More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Could be jumping to conclusions. Army declared they were not going to infiltrate, only close off. The rest is only a guess?

Didnt do much of a job of closing off.

Not just a guess actually. Earlier in the thread I suggested that the army should disarm before entering the encampment and, as I thought it was a good idea, I rang someone close to the Government. He said 'the military will never accept it, Abhisit does not control the military and they are pursuing their own agenda.' He also said you can see 'the military are shooting Thais while achieving nothing and that is not good either in the eyes of Thais or internationally.' He also said the 'police and military are corrupt to their very core.'

So yes there is quite a lot of guessing in there. But I know Abhisit is committed to reducing the influence of the army in Thai politics. Also remember there is the army reshuffle coming up and he wanted to replace the coup's constitution. There are some 3500 people at the encampment do you think the Thai army cant contain them when they can execute a coup in three hours.

So yes quite a lot of guesswork but it all seems to add up to me.

So it isnt hard to believe they are manipulating this protest - in fact it must be harder to believe they apparently cant contain it. Cutting the military budget and revising the constitution as well as having a say in the army reshuffle, I dont think would go down well. Thaksin got kicked out for mucking about with the reshuffle.

If you really believe Abhisit is interested in getting the Army out of politics, then please tell me why he has not used the police in this protest and let the Army do its job of protecting the country from outside dangers like from Burma or Cambodia.

Dear Sir,

The country you are referring to as "Burma" is called Myanmar.

Thank you

Only if you support the so called army government

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are perhaps 2 million Red sympathizers in BKK and 15 million in the country. These Reds are no more terrorist than the yellows. In any bunch there are a few bad apples. The Abhisit govt is trying to justify wholesale slaughter of unarmed innocents by the one or two cases where the military was attacked.

Piece of advice. If you expect to be taken seriously you may want to refrain from making such incorrect posts IMO.

Piece of advice. Start reading the independant international on-the-ground reports. kaengk is far closer to the truth than you are imo.

Could be jumping to conclusions. Army declared they were not going to infiltrate, only close off. The rest is only a guess?

Didnt do much of a job of closing off.

Not just a guess actually. Earlier in the thread I suggested that the army should disarm before entering the encampment and, as I thought it was a good idea, I rang someone close to the Government. He said 'the military will never accept it, Abhisit does not control the military and they are pursuing their own agenda.' He also said you can see 'the military are shooting Thais while achieving nothing and that is not good either in the eyes of Thais or internationally.' He also said the 'police and military are corrupt to their very core.'

So yes there is quite a lot of guessing in there. But I know Abhisit is committed to reducing the influence of the army in Thai politics. Also remember there is the army reshuffle coming up and he wanted to replace the coup's constitution. There are some 3500 people at the encampment do you think the Thai army cant contain them when they can execute a coup in three hours.

So yes quite a lot of guesswork but it all seems to add up to me.

So it isnt hard to believe they are manipulating this protest - in fact it must be harder to believe they apparently cant contain it. Cutting the military budget and revising the constitution as well as having a say in the army reshuffle, I dont think would go down well. Thaksin got kicked out for mucking about with the reshuffle.

If you really believe Abhisit is interested in getting the Army out of politics, then please tell me why he has not used the police in this protest and let the Army do its job of protecting the country from outside dangers like from Burma or Cambodia.

The army has always been used for crowd control in Thailand. They shouldn't be, but the police have never (under any government) been trained for it.

Nothing to do with politics **in this example.**

What a disgusting slur on the brave journalists who are risking their lives on the ground.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...e-killing-zone/

If they are risking their lives, why not report the truth

instead of the crao they are reporting.

Unarmed by back side, see previous page with pics. of

protestors with guns, sorry terrorists with guns

Let me guess ..... fake reds ....whatever

Red leader Nutthawut Saikua urged the government to call a cease-fire.

He said the red shirts were willing to negotiate but only with the United Nations as a mediator.

The government should stop its allegation of that they were 'terrorists' because the protesters were unarmed, he said.

