CRES Imposes Curfew In Bangkok, many provinces

webfact

If Many Provinces, which ones please?

The Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced curfew in Bangkok and nearby cities and provinces in the North and Northeast earlier placed under emergency law.

if you live in one of the 15 provinces on this list, you might could be under curfew tonight.

A list would be more useful!

Here is the curfew document. Unfortunately it is in Thai. So if someone could offer a translation it should spread more light?

Curfew Announcement

The point #1 clearly state that the curfew apply to the Bangkok area.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outbound travellers need to show travelling document

Foreigners and local residents who have to catch international flights can proceed to the airport even after 8pm, when the curfew is imposed.

Acting government spokesman Panithan Wattanayakorn announced on TV that they need to show officers the travelling document - passports and tickets.

-- The Nation 2010-05-19

Also a MCOT thing on Cerfew only mentioned Bangkok, cant do a link for some reason, post #168 on page 7 on Live update Wednesday in TV news

If you are going to the airport and have e-ticket please print it out as you would need to show at road blocks :)

Now one can see who is at the core of this uprising. A bunch of hired goons. Thugs. Terrorists. Killers. Call them what you will. Individuals not capable of building anything so they choose to tear things down. Perhaps the only way to deal with this is a military coup then govern with an iron fist?

Sad events for Thailand. If the army fails to clean things up there will be an uprising amongst the people of Bangkok and it won't be pretty for these thugs.

The police must be completely overhauled, investigated and possibly jailed for their apparent complicity in these events.

I don't think there will be an election for quite some time. Would you want these thugs running your country?

I couldn't help but reply to this morons post. Who do you think BUILT Bangkok? Yes it was the poor people from esarn......You say they can't build ANYTHING but can only tear it down? Number 1 rule before replying on TV is (THINK) number 2 rule is (THINK AGAIN) number 3 is (Get your facts strait) Number 4 is (Think) Number 101 is (Reply)

those are the same thugs who nearly ended my life this afternoon at on nut? shame on you! bombing everything?!!

If they are so good at building, then may they be put to slave labor rebuilding everything they destroyed. and the next life as a buffalo for just punishment.

The Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced curfew in Bangkok and nearby cities and provinces in the North and Northeast earlier placed under emergency law.

if you live in one of the 15 provinces on this list, you might could be under curfew tonight.

A list would be more useful!

Here is the curfew document. Unfortunately it is in Thai. So if someone could offer a translation it should spread more light?

Curfew Announcement

it now officially applies to chaing mai. thai news at 7:51

The point #1 clearly state that the curfew apply to the Bangkok area.

Is the curfew for whole Bangkok or just the center?

I imagine its the whole. People just told me of a soldier firing at a red shirt at Suk Rd On Nut..! Difficult to follow situation as its developing so maybe stay indoors eh? Not sure what happening with TV forum now nation office is closed..?

maybe that was after I fled, at 4 o clock. at that time the rioters were thrashing the BKK bank across the road, and then bombs went off on the footbridge. hope they were avenged for trying to bomb and hurt innocent there like us, just trying to get home to the thai family after work.

Stay safe and get home soon :)

Now one can see who is at the core of this uprising. A bunch of hired goons. Thugs. Terrorists. Killers. Call them what you will. Individuals not capable of building anything so they choose to tear things down. Perhaps the only way to deal with this is a military coup then govern with an iron fist?

Sad events for Thailand. If the army fails to clean things up there will be an uprising amongst the people of Bangkok and it won't be pretty for these thugs.

The police must be completely overhauled, investigated and possibly jailed for their apparent complicity in these events.

I don't think there will be an election for quite some time. Would you want these thugs running your country?

I couldn't help but reply to this morons post. Who do you think BUILT Bangkok? Yes it was the poor people from esarn......You say they can't build ANYTHING but can only tear it down? Number 1 rule before replying on TV is (THINK) number 2 rule is (THINK AGAIN) number 3 is (Get your facts strait) Number 4 is (Think) Number 101 is (Reply)

those are the same thugs who nearly ended my life this afternoon at on nut? shame on you! bombing everything?!!

If they are so good at building, then may they be put to slave labor rebuilding everything they destroyed. and the next life as a buffalo for just punishment.

