Curfew Tonight In Pattaya, Yes Or No?

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't help thinking that all this curfew stuff helps serves the Government cause of garnering support against the Red movement. Having had some sympathies towards the Red cause, all I can now say is som nam nar Reds.

i agree, i was a red hater already but this just intensified my negative feelings towards them

it made me feel that the problem was a lot closer to home than i had imagined and that i had become embroiled in it as well as the people of Bangkok

its a good psychological move on the part of the government and heightens everyone's awareness of the red menace

Can't help thinking that all this curfew stuff helps serves the Government cause of garnering support against the Red movement. Having had some sympathies towards the Red cause, all I can now say is som nam nar Reds.

i agree, i was a red hater already but this just intensified my negative feelings towards them

it made me feel that the problem was a lot closer to home than i had imagined and that i had become embroiled in it as well as the people of Bangkok

its a good psychological move on the part of the government and heightens everyone's awareness of the red menace

I am not so sure this is a psych-ops move (the curfew). I think the government is correct that the country is now under a major threat. I already hate the reds an awful lot so to me the curfew makes no difference.

I read this post on One Pattaya News:

"The curfew in Pattaya and 23 other provinces has been extended for 3 more nights up to and including Saturday 22 May – just confirmed from Al Jazeera. Read elsewhere that if the cops catch you on the street after 9 p.m., they are entitled to give you a 1000 baht on the spot fine or, if you can’t pay or refuse to pay, it’s jail for you until the curfew ends at 5 a.m."

Did just see a group of Red Shirts breaking Branches of Trees in the little Forest behind my Condo, sure there will be activities going on in Pattaya too. Its not over now, may be an interesting Day, to put it friendly

Branches of trees? To do what with?

:)to roast marshmellows

Thats the one, apparently all town halls are being torched

Seriously doubt it. Would have hit the news virtually instantly...

There's a few town halls torched, out of thousands all over Thailand...

For what I know you are allowed out if you have to travel, for example to the Airport or a port. But you have to have the Travel Documents ready to show at a check point.

Dont know if Airport Agogo is giving Tickets now, so you may better stay home.

I heard that Farang are allowed out after curfew starts as long as they carry their passports. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

A curfew includes everyone and why would you want to venture out anyway ?

And don't rely on the 1000 baht fine rumour either.

It's not the police you need to worry about.

The governement spokesman announced on TV yesterday evening in English that all foreigners must obey the curfew and stay in their homes.

The only exceptions are those who are travelling, in which case they must carry their passports and air tickets which will be inspected at road blocks.

I would guess this is where the information became distorted.

Not a god idea to out - everyone, including the police are very nervous. The red shirt trouble at Lam Chabang could easily spread to Pattaya, as many of the protesters are from here.

What is so special about going out under a curfew especially if you are a Pattaya longtimer!?!

I find a few drinks at home quite relaxing, but I will head out for my sunset beer soon, making sure to return home well before 9 pm.

It would not come to my mind to go out in the city tonight.

I heard that Farang are allowed out after curfew starts as long as they carry their passports. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

A curfew includes everyone and why would you want to venture out anyway ?

And don't rely on the 1000 baht fine rumour either.

It's not the police you need to worry about.

Use your imagination.

I enjoy riding around town and along the beach front at night when the traffic is light and temperatures are pleasant. I often ride up to the Pattaya lookout or find a place to sit and relax on the beach front at night in the Dongtan/Jomtien area.

Who should I be worried about?

If you don't have facts, please don't reply as I'm well aware of the rumours.

Edited by tropo

i am heading out tonite, will try to find a beer bar closeby

I will be out too, cops didnt seem to worry last night, couple of the closeby bars were still serving about 11:30pm last night.

Guys, you are guests in Thailand. Obey the laws and government directions.

There is a curfew. Follow it! Sorry but if your life requires you to find a girl/boy every night or drink yourself stupid... go home

I am home! It just spoils my odd night out.

There is a curfew. Follow it! Sorry but if your life requires you to find a girl/boy every night or drink yourself stupid... go home

Yes, you should follow the law.

About 90% of the motorbikes I've seen from my balcony have riders and passengers who've ditched the helmet.

Welcome to Thailand.

We are Paying! guests, Thailand needs to remember that!