Thai Court Approves Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin On Terrorism Charge

webfact

Court approves arrest warrant against Thaksin, 9 others on terrorism charge

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court Wednesday approved the request of the Department of Special Investigation to issue arrest warrant against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and nine other people on charge of terrorism.

DSI director-general Tharit Pengdit said the nine other people wanted on the arrest warrant are Adisorn Piengket, Wiphuthalaeng Phattanaphumthai, Phayup Punket, Jeng Dokjik, Wichian Khaokham, Aree Krainara, Suksek Poltua, Surachai Thewarat and Rachata Wongyod.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're talking. Contrary to corruption charges, a lot of countries have the legal framework to arrest and extradite people wanted on terrorism charges. Thaksin can at least say bye bye to any first-world country for the foreseeable future - and maybe with a bit of luck see the inside of a jail cell very soon.

start taking the properties as well, give them nowhere to stay, get em back here and make sure the world sees them for what they really are.

Knowing the Thai system, they will get bail and disappear like always, this time no bail, start getting confirmation beyond reasonable doubt that they were the ring leaders and associates, use those in custody and interrogate them till they spill the

beans, these <deleted> have ruined everything for the people they wanted to help, namely the poor and the farmers up North, whose products will not be required in Bangkok at shopping malls, cause they will be being rebuilt.

Are all of you commenting completely clueless? You think any of your calls for "justice" etc are ever in a million years going to happen here? "Bring Thaksin to justice!" Man, you guys live in this country for years and yet know NOTHING!

I'm so grateful we have someone like you that knows EVERYTHING. So, please enlighten us...but please keep it civil (i undertsnd that's hard you..........nearly forgot my manners!) Seriously, give us a concise rundown of what you know.....

Are all of you commenting completely clueless? You think any of your calls for "justice" etc are ever in a million years going to happen here? "Bring Thaksin to justice!" Man, you guys live in this country for years and yet know NOTHING!

I think you're clueless, not putting into consideration the seriousness with which terrorist charges are taken internationally. I see you have ten posts and have a virgin relationship with thailand, since you failed to share with us your valueable expertise, yet call us clueless.

Now we're talking. Contrary to corruption charges, a lot of countries have the legal framework to arrest and extradite people wanted on terrorism charges. Thaksin can at least say bye bye to any first-world country for the foreseeable future - and maybe with a bit of luck see the inside of a jail cell very soon.

Luckily he stocked up with Louis Vuitton bags at the week-end for more travels ahead. Probably his last trip to France or any developed country for a while. The court also needs urgently to issue an arrest warrant for his wife, who withdrew $36 million in cash that may well have been used to finance terrorism, and her staff who withdrew the money. One of them is that dodgy woman that was sentenced to prison for tax evasion along with Potjaman and is out on bail which should be immediately revoked.

Couple of poolside cells at Gitmo would be satisfactory

he was in france last week end buying a louis vuitton bag for his daughter...

call sarkozy...

I am still not convinced he will be convicted or even arrested. They seem to be throwing out arrest warrants here and there.

Now Arisman has been arrested and transferred to Border Control Police (or something like that). We have seen just how inactive the police have been recently. Why wasn't he transferred to the military camp at Hua Hin together with the other leaders? I am sure he'll e out on bail tomorrow and out of the country within hours.

Edit Just seen that it's Naresuan border patrol police camp in Phetchburi

Edited by petedk

Well there are also terrorism charges out against Kasit and he became minister of foreign affairs. From Kasit can be proven that he was there and played a roll, from Thaksin you can only assume that he was involved. Fact is that this government does not get it. Was there buzz word Reconciliation? First we need a new PM, a man with big big balls who does not hide and leave the interviews to his buddy Korn but who assures the people of Thailand. For now I would say Thaksin is as much to blame as Suthep and Abhisit. It will become very cozy in prison soon.

he was in france last week end buying a louis vuitton bag for his daughter...

call sarkozy...

Yep, I'll miss my home country and it's diminutive president even less if they don't grab Thaksin.

Well there are also terrorism charges out against Kasit and he became minister of foreign affairs. From Kasit can be proven that he was there and played a roll, from Thaksin you can only assume that he was involved. Fact is that this government does not get it. Was there buzz word Reconciliation? First we need a new PM, a man with big big balls who does not hide and leave the interviews to his buddy Korn but who assures the people of Thailand. For now I would say Thaksin is as much to blame as Suthep and Abhisit. It will become very cozy in prison soon.

LMFAO. Still talking about that, in light of your Red Hero's Day of Terror?

A bit hard to expect calm in a raging storm, but hope there is still some level headed people in the military, because that will be who is really capable of getting things under control, albeit, many will be looking at their next life or bare the scars for the rest of their lives with this unfortunate option.

The problem is it seems this is far from over for the thaksins. A nice article (i try to find it again) was talking about the next step of Thaksin in case of a fail with the red manifestations: Obviously his next step would be sabotage all around Thailand to destabilize even more the government

For Sarkozy, this small president will do nothing as long as Thaksin can invite him on his yacht

Anyone who funded these Red Shirt activities should be part of these arrest warrants

I am surprise Thai people have not gotten angry and burned down Mr. T's and all his family, houses yet

Yes.. I am surprised at this myself... They should strip Mr. T's property naked... and loot all his possessions...

And, wish the police standby and watch and come to the rescue once everything has burned to the ground.. just like they did during the Red Shirt demonstrations..