Which Mobile Phone Do You Use?

~G~

Which mobile phone do you use?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

after 5 years of using the siemens s45 I decided to go and shop for a new one.

But my oh my what a choice, it is very difficult.

I bought the Samsung D500 after reading some good reviews.

There are heaps of features on this thing i will never use, guess i bought because of the looks

I suppose I have always used Nokias. I did have an Eriksson in UK, but every time it vibrated the battery came loose and switched off. I have one old Nokia which is easy to use and one 7520 or something like that, which is totally useless.

Takes crap pictues, and the display is almost immpossible to see. I suppose I only bought it to impress my brother-in-law, who is a rep for Nokia (Far East)

I have a samsung D410. It has a good spec and i liked it but I have had to have it repaired about 4 or 5 times because the screen keeps failing. Seems to be a problem with this model.

I like the look of the D500 but do not have much faith in Samsung slide models at the moment. I am currently looking at what is out there since the D410 failed again. I am currently using an i-mobile 601 (or something like that) borrowed from my gf cousin. Its not a bad little phone. No camera but you can transfer pics via USB and it has a cool MP3 player. Only about Bt5000 brand new.

I did have a Sony Ericsson Z600 which I loved with every feature you can think of. Main reason was the built in Internet capability and e-mail plus the bluetooth which allowed my pocket PC to connect to the Internet. The built in camera was so-so, used only occasionally. However my wife kept borrowing it and managed to drop it into our dog's water bowl, phone didn't take it too well. A few weeks earlier she dropped her phone in the water. I now have a Samsung SGH-X460 which is pretty basic but very small compared with the Sony. Needless to say, 'wife - hands off!'

:D

Siemens M55 bought in China, 2003. :o

TriBand, added language support, good sound quality, excellent battery life and range. Simple to use, trusty, reasonable storage capacity, and easy to manage addressbook using PC connection... and hasn't let me down after considerable abuse.

Only use it for phone and messaging. :D

My cheapie Sony Ericsson pretty well gave up the ghost. I was not going to settle for anything except a clamshell design. I got a Siemens CF 62. I really like the design and the way it works. It had terrible reviews on the Internet because it shuts off by itself. I have an extra SIM card and never know where to keep it. I now keep the extra SIM card under the back cover between the cover and the battery. Holding the battery tighter cured the shutting off problem. Since the phone hasn't shut off by itself for several weeks I have to say I like it better than any other phone I ever had,

I did have a Sony Ericsson Z600 which I loved with every feature you can think of.  Main reason was the built in Internet capability and e-mail plus the bluetooth which allowed my pocket PC to connect to the Internet.  The built in camera was so-so, used only occasionally.  However my wife kept borrowing it and managed to drop it into our dog's water bowl, phone didn't take it too well.  A few weeks earlier she dropped her phone in the water. I now have a Samsung SGH-X460 which is pretty basic but very small compared with the Sony.  Needless to say, 'wife - hands off!'

:o

Get her a waterproof model :D

All Nokia's here. 7650 for me, 6820 for her. About to upgrade the 7650 when i'm over next tho, the little lad threw it and cracked the rear section - now it's reliability (especially using bluetooth/GPRS is pretty crap. :o )

I've recently played with an O2 xda - like it very much, but well expensive.

Nokis 6230. Best phone i ever had, and i change fones every 3 or 4 months. This ones lasted me almost a year!

I always go out and buy the latest funky model. Last stupid purchase was a Sony Ericsson 9110i PDA fone.

All the other fones i buy because i like the look of them, or they do something funky. I allways end up back with Nokia though as they are the best build quality, and the simplest to use.

Niether the sales person nor the literature made any mention of the fact that, unless specifically de-selected, auto-redial would continue to operate ad infinitum, and at that period of time the Thai networks did not cater for 'net' storage, and that was what my little toy was trying to do. Seventy five pence every dial up at two minute intervals over a six week period. :o

ouch

Always used Nokia until I changed to a Sharp GX15 a couple of months ago.

Bought it on a trip to the UK, and had it unblocked there as I think this model is unavailable in Thailand.

A good price, small with a large screen, and very happy with it.

Review at http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/sharp-gx15.htm

Mike.

That's a good website for mobile reviews. I used it a lot when I was deciding what one to buy. In the end I bought a Nokia 6230. Not a bad phone but the screen is quite small and not very bright (I wished I'd bought the 6230i). Also, a lot of dust seems to get inside the phone and settle on the screen (I think it's from the little speaker on the side). I was going to get a Samsung but I heard they were a pain in the bum to connect to a PC when trying to download photo's. The Sharp phones look good. My sister has one and the screen's very clear and bright whatever angle you look at it. Not so with my Nokia.

My first was Motorola (don't even remember the model, it was long ago), the current is Nokia 2600 - just a basic phone, simple and easy.

My nokia is so old and worn out, the model code is completely erased, I don't remember what it was. It's big and heavy, I can use it for sticking nails in the wall... :o