Anyone Heard About New Fortuner Sportivo Lll ?

You can look it up on. Toyota Fortuner Sportivo new, on the web. Just a few change's. Crap wheel's. Cheaper Hi Fi no black on rear & front spoiler. Other than that the same. Must be cheaper as not as nice or good.

Edited by fredob43

You can look it up on. Toyota Fortuner Sportivo new, on the web. Just a few change's. Crap wheel's. Cheaper Hi Fi no black on rear & front spoiler. Other than that the same. Must be cheaper as not as nice or good.

Look it up where? I cannot seem any mention of Sportivo lll (3) anywhere, i am not tlaking about the one of their website now

The wheel's seem to be an option. As they have now got them in there extra's catalogue, at 11000 bt each. Good game A.

There is a full TD option pack for any Fortuner, but like i said, i am talking about someone saying there will be a Fortuner Sportivo lll (3) out come October ?

Apparently the Sportivo ll (2) is now sold out ? Also talk about going to the 2.5 litre engine only ?

There's some rumours circulating but that's about it - I've heard nothing from a credible source. The rumours say that there's a Sportivo III and an Aperto II coming in September. The rumoured changes don't appear to be too much though I'm afraid - apparently there's a new LCD screen for the audio-visual system and some minor cosmetic changes.

In any case, I'll wait until I hear something from someone I trust - a lot of these rumours are just the result of (sometimes good) guesses on the part of over-enthusiastic people fishing for inside info... I'm not suggesting that's you BTW - I'm referring to the Thai language websites where these types of rumours generally originate from.

I have a chum (Thai) who work's for Toyota going to see him in the next couple of day's. Will ask him if he know's anything. Or you could phone Toyota BKK 023861000 their very helpful. Heard a rumour the new one's going to be 2.5 How the hel_l can it be a sport's with a 2.5 lt engine. Glad Ive already got mine.... Now up for sale at more than cost... I jest. If I find out anything Ill put a new post in.

There's some rumours circulating but that's about it - I've heard nothing from a credible source. The rumours say that there's a Sportivo III and an Aperto II coming in September. The rumoured changes don't appear to be too much though I'm afraid - apparently there's a new LCD screen for the audio-visual system and some minor cosmetic changes.

In any case, I'll wait until I hear something from someone I trust - a lot of these rumours are just the result of (sometimes good) guesses on the part of over-enthusiastic people fishing for inside info... I'm not suggesting that's you BTW - I'm referring to the Thai language websites where these types of rumours generally originate from.

Thanks, Reason i asked is it was said by staff at Toyota Pattaya when i was trying to decide between Navi and Sportivo, They told me Sportivo is sold out !? and to wait until Sept Oct for New Sportivo lll, but they had no idea of prices and spec etc, the 2.5 engine mention was really taken from other threads here and all about Euro Compliance, i would go for the 3.0 Navi right away if 2.5 was indeed the case (As i am sure many People would) So now just to decide if to go with the Navi right now (And TRD it with the Extras) or wait ? I ponder :)

I have a chum (Thai) who work's for Toyota going to see him in the next couple of day's. Will ask him if he know's anything. Or you could phone Toyota BKK 023861000 their very helpful. Heard a rumour the new one's going to be 2.5 How the hel_l can it be a sport's with a 2.5 lt engine. Glad Ive already got mine.... Now up for sale at more than cost... I jest. If I find out anything Ill put a new post in.

Thanks

Have owned 2 fortuners and always been a fan. But I think it's just about had enough incarnations, and like the Yaris and Vios (both excellent) it's time to put them to bed and upgrade. Especially the dynamics.

Unlike a lot of European cars, e.g Golf and Porsche. Japanese cars need to refreshed more often.

Hard for the Fortuner since it's been a winner, and competitors don't seem to cut it. But for the price I think it's time for a change.

Have owned 2 fortuners and always been a fan. But I think it's just about had enough incarnations, and like the Yaris and Vios (both excellent) it's time to put them to bed and upgrade. Especially the dynamics.

Unlike a lot of European cars, e.g Golf and Porsche. Japanese cars need to refreshed more often.

Hard for the Fortuner since it's been a winner, and competitors don't seem to cut it. But for the price I think it's time for a change.

Mostly agree, but unfortunately the next IMV platform doesn't come until 2014, which probably means 2015 for the (true) next generation of the Fortuner. It's going to be awfully long in the tooth by then..

Maybe they will bring out a Landcruiser in Thailand :D

It's already here (and has been for a long time), thanks to the grey market..

Prices start around 3.3M for the Prado, or 6.4M for the real deal - hence why Toyota Thailand don't bother importing it themselves :)

Thanks, Reason i asked is it was said by staff at Toyota Pattaya when i was trying to decide between Navi and Sportivo, They told me Sportivo is sold out !? and to wait until Sept Oct for New Sportivo lll, but they had no idea of prices and spec etc, the 2.5 engine mention was really taken from other threads here and all about Euro Compliance, i would go for the 3.0 Navi right away if 2.5 was indeed the case (As i am sure many People would) So now just to decide if to go with the Navi right now (And TRD it with the Extras) or wait ? I ponder :)

3,0 already complies with Euro IV in Europe (171-211 hp/400+Nm) so why replace it to comply?

