Seh Daeng Dead

george

What goes around comes around. One menacing thug less to deal with.

He was a Major General in the Royal Thai Army. Thug indeed

The paperwork to throw him out of the Army and strip him of all rank was initiated prior to the shooting.

It just hadn't been finalized yet.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he hadn't opposed the roadmap and fresh elections SD might still be alive, he has only himself to blame. He has led the reds to a dangerous place and is responsible for many more deaths. ....

One theory making the rounds is that he was shot because he was saying from very early on that Thaksin is the one that ordered the roadmap deal killed and the violence to start. He was well known for not be able to stop talking and he knew way too much.

Recall he was saying to anyone that would listen on Monday that Thaksin had told him the moderate leadership was out and the second generation radicals were now in charge and the violence would start. This of course was denied by the red leadership, even though that is exactly what happened.

I think his daughter has handled this extremely well, even though her political views are 180 degree off from her father. THere is no doubt they put that aside and had a real reltionship.

TH

I'm sure that discussions on ThaiVisa forum would greatly benefit from a 'grace' period for new members, let's say 7 days before you can post or comment after registering.

Simon

I would agree with this idea, as I have noted a number of poster drop-off the radar, probably banned and low and behold a new one appears and posts hundreds of post in a couple of days of the same ilke, they couldn't be one of the same now could they?

A seven day cooling off period, at least in this forum wouldn't be a bad idea.

A 10-second moment of silence was held on the putting green of the 16th hole at the Dubai Golf Club before finishing the round with a 103.

A whole 10 seconds, wow, this guy must have really rated up there with the stars.

He may have been a thug, but he was a brave thug. You have to give him that.

2guns.gif

You make a very valid point. Brave indeed, misguided even, but a far more memorable character than his cowardly

patron,sponsor, hiding in Montenegro.

Thaksin has a lot to answer for, by using these ill educated people, who due to the misguided loyalty do not recognise the fact that Thaksin's only responsability was to line his own pockets.

They are now paying the ultimate price.

Not even newsworthy.

Thats why u read and and logged in to post a comment....

stop dissing a dead guy now... considering u wud have wet your pants if u had met him when he was alive...

Do connect your brain and consider why anybody would be 'wetting their pants' in the presence of this monster.

BTW Are you still in mourning for Kim Il-sung?

RIP to all red shirts fighting for their rights..

Do you seriously think that these people are fighting for their rights?

If you're new to Thailand, better not say anything that will show your lack of understanding of Thai politics. Almost all from the rural area don't even understand the definition of "democracy". It's not because they are stupid - far from it - but rather they have low education and have never been taught about the democratic, parliamentary systems. They demand the government to dissolve, and then what? Do they have any idea what would happen next apart from new election? Do they understand that it's not possible to dissolve the parliament within a day or 15 days?

What they should do is to go home and appreciate what the current government is trying to do to lift the quality of life of rural people such as free education for their children, pensions for elderly, etc. There is also working groups setting up by the government aim at educating people about the real democracy concept. These people have been suppressed for a very long time in every way; economics, education, opportunity, but they also have to realise that they cannot wait for handouts (Thaksin's policy).

Please be mindful that there is nothing to be gained by saying negative stuff towards a dead man. You are better to say nothing at all than something spiteful.

Condolences to his family. Condolences to all those who have died so unnecessarily & for reasons that could of been sorted out by other means.

Sad times for Thailand.

One more wise post from ND....

I absolutely agree with you.

+1

"De mortuis nihil nisi bonum." Ergo nihil. Requiescas in pace, Dux Rufe!

If it was the govt or army acting independently, the killing hasn't served any purpose except show their weakness in being unable to arrest him and create an unnecessary martyr. If it was the reds.......

Edited by Arkady

Its a sad fact that most "civilised" democracies have had guys like him as agents of change, to allow them to become democracies.

I dont suppose Oliver Cromwell made everyone happy either.

You do not get a "civilised" democracy, untill their are enough people who are swinging voters, this keeps all political shades from excess.