I am sorry you went thru what you went thru on your way

home around onnut, and have now read your same posting

about half a dozen times

but then you added "then may they be put to slave labor"

Sorry but this a sad statement, wither the adrenilin is still

running thru you are you are a _______________

Can someone confirm that the curfew doesn not apply for Pattaya? I just arrived here since I do not want to stay home without food near MBK...

Pattaya-Chonburi metropolitan area (เขตนครพัทยา-ชลบุรี) is a conurbanation in Chonburi Province of Thailand. It comprises Pattaya City, eight town municipalities, and 25 township municipalities in eight districts with 1,183,604 registered inhabitants as of 2010. Similar to Bangkok, the accuracy of official figures is not exactly known and the actual population is believed to be around 1.5 million due to uncounted of foreign laborers and an increasingly growing expatriate population.

Pattaya-Chonburi is one of the most urbanized areas in Thailand aside from Bangkok. Chonburi, a short way up north, is less diverse in its economy but has been a stable commercial center of the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand. The city relies on the large market in the province and is also one of Thailand's largest districts outside of Bangkok.

Further south of the Pattaya-Chonburi region is Rayong district, which is slowly being industrialized. Questions have arisen whether these sub-communities which are gradually connecting into one should be included with the metropolitan area. The number of housing projects along this coast might be compared to those in Bangkok. Currently, the Korat-Chonburi-Bangkok urban triangle is home to more than 20 million Thais, and by 2030, the Bangkok-Chonburi region is expected to be the official home of the same amount. sorry cannot help you with any more info :)

Can someone confirm that the curfew doesn not apply for Pattaya? I just arrived here since I do not want to stay home without food near MBK...

Pattaya-Chonburi metropolitan area (เขตนครพัทยา-ชลบุรี) is a conurbanation in Chonburi Province of Thailand. It comprises Pattaya City, eight town municipalities, and 25 township municipalities in eight districts with 1,183,604 registered inhabitants as of 2010. Similar to Bangkok, the accuracy of official figures is not exactly known and the actual population is believed to be around 1.5 million due to uncounted of foreign laborers and an increasingly growing expatriate population.

Pattaya-Chonburi is one of the most urbanized areas in Thailand aside from Bangkok. Chonburi, a short way up north, is less diverse in its economy but has been a stable commercial center of the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand. The city relies on the large market in the province and is also one of Thailand's largest districts outside of Bangkok.

Further south of the Pattaya-Chonburi region is Rayong district, which is slowly being industrialized. Questions have arisen whether these sub-communities which are gradually connecting into one should be included with the metropolitan area. The number of housing projects along this coast might be compared to those in Bangkok. Currently, the Korat-Chonburi-Bangkok urban triangle is home to more than 20 million Thais, and by 2030, the Bangkok-Chonburi region is expected to be the official home of the same amount. sorry cannot help you with any more info :)

Chiangmai- I went out to see what was going on down near the river. When I got there about 500 soldiers were standing on navarat bridge facing off a small crowd of red-shirts. The red-shirts were taunting the soldiers so I left but went back later to see what happened and all the red-shirts had run away the soldiers were sitting around relaxing. Meanwhile plumes of black smoke down the river where a truck full of tires was burning.

My red-shirt friends who run a small juice bar were laughing among themsleves as if this were a day of great victory for them but acted coldly to me as they know I despise Thaksin. They way they act its almost as if they know something that I dont know and they dont even care if I understand it or not.

I thought we are no longer friends now it has come to this.

I never thought a day like this would come to Chiangmai.

Now I wonder whats next?

What happens to the weary traveller wh arrives on a plane after 8pm and wants to go to his/her hotel. got to stay at the airport till 6 am I guess.

He gets shot. He should know better. Or he could hold up his child as a shield.

Right, he gots shot by a red amok-yaba sniper, don't take a children as shield, they kill children.

I hope only a good army-sniper has a good "final shot", allowed by international law (Genava convention)

Chiangmai- I went out to see what was going on down near the river. When I got there about 500 soldiers were standing on navarat bridge facing off a small crowd of red-shirts. The red-shirts were taunting the soldiers so I left but went back later to see what happened and all the red-shirts had run away the soldiers were sitting around relaxing. Meanwhile plumes of black smoke down the river where a truck full of tires was burning.

My red-shirt friends who run a small juice bar were laughing among themsleves as if this were a day of great victory for them but acted coldly to me as they know I despise Thaksin. They way they act its almost as if they know something that I dont know and they dont even care if I understand it or not.