From UN definition of terrorism

"In November 2004, a United Nations Secretary General report described terrorism as any act "intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act". "

IRONY

post-45550-1274060906_thumb.jpg

=====================================================================

Open your eyes my friend

The police are lollipop men who know nothing more that pocketing extra money for the self fund

When it comes to upholding the law of the land they are so out of their depth

There are perhaps 2 million Red sympathizers in BKK and 15 million in the country. These Reds are no more terrorist than the yellows. In any bunch there are a few bad apples. The Abhisit govt is trying to justify wholesale slaughter of unarmed innocents by the one or two cases where the military was attacked.

Well in fairness, the peacefull protestors are mixing with the violent... and its more then one or two cases...

But yes i agree, any group or mob that resort to that kind of violence in the name of democracy are definitely more then just peacefull protesters... Regardless of the colour, red, yellow or anything...

Edited by Koh_Falang

"Stop shooting, retreat and we can then negotiate," Natthawut said. Asked by a journalist why he was not ordering the red shirts to stop attacking first, he angrily retorted: "The killers must stop. You cannot possibly expect those being hunted to stop killing. It's as if the red shirts have been abandoned alone in the world."

Derrr, do you think that might be because the redshirts are in the minority and because of the actions they have taken???:)

The reality is the Red Shirts have the backing of the rural population.

Probably 80% of Thai's support the revolution.

That's a fact!

Proof? :D

There are perhaps 2 million Red sympathizers in BKK and 15 million in the country. These Reds are no more terrorist than the yellows. In any bunch there are a few bad apples.

The problem is that the decent redshirts have quit and the bad apples are now in charge!

Remind us again, Ulysses, which were the "decent apples" in the Redshirts?

I've noticed you've had a conversion on the Road to Damascus somewhere along the lines. Took a while, admittedly, but eventually even you realised they were not the democracy-loving, poor-protecting, peaceful bunch of "protesters", they have been claiming to the media all along. The belly of the beast is now out there for all to see and it's got a T written all over it. :)

it takes a good man to admit he was wrong about some things

i for one applaud UG for being man enough to say it out loud

I have always supported the PM and my respect has grown even stronger during this crisis. However, I do think that the redshirts have legitimate grievances - even though most of their leaders are self serving - but the fact that they rejected a generous peace deal that Abhisit offered in favor of this violence places the blame on them for the current situation in Bangkok. IMHO they need to accept responsibility and go home.

All that being said, let us not forget that a lot of the redshirts are women, children and the elderly and not bad people.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratchaprasong/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3608506

Edited by Ulysses G.

The rightwing lean from this site is shameful.

This site allows any calls for death against the reds but deletes all posts critical of the current leadership.

Have you moderators no pride.

Sick stuff here.

You are like ketchum fetchum kissing the masta slave holders.

New name for Thaivisa forum.

Thai rightwingtrash post board.

Kill all the reds say you--then you laugh.

Sick

being against red criminals and terrorists does not make you yellow

being being against red criminals and terrorists makes you normal with decent social values

those who support the reds are wrong, they too are against the very principles of decent, human society

this is not about democracy, far from it

its about money and power, nothing more

when the deceived red ground supporters find out they have been duped, it will all be over in 24 hours and they will kill the red leaders themselves........

Dream on.

Who's the one dreaming? :)

"It will be over in 24 hours and they will kill the red leaders themselves"

Lets see who was dreaming in 24 hours time shall we? <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame deleted

"Stop shooting, retreat and we can then negotiate," Natthawut said. Asked by a journalist why he was not ordering the red shirts to stop attacking first, he angrily retorted: "The killers must stop. You cannot possibly expect those being hunted to stop killing. It's as if the red shirts have been abandoned alone in the world."

Derrr, do you think that might be because the redshirts are in the minority and because of the actions they have taken???:)

That's a fact!

Proof? :D

The only problem with that statement is my thai wife from Issan can not find anyone that agrees with the red shirts destruction of Thailand

Nice to know all her friends must be in that 20%

and as she is from Issan and part of the statement you made and you are from Oz like me

which person do tv members believe knows the real truth

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Can anyone corroborate any of these reports.

This is getting really serious.

being against red criminals and terrorists does not make you yellow

being being against red criminals and terrorists makes you normal with decent social values

those who support the reds are wrong, they too are against the very principles of decent, human society

this is not about democracy, far from it

its about money and power, nothing more

when the deceived red ground supporters find out they have been duped, it will all be over in 24 hours and they will kill the red leaders themselves........

Dream on.