Clearly having swinging voters means having more middle class people.

You wont get that until the majority of peoples living standards improve.

Anyway whatever you think of him & his methods, he is now part of Thailands history.

As an earlier poster made the point, history is written by the winners.

If a proper democracy comes from this, you may see his statue in a prominent place some day.

He may have been a thug, but he was a brave thug. You have to give him that.

2guns.gif

Is he still under arrest? After all the brave BIB arrested him whilest he was at hospital on a life support machine probably the only way that they would have had the balls to arrest him.

Please be mindful that there is nothing to be gained by saying negative stuff towards a dead man. You are better to say nothing at all than something spiteful.

Condolences to his family. Condolences to all those who have died so unnecessarily & for reasons that could of been sorted out by other means.

Sad times for Thailand.

+1

+2

Sad times for Thailand.

+1

+2

+3

Sad times for Thailand.

Well said. Some people here seem to lack enough humanity to be compassionate, and speaking ill of the dead is irreverent and really reduces some of the people here to the same level they accuse the general of having taken. It is sad when killing people is a solution instead of a problem. It breaks my heart to see so many people dying.

I'm sure that discussions on ThaiVisa forum would greatly benefit from a 'grace' period for new members, let's say 7 days before you can post or comment after registering.

Many 'old-timers' like myself simply cannot be bothered to take part in these kindergarden discussions anymore.

I have to say that another forum is providing me with better information and more informed discussions about current events than the squabbles that ThaiVisa forum has become.

Simon

Good Idea, or a ignore function for Guys with less then lets say 20 post.

Was this guy's assassination necessary? I don't know.

Am I glad he is no longer with us? Yes.

Does this answer come from my heart or my brain? Probably the former.

Will his demise help in solving this impasse? I don't know.

Did this guy give a flying <deleted> what people thought about him when he was alive?

Why should anybody care now?

If one of the at least 20 attempts on Hitler's life had been successful how many lives would have been spared? Just a thought.

Wouldn't this forum be more educational and on a higher plane if many took their fingers off their keyboards, took a deep breath and after much thought produced sensible answers?

Wouldn't this forum be more educational and on a higher plane if many took their fingers off their keyboards, took a deep breath and after much thought produced sensible answers?

O.K., you start!

I have personally met Him and had dinner with him . in my View i respect him . for who he is ,

while not all his action is within my understanding and i do not agree with all of it .

i think history will unfold itself as it go .

just like many Action by Leader and people with power and the ability to do thing .

i think Seh Daeng is one of those Who stand by his action and had show others and set an example be it good or bad . in my view he protected the people who believe in him .

and he dare to speak up for what he believe . how many of you had been able to live up to what you speak so loud online .

-

is really no point trying to step on the Dead .

is Thaivisa is spamming me with their so called update more and more like everyday so there get all the post count . feed by all this rubbish .

-i recall this forum to be much friendly when is less commercial . is getting like a spam machine .

Edited by Ta22

Urgent: It is confirmed: Seh Daeng Passed away at 09:20am this morning (Monday 17th May). /via TAN MCOT INN

Guess makes all of us so sad. RIP General.

Why does it make you sad to note the passing of a homocidal psychopath?

Sometimes i ask myself if you are looking to the news, since he has been shot, situation is getting worse. Stages are up everywhere in the city. I am leaving near klongtoey and as i saw, Things are not getting better. By killing "Seh Deang" thay have made him a Martyr.

RIP to all red shirts fighting for their rights..

No tears for this man.

Thaksin's general.

RIH

Sad times for Thailand.

Yes, I agree too. A shame there aren't more sensible people like you running the country and the various factions.

Urgent: It is confirmed: Seh Daeng Passed away at 09:20am this morning (Monday 17th May). /via TAN MCOT INN

I guess Thaksin don’t really care who is helping him, if they don’t so what he wants they are DEAD

After Hilter killed himself, the war did not last very long after.

Well for a start, that's because Hitler killed himself because the war was over. He lost!

Also, relevance? Hard to imagine any.