Edited by katabeachbum

3,0 already complies with Euro IV in Europe (171-211 hp/400+Nm) so why replace it to comply?

I have no idea, was just a thought taken from other posts (That you were an active participant) about the engines and maybe going to 2.5, So really i was just thinking out loud that IF they went to 2.5 i would be keener on replacing now with the 3.0 thats all :D

I have no idea, was just a thought taken from other posts (That you were an active participant) about the engines and maybe going to 2.5, So really i was just thinking out loud that IF they went to 2.5 i would be keener on replacing now with the 3.0 thats all :)

2,5 VN has peak power similar to 3,0 VN (which is detuned in LOS, still using the 163hp ECU since higher output ECU requires EuroIV diesel), but the longer power band for 3,0 makes it much stronger. In adition its the difference in hp. I dont see Toyota daring to replace 3,0 in 4x4 Fortuner. Thais are strong belivers in cc, since most have no clue of other specs.

If Toyota continues with these old 4 pots into EuroIV in LOS january 2012, I believe we will see 2,5 144hp and 3,0 171-211 hp. They cost approx the same to manufactor, so no reason to drop 3,0 except for logistic.

• 1 month later...

There definatley will be a sportivo III (so Toyota BKK told me!), the launch is in October. The reason I know is i actually ordered a fortuna Sportivo II and never recieved it. I saw all these sportivo II going around and kept calling my dealer asking where my one was, for 6 weeks i was told "Oh your next delivery" Finally I twisted off with toyota and the truth was that the order was supposed to be in by the 31st of March, my dealer never ordered my one until the 10th April, so he missed the deadline, now he was searching all over Thailand for " a spare one" hoping that someone might back out of a deal. Anyway, he never found one so I called head office in BKK, they called me back 3 days later with appoligies and said that they were sorry they could not find a Sportivo II but what Toyota was offering was to give me a Sportivo III in October at the same price as the Sportivo II. So we will wait until then and see what developes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went into Toyota in BKK yesterday about the new Fortuner and was told that the new one is coming out shortly. The guy I dealt with said he will have specifics and price around the middle of September and will contact me as soon as he gets them. He was also saying that first deliveries will be in October. I was wanting to buy a Sportivo earlier this year but didn't have any left so hoping that the new Sportivo(if that's what it is) is similar. If not I may just buy the Fortuner Navi if need be. Was also looking at the Pajero Sport and was impressed with the list of options. Will post on here as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers

• Like 1

Went into Toyota in BKK yesterday about the new Fortuner and was told that the new one is coming out shortly. The guy I dealt with said he will have specifics and price around the middle of September and will contact me as soon as he gets them. He was also saying that first deliveries will be in October. I was wanting to buy a Sportivo earlier this year but didn't have any left so hoping that the new Sportivo(if that's what it is) is similar. If not I may just buy the Fortuner Navi if need be. Was also looking at the Pajero Sport and was impressed with the list of options. Will post on here as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers

been to the Toyota Bara Windsor at Sala Deang (where i bought my camry 5 years ago), spoken to the same sales rep who sold me my car about the NEW FORTUNER and was told that there will be a Sportivo III TRD version, with new "hua qi", meaning only some parts of the engine was changed in order to increase fuel efficiency. It will be white like the previous Sportivo II and the price will cost like 10k thb more than the Sportivo. therefore meaning that it will be like the similar with the Fortuner which is sold in Thailand since late 2004.

knowing that, i called mitsubishi and asked for the price list on the Pejero Sport 3.2 GT.

was offered 1,267,000,

with

40% down payment, interest @ 1.2%

FOC:

1st year road tax (company owned @ 18,500thb)

1 year insurance

Por Ror Bor

Scuff Plate with LED

Carpet Matt

Cargo Tray

Netting

Side Visor

Mirror with LED

Front and Rear Airdam

Rear Garnish

Tail light Garnish

Rear View Camera

Anti Rust coating 5 times

3M films@ 40/60/80

what else should i ask for?

Went in again today and saw a briefing sheet on the new Sportivo III TRD Edition and a few changes were made like new front garnish, new wheels, new rear spoiler, new rear garnish and a few other things. I am still impressed with it and placed my order today. I am putting 50% down and getting 1.2% interest plus they are throwing in a bunch of extras like window tint, First class insurance, side mirror LEDs, and other things when i(actually the wife) irons out the details. I will be adding the rear camera as well(i insisted we get this because my wife has only driven our Honda Jazz and I think it's a wise thing to have for her) and was quoted 3-4000 baht for that and may add a drop down TV for the kids in the back. I know they haven't made any real changes to the Vehicle but I am impressed with previous Sportivos and the look and decided what the hel_l. I was almost going to buy the Pajero sport as I was impressed with that as well other than the navigation system set up and a few other things but in the end we chose the Fortuner. I am expecting to take delivery next time i'm back in country in October now.

• Like 1