I thought we are no longer friends now it has come to this.

I never thought a day like this would come to Chiangmai.

Now I wonder whats next?

Sir you better take care ok :)

Thanks, but I wasn't asking for a geography lesson but whether the curfew applies to Pattaya (or only the state of emergency)

Sorry cannot help you :)

The announcement that was linked to (somewhere) above only mentions Bangkok.

It's possible that there were some supplementary announcements that I haven't heard of though.

BBC just announced curfew extended to 21 provinces!

Is Chonburi/Pattay included in the curfew?

Chris

Now 24

Here is the list of 24 provinces under emergency law as of now:

Added today at 18:00: Kalasin and Mukdaharn (from The Nation)

Added 16th May: Ratchathani, Mahasarakham, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Bua Lampu (from Xinhua)

Added 13 May: Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang, Nakhon Sawan, Col Sansern said. (from Bangkok Post)

anyone from Chiang Mai? I'm watching reports from Chiang Mai Mail on the Facebook The reds blocked Nawarot Bridge, burning tires, buildings on fire, banks are being robbed... Lots of helicopters in the air - that's all i can see.. (sorry for off topic, someone should create a topic for the news from the provinces - i can see that there is a lot of this suff happening)

Yes, you are correct, they are burning tyres on the bridge, they are also burning a bank on Thapae, beats burning rice stuble I suppose.

Most of these building are made of block and concrete. How do you burn concrete?

The terrorists have international consulters, not only in economics. Killing is their aim. Thaksin is their teacher (war on drigs)

My two cents worth, I listened to the broadcasts from the CRES spokesman most of this evening and when he spoke in Thai & English he said Bangkok was under curfew. This was to allow security forces to continue operations in area's where "terrorists were still at large.

He spoke also about foreigners travelling to airports and ports tonight and to be in possession of passports/travel docs when stopped at check points.

Thanks, but I wasn't asking for a geography lesson but whether the curfew applies to Pattaya (or only the state of emergency)

Latest news

Thailand: Curfew extended across 23 Thai provinces, incl Chiang Mai and Pattaya

Update: ATM machines to shut down nationwide during curfew period.

A few hours ago, bank officials said that ATM machines would remain up and running. Telling people not to panic.

Freaking liars. :)

This cat came out, where is the pig of the earth? No more salary? and you don't stop? Your friends are burning Thailand, and you still open your mouth?

Update: ATM machines to shut down nationwide during curfew period.

A few hours ago, bank officials said that ATM machines would remain up and running. Telling people not to panic.

Freaking liars. :)

It's OK. You are not allowed to go out to get money anyway. And nothing is open so you can't spend it.

Everything will (should) be open at 6am in the morning, so you can go and get some cash when you get your milk.

Here is the list of 24 provinces under emergency law as of now:

Added today at 18:00: Kalasin and Mukdaharn (from The Nation)

Added 16th May: Ratchathani, Mahasarakham, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Bua Lampu (from Xinhua)

Added 13 May: Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang, Nakhon Sawan, Col Sansern said. (from Bangkok Post)

I am in Udon Thani province (not the city). There is no curfew here and no BIB either, but then again there very rarely are any BIB here.

Deal this with a military coup? What do you think is happening now? Today's event is THE military operation and the curfew is for military to take out the remaining insidious elements. If the military cannot do the job now, a military coup with another and different military to do the job? Military rom where?

The Reds have planned this already. Burning down BKK is only part of their contingency plan because they have already expected that the Rajprasong would be taken down. There are uprising everywhere especially in the North and Northeast, where their stronghold is. It's another chess move by them to force the hands of the government. If we really want this debacle to end, the military will really need to clean up this insidious element tonight or in a few nights. Sad to lose lives but this will be at a price that this country must pay to move forward.

The bottom line is that the underlying problem is the most people do not have enough education or knowledge to know what is best for this country. That is why they are easily manipulated and I don't need to name the manipulator here. It would be nice if he meets his fate as Seh Daeng, but then again, he is only an instigator or the spark to the bomb. Not actually the underlying problem. It takes two to tangle. If this country wants to see improvement , reform the education system so everyone can think and make informed decision. Then the manipulator's manipulation will fall on deaf ears. IMHO.