Thai Airways Prices Cnx-bkk Return

newbie07

For some years I have been booking on Thai Airways website Chiang Mai - Bangkok lowest price economy return for around THB 4750-4900.

Recently the price appears to have shot up massively to THB 7000 for a wide range of dates in future. This may push me to use Air Asia more.

Wondering whether this is the experience of TV members too - and whether there are other options for perhaps get cheaper air fares on Thai?

Air Asia was offering just over 1300 Bt CNX-BKK one way for end of May.

I was told THai were discounting but like you saw only high prices on their website.

Maybe ask some of the travel agents like PP Travel

The best way is to ring TG office in either BKK or CNX direct ... they have a variety of non-advertised fares which are much cheaper than the posted fares on the net. If you book far enough in advance then AirAsia is easily the easiest ... or you could try NOK or 1-2-Go ... and funnily enough even Bangkok Airways have cheap deals ...

Thai's fares have really gone ridiculously out of proportion to the other airlines since this latest increase. Often they are almost double the cost of Air Asia, even when booking at relatively short notice. Whilst the point to point (i.e. no interlining of bags) nature of Air Asia puts some people off, I think there's got to be a pretty good reason to be paying double the price for a one hour flight.

Bangkok Airways is also worth a look - usually cheaper than Thai, plus they have new planes and they will interline with an increasing number of other airlines. The downside is they only fly a few times a day.

If you are travelling domestically, Nok to Don Muang is another option. DMK is much quicker to pass through than BKK. ALTHOUGH - with the present problems in the Din Daeng area it's not a good choice right now. Also flying to DMK are One Two Go; I wouldn't use them personally, but that's another story.

I had heard that Thai airways had upped there prices as much as 65% on some flights

We are going to Bali next month and found the cheapest air fare to be Singapore air plus they allow 20 kilos per bag. Air Asia only allows 15 kilos for free.

Thai has decided to promote the other airlines doing domestic business in Thailand. These are their new rates. I'm not sure why but the standard business plan in Thailand says that if you are not making enough profit or things are slowing down, raise your prices.

Air Asia was offering just over 1300 Bt CNX-BKK one way for end of May.

I was told THai were discounting but like you saw only high prices on their website.

Maybe ask some of the travel agents like PP Travel

Needed to book for other half early June, asked PP they quoted Thai at just under 6K baht return CM/BK. Booked Air Asia for 3100 baht total.

Ok I know i booked far ahead for travel oct/nov. 3 tickets cnx/bkk/dps (bali) including meals, baggage(15kg) and reserved seating 14,000. Thai and garuda were about 3 times the price

Was that per person or total of 3? On Air Asia ??

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

And the good news is, looking at their website yesterday, Thai are now offering the full range of fares again, starting from 4,880 Baht return, although this may not apply to their busiest flights.

So TG must have realised, what we all knew back in late-March, that charging the ridiculous fare of 7,000 Baht return, was bad for business. If only they looked at TV ocassionally, they might have learned this sooner ! B)

And the good news is, looking at their website yesterday, Thai are now offering the full range of fares again, starting from 4,880 Baht return, although this may not apply to their busiest flights.

So TG must have realised, what we all knew back in late-March, that charging the ridiculous fare of 7,000 Baht return, was bad for business. If only they looked at TV ocassionally, they might have learned this sooner ! B)

whoever came up with charging 7k baht for the airfare in the first place needs their head read, what kinda logic is that? TIT

whoever came up with charging 7k baht for the airfare in the first place needs their head read, what kinda logic is that? TIT

Totally agree, I suspect it was the new management, showing off how 'tough' they were, and how they planned to turn the airline round, by alienating the existing customers (wasn't that already done by the previous lot ?).

Take the train -- it's more fun and a lot cheaper!

My first spoken word was "twain", so I can only agree with you ! :D

Totally agree, I suspect it was the new management, showing off how 'tough' they were, and how they planned to turn the airline round, by alienating the existing customers (wasn't that already done by the previous lot ?).

Take the train -- it's more fun and a lot cheaper!

My first spoken word was "twain", so I can only agree with you ! :D

Taking the trrain with a bunch of drunk tourists is fun? Or are you sitting in a third class hard seat all night?

For 1000 baht (not much more than the train), I'd rather sleep at home and fly Air Asia.

Ok I know i booked far ahead for travel oct/nov. 3 tickets cnx/bkk/dps (bali) including meals, baggage(15kg) and reserved seating 14,000. Thai and garuda were about 3 times the price

Thanks.

the price was for 3 people. only trap is that you have to stay 1 night in bkk - i go to convenient inn from agoda. free round trip airport hotel airport only 700b for the night

Thanks.

the price was for 3 people. only trap is that you have to stay 1 night in bkk - i go to convenient inn from agoda. free round trip airport hotel airport only 700b for the night

As an aside, I agree with the note about Convenient Resort (correct name). I have stayed there multiple times while in transit. It is a quiet, clean, basic accommodation and inexpensive. There is a basic restaurant on premises and it is just a short walk to the local 7-Eleven.

David