Bkk To ? - Need To Cross A Border For My Multiple O Visa

My Multiple O Visa runs out in 10 days time, so I need to briefly visit another country to extend it for another 3 months. I'll be setting off from Bangkok, ideally I'd like to fly if possible. For the dates I want to travel, airasia is offering return flights to Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam including airport taxes etc for 3900 baht which seems very reasonable. Would I need a Visa for this trip, even if I don't leave the airport - I'm guessing I would :)

My other option I've come up with is a round trip to Singapore for 5300 baht, not exactly cheap but at least I wouldnt have to worry about Visa requirements.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Fly to any country nearby is possible,and yes you will need a visa / be stamped in and out before you return. Check Phnom Penh while you're at it.

Alternatively it will take about as much or even less time if you just take the bus to the border and back (Jack Golf does daily trips to Cambodia, leave early morning, come back in the afternoon, including Cambodia visa around 2K Baht) compared with trip to airport, hours long check-in, waiting for return flight and repeat bus may be faster and definitely cheaper :)

Fly to any country nearby is possible,and yes you will need a visa / be stamped in and out before you return. Check Phnom Penh while you're at it.

Alternatively it will take about as much or even less time if you just take the bus to the border and back (Jack Golf does daily trips to Cambodia, leave early morning, come back in the afternoon, including Cambodia visa around 2K Baht) compared with trip to airport, hours long check-in, waiting for return flight and repeat bus may be faster and definitely cheaper :)

Thanks Jdietz, have looked at the deals at Jack Golf and it certainly seems like the quickest way to get a stamp on your passport, as well as being cheaper. I will probably end up going for this option, getting it all done in a day is very helpful :D Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...