Lcd Or Plasma Recommendations

schmutzie

<!--quoteo(post=3650871:date=2010-05-29 11:50:28:name=Sakeopete)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sakeopete @ 2010-05-29 11:50:28) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3650871"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3638963:date=2010-05-24 20:03:27:name=Sakeopete)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sakeopete @ 2010-05-24 20:03:27) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3638963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3628675:date=2010-05-21 16:40:28:name=astral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (astral @ 2010-05-21 16:40:28) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3628675"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3624855:date=2010-05-20 20:03:23:name=Sakeopete)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sakeopete @ 2010-05-20 20:03:23) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3624855"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bought a Samsung 42" plasma 1.5 years ago and it has failed. Very disappointing TBH, we got a call from the service center and they said the cost to repair is 13000 Baht. Samsung is off my list of future purchases.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Do you have any idea of exactly what has failed?

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No sorry I don't my wife didn't ask. The problem with it is that after a while the screen goes black even though the sound is fine. We decided not to have it repaired as it doesn't happen too often. When it does happen I simply turn off the set and turn it back on and it is fine again. The price of the flat screens keeps dropping so I don't think its worth repairing.

Update: We received the TV back from Samsung and it doesn't work now. Should have known that would happen, the repair depot said it was like that when they received it. Yeah right even the dealer thinks that they took it apart to check it and when we said not to fix it they didn't put it back correctly. He gave us the number to some manager which was a waste of time. Oh well I will not purchase Samsung anymore, no point arguing with people who don't give a dam_n.

Seems ro happen a lot according to AVForums (albeit WRT Pana black level issues and repairs).

I'm sure you can have the panel replaced somehow.

New update, though we didn't get anywhere after discussions with the manager we called a positive outcome did happen. We sent the TV back to get it repaired and it came back yesterday. To my surprise the bill was only 5600 Baht rather than the initial 12700 quoted. The dealer who sold it to us says that the technicians are lazy and don't make the effort to find the faulty item instead replacing the entire unit. The stink we made must have made them do their job. Anyways TV is home and working fine.