Curfew Tonight In Pattaya, Yes Or No?

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, of course, we want facts, but sometimes the first we hear of facts are rumors. So, can anyone confirm that Big C is on fire? Probably not, we are on curfew!

yes it would be good if Howard or someone could confirm the veracity of these rumours, as if true they are very disturbing.

Also the post about "thousands of red shirts on Sukhumvit" preventing people from leaving Pattaya.

I hope there is substance to these stories, otherwise they are irresponsible.

I just got home this morning. The highway out of Pattaya was fine all the way to the airport. I was surprised that there was only one soldier per booth at the tolls and only one main checkpoint into the airport. We just motored right through, didn't even stop at the checkpoint.

Message for all home owners in Thailand and Pattaya

Your 10 million baht condo or house is now worth about 99 baht.

:D

i don't think you understand Thai economy. in times of struggle and strife, they raise the prices. so, yes, in reality your house might be worth 99 baht, but don't put it on the market for anything less than 11 million.

I like the way the Thais do that to certain point. The opposite extreme is to do like the airline industry does. Make prices so low that you never make money and you go bankrupt every 5 years. :)

Yes, of course, we want facts, but sometimes the first we hear of facts are rumors. So, can anyone confirm that Big C is on fire? Probably not, we are on curfew!

yes it would be good if Howard or someone could confirm the veracity of these rumours, as if true they are very disturbing.

Also the post about "thousands of red shirts on Sukhumvit" preventing people from leaving Pattaya.

I hope there is substance to these stories, otherwise they are irresponsible.

I just got home this morning. The highway out of Pattaya was fine all the way to the airport. I was surprised that there was only one soldier per booth at the tolls and only one main checkpoint into the airport. We just motored right through, didn't even stop at the checkpoint.

Probably by noon today the whole red shirt protest is forgotten. :)

Re : Sathahip .... My understanding (but what do I know) is that a visiting US naval ship has been picketed with red shirt blockades as it was felt the US was a friend of the Thai government and 5,000 + sailors did not come ashore as they usually do.

They are correct. The USA and Thailand are very close allies, whatever the Thai government that is in power at the time. The USA and Thailand regularly engage in joint military operations and of course the reds are angry at the Thai military. However, they are silly if they think that the USA has taken explicit sides in this current internal Thai conflict, of course, not expecting too much high level intellectual analysis from red rioters.

Edited by Jingthing

Did just see a group of Red Shirts breaking Branches of Trees in the little Forest behind my Condo, sure there will be activities going on in Pattaya too. Its not over now, may be an interesting Day, to put it friendly

Did just see a group of Red Shirts breaking Branches of Trees in the little Forest behind my Condo, sure there will be activities going on in Pattaya too. Its not over now, may be an interesting Day, to put it friendly

Branches of trees? To do what with?

Re : Sathahip .... My understanding (but what do I know) is that a visiting US naval ship has been picketed with red shirt blockades as it was felt the US was a friend of the Thai government and 5,000 + sailors did not come ashore as they usually do.

They are correct. The USA and Thailand are very close allies, whatever the Thai government that is in power at the time. The USA and Thailand regularly engage in joint military operations and of course the reds are angry at the Thai military. However, they are silly if they think that the USA has taken explicit sides in this current internal Thai conflict, of course, not expecting too much high level intellectual analysis from red rioters.

Why do you go along with these rumors. Like the Thai Navy is going to let the red shirts on the naval base where the ships dock. Sure. I would have thought you would be more sensitive to going along with false rumors. You have been here long enough to know better!

Why do you go along with these rumors. Like the Thai Navy is going to let the red shirts on the naval base where the ships dock. Sure. I would have thought you would be more sensitive to going along with false rumors. You have been here long enough to know better!

Who said they were on the base itself and why do you think it was just a rumor ?

I don't know, maybe to make there barricades look more nice?

Who said they were on the base itself and why do you think it was just a rumor ?

Have you ever been to Sattahip? Where do you think the ships dock? Where would one protest?

Go to Sattahip and have a look around. I'm there every day. No one protesting here. Why would you post rumors like that? Who told you? Afraid to tell us?

There is enough trouble in Thailand without goofy people making up stories.

Why don't you report it to the CRES Hotline 191, respectively ask a Thai friend to do so?

Kindling :)

Police who normally accompany US navy shore patrols were the source of the information on the demonstration against the visiting ship now in Sattahip.

That seemed reliable enough to me. But I could be mistaken abut exactly where that demonstration was.

People are concerned for their safety right now and are looking for information.

Not only that, there are a lot of factories now trying to decide how and when to send their shift workers home tonight as clear information about the curfew applying to Chonburi is not available.

Amazing, all day and all night the Thai are watching TV and are listening to the radio. Wasn't there nobody listening around 4 p.m. when the gov't announced the curfew in BKK and 15 other provinces?

Police who normally accompany US navy shore patrols were the source of the information on the demonstration against the visiting ship now in Sattahip.

That seemed reliable enough to me. But I could be mistaken abut exactly where that demonstration was.

What city where the police from?

Got quite frightened last night,hid under the bed,tgf pulled me up this morning checked my extremities,never let go really.

When the tough gets going ...blah blah I just lie under the bed

Someone from our daughters school ( BEST ) just called, said no school tomorrow and not til further notice , :)

at least you got a call i had to drive all the way there only to be told to turn around and go home again which made me late for work .

Can't help thinking that all this curfew stuff helps serves the Government cause of garnering support against the Red movement. Having had some sympathies towards the Red cause, all I can now say is som nam nar Reds.

Edited by SantiSuk

Just hope they do not start setting fire to the condo's, I do not think my insurance cover will cover this.

Traffic this morning in Pattaya at 6am was obviously a lot lighter than normal, everyone wanting to know what's going to unfold today.

Have a good one.

NormanW

it's still dead on the streets near my office in jomtiem do they know something we don't ?????????

Well it's official now. Just heard on CNN that the curfew will be extended for another 3 nights. Curfew applies to Bangkok and 23 provinces (including Chonburi). However times of the curfew will be lessened to 9pm to 5am. Banks closed until the weekend, and ATMs turned off during the hours of curfew.

I guess WS will be closed totally until Sunday at least.

Edited by Rimmer
Discussion of moderation is not allowed

Actually I would definitely say it is a case of som nom na for the reds, the major source of income for the people they 'supposedly' represent is going to take a one major blow due to this curfew.

The lasting damage could be a lot worse.