Thai Food Festival Sun 24th July 2005

Rinrada

Just got a reminder of this years T.F.F in Batersea park.

Last year was very good and recon if the weather holds this one should be even better....

So Whos ALL going?

What's on in Battersea Park

Battersea Park in its beautiful riverside setting is host to a wide range of events throughout the year.

Find out how to get to the park.

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/Home/Leisurea...nts/whatson.htm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a reminder of this years T.F.F in Batersea park.

Last year was very good and recon if the weather holds this one should be even better....

So Whos ALL going?

What's on in Battersea Park

Battersea Park in its beautiful riverside setting is host to a wide range of events throughout the year.

Find out how to get to the park.

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/Home/Leisurea...nts/whatson.htm

I would love to go... not sure about work commitments yet though... :o

totster :D

So Whos ALL going?

Me. I'm working about an hour west of the city center. Will probably come into the city for an overnighter on Saturday and then head out to the park on Sunday. I think the Southwest line train stop is Clapham Junction, followed by a bus, taxi or walk to the park.

If you and some others are planning to come in, then perhaps we could get together for a mini-TVF piss-up on Saturday. I've got an "in" with an upscale hotel chain and might be able to give you a nice hook-up on Saturday night (e.g., trade you a free night for a couple of beers). Shoot me a PM and we can chat some more.

Yep ...The thai songkraan and Loy Kratong food festivals here in Sydney ,also seem to bring out the furtive old sex tourists looking for a perve.

I'm guessing there's going to be some Thai women there as well as Thai food? Sounds interesting? :o

And after that comment, gazillions of dodgy punters looking for said women are also to be expected.

:D

Anyway, back on subject, is the Thai food there authentic tasting? :o

I'm told many of the Thai restaurants in the greater London area (75+?) will have food tents. I missed the one last year, but did go to the smaller Anglo-Thai festival at Morden just a couple of weeks prior. I found the food to be excellent authentic Thai, and not the 'dummied-down" stuff that is often seen in restaurants to suit the regular clientele.

I'm not going for the food.

Toster owes me a beer and I want to see what Spee looks like.

That said, I will stock up one the one Thai food I am missing like mad.

TYG flavour packet noodles, surely there will be a mini mart thingy there where i can purchase some. :o

Scamp, try Thai4uk.co.uk for TYG flavoured noodles

Edited by Jack Jones

I'll be there as usual - Wifey is playing the Kim and doing some of the Thai dancing. Its always a good crack and always hot. I've been going for years. The crowds are getting bigger each year.

Shall we all wear a red carnation or something then? :o

How about a placard hanging round our necks with our TV names written on in bright red crayon?

Edited by wolf5370

Scamp, try Thai4uk.co.uk for TYG flavoured noodles

Cheers Jack! I was hoping there would be something like that over here. :D

I'll be there as usual - Wifey is playing the Kim and doing some of the Thai dancing. Its always a good crack and always hot. I've been going for years. The crowds are getting bigger each year.

Shall we all wear a red carnation or something then?  :o

How about a placard hanging round our necks with our TV names written on in bright red crayon?

I think we should definatly have a meet up, but when? Towards the end of the festival maybe, is there a beer garden there or anything?

I'll start a fresh post on this a bit nearer the time if we have enough interest.

Shall we all wear a red carnation or something then?  :o

How delightfully tacky ! :D (just kidding)

By all means, count me in.

Who wants to be the PM coordinator?

oops, did I just volunteer ?? :D

This might be a good place for TV to do a bit of advertising, considering the clientele that will be present. T-shirts etc with website address might bring a new generation to these hallowed airwaves.

IMo of course.

:o

This might be a good place for TV to do a bit of advertising, considering the clientele that will be present. T-shirts etc with website address might bring a new generation to these hallowed airwaves.

IMo of course.

:o

I agree, how about a ThaiVisa stall with a big blue, white and yellow logo?

Chonabot and I could sign mugs and T-Shirts. :D

This was my 2000th post, wahey!

is there a beer garden there or anything?

There's usually a beer tent (there were 2 last year) - and a Thai wine stall. However, there are a lot of poeple there - I fear just "bumping into each other" is unlikely. The carnation/placard was obviously a joke, but we may need a less-tacky way of recognising each other. Ideas?

PS: Saying "I'm the fat git with fake Ray Bans and a Thai girl in tow" probably won't help too much on this occassion :o

Edited by wolf5370