Extra Month Staying...can This Be Done At Immigration?

Hello,

I have a Non Immigrant Multiple Entry ED Visa, valid until 07-01-2011.

Last week I exited and re-entered Thailand and got my new 90 day stamp.

This one says as date 05-08-2010.

Still however I am planning to stay in Thailand till the 18,19 or 20 of augustus.

I know that you can get one week extra at the immigration (that would be until the 12th of August), but I now

talked with somebody who said you can also get a month longer.

Is this possible?

If possible yes, because I want to travel through Thailand, and do not want to be fed up with a visa-run/trip through another country again.

You can only get 1 week extension and might need to show a plane ticket out of the country within that week, unless you have paperwork of your school that you are still studying. In that case you can get up to 90 days.

As you are traveling you will need to cross a border and get a new 90 days when you return.

Ah....damnit

Well, I probably travel a bit around Thailand and go to a city close to the border to do my visa run...

I was also checking for going to other countries, but I have visited the most around here allready...

Was thinking about Hong Kong...but dont know if I would like that (big city, busy, more expensive).

Ow

and another question.

Maybe I get the extra week (till the 12th of August) at immigration. Is it wisely to just overstay till 18, 19 or 20 August?

It will save me a lot of time (most important) and money for not planning a trip just for doing a visa run.

As said, you will probably not get an extra week without showing an air ticket out of the country within that week.

Overstay is never wise, as when found out you can be arrested and hold till you pay the fine AND have a ticket out of the country.