Read A Summary of Thai Tax Laws page 16. Tax info for individuals starts on page 11.

I believe non-UK residents are not normally liable to UK tax on overseas income, but generally pay tax on their UK income.

From a UK tax lawyer's website...

* Basically a person's domicile is the country that the individual regards as his or her natural home. Each person has only one domicile which is normally, but not always the country of birth; it can be changed, usually with some difficulty.

* Ordinary residence is the country where a person normally lives or makes habitual visits, ie visits of three months or more a year over four consecutive years.

* Residence in the UK is normally established by someone who visits the UK for at least six months in any one tax year, or three months a year over four consecutive years.

Consult a tax attorney to be sure.

what are the tax rates in thailand if i declare myself non resident in the uk whay am i expected to pay on salary?

Depends where your salary comes from...

If it comes from the UK - it will be taxed in the UK.

If it comes from Thailand - it will be taxed in Thailand.

If it comes from somewhere else, depends on that country's tax rules, but if no double taxation agreement is in place, you could end up paying tax twice if you're in Thailand for more than 180 days (or 183?), as you will be liable to tax in Thailand on any money you take into Thailand from the same year's income.

thohts' plan for tax efficiency...

Live in Thailand.

Get paid from a UK company.

Have them pay you via wire at a Hong Kong bank.

Bring only income from the last tax year into Thailand.

0% tax! (I think)

my situation is i work offshore for a danish company get payed through guernsey a taxfree haven then can get it transfered to a uk bank but if i declare myself non resident in the uk and own no property there but will only be in thailand for about 160 days a year who am i liable to pay tax to any ideas?

If I am reading this correctly, a LLC. would pay 30% on net proffits.... and then does the owner need to pay an income tax from that point?

If so, that is a chunk of money, enough to keep a person from wanting to form an LLC, or at least encourage a person to hide as much as possible.