Who's the one dreaming? :)

"It will be over in 24 hours and they will kill the red leaders themselves"

Lets see who was dreaming in 24 hours time shall we? ( I will be a bore a and take the time to humiliate you over this.)

You can use that time to learn how the quote function works and not take quotes out of context.

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Trying to get my Thai wife to get a picture of a sign on the highway just outside Undon Thai, to put up here

It is in Thai but says (best trnslation)

Get rid of street thugs

Send them to Bangkok to fight the army

THANONG:Nation 17 05 2010

The purpose of this post is to quickly impart law-based information to inquiries perplexing some Thais and non-Thais. I reckon this is in the interest of the State and national reconciliation. If possible, please disseminate the information to all across the land.

This is also to remind all Thais (and non-Thais living in Thailand) of our duty to be familiar with our own law. Ignorance is not an excuse. Self-imposed illiteracy is vice, particularly when the nation is under crisis.

NOTE: This post is not contending whether the prescribed law is right or wrong. The data presented are not avowing whether the current law is just or unjust. This is simply to brief Thais and non-Thais to the reality of our Thai law as it presently is.

QUESTION: Can the government freeze bank accounts of anyone residing within Thai territory under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Yes.

QUESTION: Does the government have to first obtain permission from the court?

ANSWER: No. That is one arbitrary right of the government under the Emergency Decree. Declaration of Emergency implies that the government can exercise actions which do not need court authorization as long as the actions are sanctioned by law.

Freezing back accounts of suspects the government deems as perpetrators of the national crisis is one arbitrary permit. The caveat is simply that there is sufficient reason to consider them as suspects assisting or perpetrating the crimes against the State.

QUESTION: If the government or security forces believe I am a perpetrator, can they also arrest me without a court-issued warrant?

QUESTION: Do I not have any right to resist or defend myself?

ANSWER: No – at least not at that particular moment in time. Your only right – under that particular moment – is to surrender to the arrest. If you are placed under detention, you only right – under that particular moment – is to comply. You can file the appeals later with the court, if you consider the government or security forces behaved outside the confines of law under the Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: Can the security forces execute me if I resist?

ANSWER: That depends on the nature of your resistance:

If you use a non-penetrating weapon to fight the security forces (e.g., batons, clubs, sticks, nunchaks - or even empty hand strikes such as punching or kicking), the security forces can counter with a constraining force (i.e., beat you into submission or take you down using any mechanisms to accomplish this end - just short of actually killing you).

If you use a penetrating weapon (e.g, knife, spear, sword, guns or grenades), the security forces can counter with lethal force (kill you right on the spot).

QUESTION: What if I throw stones or use slingshots?

ANSWER: Objects based on propelled trajectories are commonly though loosely classified as penetrating weapons. Thus, throwing stones or using slingshots can legally be countered by the security forces with lethal (deadly) force.

QUESTION: What if I just fight empty-handed?

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the “intent” of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to “kill or severely injure” the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

QUESTION: Going strictly by the penal codes, can the security forces then execute me right on the spot if I just strike them with my fist or elbow or knee or leg or head butt - or even just throw stones or use slingshots at them?

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to “kill or severely injure”, then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: So what should a person do when the region is under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Do what the government and the security forces tell you. Avoid confrontation with them at all times. Stay out of their path. If they arrest you, do not resist. If they place you under detention, follow their dictates until you can subsequently file the appeal with the court.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim “But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots.” Illiterates of law commonly do that.

This site allows any calls for death against the reds but deletes all posts critical of the current leadership.

Sick stuff here.

Sick

If by Red's, you mean terrorist bully boys for Toxin, then yes, that is what I say...and then I laugh

I figure if there is 3000 left and we can kill 30 a day, then this should be over in 3 months or so.

But my guess is that they will run away soon enough.

That's a fact!

Whats a fact?? thats no fact... thats a figure you pulled out of the air and then called it a fact...

They have support for their basic ideals... however the amount of people supporting their violent actions is quickly dropping...

hel_l even I support the basic idea of democracy... Does that mean I am a redshirt? nope... I support an end to corruption... im still not a redshirt... I even support an early election... still doesnt mean im a redshirt...

Sick stuff here.

