they left yesterday, probably tipped off

This should have been done months ago especially on Thaksin , now they should freeze all his and the familys overseas accounts and thet will slow him down , as for the leaders freeze all there assets have them put on terrorist watch lists in

case they escape.

See how far these reds go with out funding . :)

It is highly unlikely that this government will get any foreign government to freeze anything given their past record dealing with them. The have made so many claims of requests and demands in the media and virtually no diplomatic filings. I guess they think the UN is going to answer their email!

Thailand has a superb record of helping out on international terrorism and arms smuggling. The captured the top al qaeda leader in the region a few years ago, the famous Russian arms smuggler of Hollywood fame is still behind bars in Bangkok, and just recently they stopped an arms shipment from N. Korea at Don Muang.

I do wonder why they have not made more formal moves against Thaskin (that we know of) before now. Maybe they are not so good on the international legal paperwork.

You guys do dream of Thaksin a lot.

He was legally elected and ouseted in a coup by the army which is illegal. No country would send him back here even if they wanted to.

they just play Kasit and abhisit and suthep for the muppet they is. Obama "oh yes khun muppet er I mean Mr Muppet, I mean Mr Sooty er Sweep er Khun Sooty Mr Suthep, we'll send him back. Now can you tell me when you see him children?"

Abhisit, Suthep, Kasit togeher: "He's behind you"

Obama; "where" and so on

Can I please make one suggestion ?

Will Farangs on this site please stop the hate posts, will you guys please try to get along together ?

There have been hundreds if not thousands ( well done George, no moderation ) of posts of people slagging each other off.

The Reds This, The Yellows That, all from people who are actually well away from the problem areas getting their information from such sources as ' The Nation ' and ThaiVisa.

ThaiVisa are actually trying to do a good job, but as they are aligned to The Nation, they cannot be taken seriously, the Nation is so Biased only a fool would believe anything from that source.

Once again, will Farangs here please stop the hate posts, you wouldn't dare do it in real life, so please stop it in cyber life.

Yea yea I know, you are all experts...................lol.

Just stop, please !!!!

wow, thats a real appropriate member name

keep up the good work

ps i do it in real life all the time

i hate everyone and no one likes me but so what

friends are such needy bastards......