Red Shirts

MHM

Hi MHM,

Sad to report that this is a Army Town :D so all is quite.

I did see an hour or so ago in town an Army Truck full of Red Shirts being driven toward Lat Yai, school kids wearing Red shirts. :D

Sawadee :)

Hi MHM,

Sad to report that this is a Army Town :D so all is quite.

Well, quite quiet anyway.

In the 15 years that I've lived in Kan, it has seen it's fair share of violence without any red shirts adding to things.

'Mad Monk' raping and killing female tourists. Copper killing two Brit tourists plus the killings between the locals. A Thai friend of mine ' taken out' plus the son of my house builder gruesomely murdered plus my police neighbour and his wife shot dead execution style....and those are only the ones I know of!! :)

Glad that I live in a nice quiet village after reading the above although somebody nearby did have a gas bottle stolen about 2 years ago.

Perhaps you shouldn't be too complacent "apetley". I don't even live in a village....not for the past eleven years anyway.

I wouldn't call myself complacent but really haven't come into contact with nearly as much violence as yourself so am grateful for that.

I think farangs have very little to be afraid of here if they are sensible.

Most of the killing seems to be Thai on Thai and the antagonists seem to have some relationship either business or family.

As for the two Brit tourists that was horrific. I heard from a friend on 'the strip' that the British guy spat in the face of the drunk shot cop. Still no excuse whatsoever to get shot but I doubt that any farang who has lived here for any length of time would let themselves get into such a situation.

Sorry for the delay in replying 'apetley' but I've been a bit busy these past few days, attending a funeral being one duty I've had to do.....no, nothing sinister just a death through illness. I'm sure you are quite safe where you live. I feel fairly safe where I am. As you say, as long as one is sensible.

There was another farang killing more recently that I forgot to mention . Perhaps you heard about it too when an Australian tourist got shot by accident when she was entering one of the bars on the 'strip' opposite where the waterworks are. It was a ride-by shooting and she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Very tragic. Aussie Steve who now has the 'Round the Corner' bar was actually sat in the bar at the time and was lucky to avoid one of the bullets that just missed him.

Stay safe :)

Edited by prodriver

Sorry for the delay in replying 'apetley' but I've been a bit busy these past few days, attending a funeral being one duty I've had to do.....no, nothing sinister just a death through illness. I'm sure you are quite safe where you live. I feel fairly safe where I am. As you say, as long as one is sensible.

There was another farang killing more recently that I forgot to mention . Perhaps you heard about it too when an Australian tourist got shot by accident when she was entering one of the bars on the 'strip' opposite where the waterworks are. It was a ride-by shooting and she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Very tragic. Aussie Steve who now has the 'Round the Corner' bar was actually sat in the bar at the time and was lucky to avoid one of the bullets that just missed him.

Stay safe :D

During the World Cup 2006 :) I think

Stay safe :D

During the World Cup 2006 :) I think

Your right Kan, 2006. Police friend of the family thought that it was gang/bar owner related.

Never heard of anyone getting caught.