Sick

You are wrong about this site and the moderation team. You are wrong about where each of these groups fall on the political continuum, and you are wrong that people are calling for the killing of all the reds. Your post is only meant to inflame and brings a first post ignore from me. Congratulations, that's a new record.

The purpose of this post is to quickly impart law-based information to inquiries perplexing some Thais and non-Thais. I reckon this is in the interest of the State and national reconciliation. If possible, please disseminate the information to all across the land.

This is also to remind all Thais (and non-Thais living in Thailand) of our duty to be familiar with our own law. Ignorance is not an excuse. Self-imposed illiteracy is vice, particularly when the nation is under crisis.

NOTE: This post is not contending whether the prescribed law is right or wrong. The data presented are not avowing whether the current law is just or unjust. This is simply to brief Thais and non-Thais to the reality of our Thai law as it presently is.

QUESTION: Can the government freeze bank accounts of anyone residing within Thai territory under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: No. That is one arbitrary right of the government under the Emergency Decree. Declaration of Emergency implies that the government can exercise actions which do not need court authorization as long as the actions are sanctioned by law.

Freezing back accounts of suspects the government deems as perpetrators of the national crisis is one arbitrary permit. The caveat is simply that there is sufficient reason to consider them as suspects assisting or perpetrating the crimes against the State.

QUESTION: If the government or security forces believe I am a perpetrator, can they also arrest me without a court-issued warrant?

ANSWER: No – at least not at that particular moment in time. Your only right – under that particular moment – is to surrender to the arrest. If you are placed under detention, you only right – under that particular moment – is to comply. You can file the appeals later with the court, if you consider the government or security forces behaved outside the confines of law under the Emergency Decree.

If you use a non-penetrating weapon to fight the security forces (e.g., batons, clubs, sticks, nunchaks - or even empty hand strikes such as punching or kicking), the security forces can counter with a constraining force (i.e., beat you into submission or take you down using any mechanisms to accomplish this end - just short of actually killing you).

If you use a penetrating weapon (e.g, knife, spear, sword, guns or grenades), the security forces can counter with lethal force (kill you right on the spot).

ANSWER: Objects based on propelled trajectories are commonly though loosely classified as penetrating weapons. Thus, throwing stones or using slingshots can legally be countered by the security forces with lethal (deadly) force.

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the "intent" of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to "kill or severely injure" the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

QUESTION: Going strictly by the penal codes, can the security forces then execute me right on the spot if I just strike them with my fist or elbow or knee or leg or head butt - or even just throw stones or use slingshots at them?

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to "kill or severely injure", then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

ANSWER: Do what the government and the security forces tell you. Avoid confrontation with them at all times. Stay out of their path. If they arrest you, do not resist. If they place you under detention, follow their dictates until you can subsequently file the appeal with the court.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim "But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots." Illiterates of law commonly do that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thai Nazis

What a disgusting slur on the brave journalists who are risking their lives on the ground.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...e-killing-zone/

If they are risking their lives, why not report the truth

instead of the crao they are reporting.

Unarmed by back side, see previous page with pics. of

protestors with guns, sorry terrorists with guns

Let me guess ..... fake reds ....whatever

That's what they do. It's just inconvenient that the truth doesn't correlate with your fantasies, so you try to discredit the messengers.

Sick stuff here.

Sick

You are wrong about this site and the moderation team. You are wrong about where each of these groups fall on the political continuum, and you are wrong that people are calling for the killing of all the reds. Your post is only meant to inflame and brings a first post ignore from me. Congratulations, that's a new record.

Like we all should care if you pay attention to us.

Get a life.

really, i doubt it, as my wife picked up some friends at the airport early this morning without a single red in sight

please do not spread rumor or gossip

its against forum rules

You're source please? Or is this just more hyperbol?

Sick stuff here.

Sick

wow a new red player...

you know the moneys been frozen don't you?

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the “intent” of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to “kill or severely injure” the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to “kill or severely injure”, then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim “But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots.” Illiterates of law commonly do that.

This &lt;deleted&gt; forgot to justify murdering someone dancing around waving a flag about in the air.

Sick stuff here.

Sick

Like we all should care if you pay attention to us.

Get a life.

we have a life

its just not viewed through red tinted glasses

Sick stuff here.

Sick

sick. Create a username with your meaningless title then have a rant with your red tinted specs

Edited by KKvampire