Anyone Thinking Of Leaving Thailand Tomorrow?

upinthesky

With these curfew and restriction going on around Thailand. I need to stock foods and supplies just in case something goes wrong tomorrow. I am thinking of leaving Thailand for a short trip, and be back after thing back to normal. There are burning of buildings and people robbing 7-11 stores around LOS. Any idea where should I go for a short trip? How about Laos, Vietnam or Malaysia?

Penang would be a nice place for a short holiday, however I dont see any reason to leave. Not that I am busy working, the Reds did there best to scare most of my Customer away. If I would be in Bangkok I may would think about it, but then who is looking after my place.

am about to book a flight on TIGER to Singapore right now for tomorrow morning 8.45 a.m., and then hop over the Causeway to Malaysia (as SG is way too expensive these days).

Flight was around 2600 THB incl. Taxes and luggage 15 KG, but then my internet went offline, and now, 3 hrs later, the price has now climbed to around 3000 THB. seems like others have the same idea too.

I am just worried I might not be able to get a cab tomorrow morning to the airport here from RAM / Huamak area..... but I think I have to take the risk...

If I stay here I would become a victim, most stores in my local area had shut down. The government is restricting our freedom. Facebook got blocked apparently for no reason.

Someone's sounding a bit paranoid.

Better start taking the medication again.

And repeat the mantra "Facebook is not my life", "Facebook is not my life", "Facebook is not my life", "Facebook is not my life", "Facebook is not my life" etc.

am about to book a flight on TIGER to Singapore right now for tomorrow morning 8.45 a.m., and then hop over the Causeway to Malaysia (as SG is way too expensive these days).

Flight was around 2600 THB incl. Taxes and luggage 15 KG, but then my internet went offline, and now, 3 hrs later, the price has now climbed to around 3000 THB. seems like others have the same idea too.

I am just worried I might not be able to get a cab tomorrow morning to the airport here from RAM / Huamak area..... but I think I have to take the risk...

GOSH !!!! flight confirmed !!!!

3.100 THB incl. luggage and 20 KG luggage (u never know how long that lasts here in BKK).

after completing the booking, checked TIGER AIR website again, and now both flights tomorrow are around 6.000 THB !!!

probably they suddenly realized that many would try to leave the country tomorrow on short notice and increased the prices to the highest level ! friday flights still very cheap on TIGER, just as a hint.....

Edited by THAILIBAN

If I stay here I would become a victim, most stores in my local area had shut down. The government is restricting our freedom. Facebook got blocked apparently for no reason.

How would you become a victim?..because you cant buy a carton of milk!

Tha government is restricting your freedom at night time while it tries to get control of the situation,they are trying to clear the bad guys so you can enjoy your freedom.

And your comment about facebook well thats just to bad in it!

<deleted> grow up man! :)

Can't afford to go :) But I am planning to get out of town for the day with my family to get away from the BS..

First I had planned to go just to Pattaya for a few days, where accom is cheap and widely available, but not sure if the busses are still running and if such an overland-trip would be safe.

after all, the red Mob is active in Chonburi now too and their actions are irrational

Thinking seriously of sending my kids to the folks at home in Europe. I'll stay because I need to look after my property, my animals (cat and dog) and my cafe. Mrs is already over seas but planning to come back in 3 weeks - may tell her to postpone if its not over by then too.

//edit: 'C' key not working properly on this machine - need a hammer to get the bloody thing to work//

Edited by wolf5370

Thinking seriously of sending my kids to the folks at home in Europe. I'll stay because I need to look after my property, my animals (cat and dog) and my cafe. Mrs is already over seas but planning to come back in 3 weeks - may tell her to postpone if its not over by then too.

//edit: 'C' key not working properly on this machine - need a hammer to get the bloody thing to work//

good idea to sent them to early-summer Europe if you can afford to do so !

spares them a possible Trauma.....

Can't afford to go :) But I am planning to get out of town for the day with my family to get away from the BS..

First I had planned to go just to Pattaya for a few days, where accom is cheap and widely available, but not sure if the busses are still running and if such an overland-trip would be safe.

after all, the red Mob is active in Chonburi now too and their actions are irrational

pattaya under curfew now, every where shut, just had to leave WS ah well always another night.

What's with the mass cowardice? This isn't the firebombing of Dresden or Hitler shooting off rockets at London. People just need to settle down this intermittent violence will die down soon enough.

Sorry mate, call it cowadice if you like, but I don't take risks with my kids lives and liberty. If I think its getting too dangerous and that if I wait their escape may be blocked, then to gran's they go. Comparing to Dresden or the Blitz is pointless, its not a war between nations, so apples and pears. A better analogy may be Rowanda - its not got that far yet, but you can't deny that its spread, escalating and looking more and more menacing. I am sure its pretty well known that most farang are not exactly Thaksin or Red Shit (oops Freudian slip) sympathisers and as they are happy now to attack anyone that is not squarely in their camp and as looting becomes a greater part of the reason for targetting, I doubt we will be left alone. Besides, with schools being continually disrupted, they are missing out on education too.

What's with the mass cowardice? This isn't the firebombing of Dresden or Hitler shooting off rockets at London. People just need to settle down this intermittent violence will die down soon enough.

certainly it will not die down unless the army REALLY uses force.

the red MOB just tasted blood and I am sure they love it, and will continue like that until some kind of authorities kicks them out or terminates them

Sorry mate, call it cowadice if you like, but I don't take risks with my kids lives and liberty. If I think its getting too dangerous and that if I wait their escape may be blocked, then to gran's they go. Comparing to Dresden or the Blitz is pointless, its not a war between nations, so apples and pears. A better analogy may be Rowanda - its not got that far yet, but you can't deny that its spread, escalating and looking more and more menacing. I am sure its pretty well known that most farang are not exactly Thaksin or Red Shit (oops Freudian slip) sympathisers and as they are happy now to attack anyone that is not squarely in their camp and as looting becomes a greater part of the reason for targetting, I doubt we will be left alone. Besides, with schools being continually disrupted, they are missing out on education too.

well said !

I couldn't agree more !!!!

I'm off to blighty for 6 months as soon as I can get my family holiday Visa's, been waiting to go down to Bangkok and get it sorted, but thinking about biting the bullet (no pun intended) and going to KL. I've got a 10 month old baby I don't want anywhere near trouble :)

The red are scattered everywhere and start burning building off the ground. Who knows if they try to burn every building in Bangkok. Red are animals, have no human conscious. Thailand has become the dangerous country. I begin not feeling safe in this country. Afraid that these idiots will randomly attack pedestrian like in the south. Once the curfew is lift, my next destination would be Kuala Lumpur.

The red are scattered everywhere and start burning building off the ground. Who knows if they try to burn every building in Bangkok. Red are animals, have no human conscious. Thailand has become the dangerous country. I begin not feeling safe in this country. Afraid that these idiots will randomly attack pedestrian like in the south. Once the curfew is lift, my next destination would be Kuala Lumpur.

and mine is Singapore, at least if I can make it to the airport safely..... just wait for the end of the curfew too....

I think Phuket should be safe as there is little or no red shirt influence there and the mafia would likely scare away the red thugs. :)

Always wondered why Phuket doesn't become their own state... allow foreign ownership... no taxes for retired foreigners... they would be so much better off imho.

I know a lot of you guys living there don't want to hear this but given the problems in other parts of Thailand it is true.

Maybe all the complaints about paying extra for Patong taxis can now be put in perspective?

Actually I should mention that the safest place in Thailand would be either Phuket or Hua Hin. Hua Hin is home to the King's residence and probably untouchable.

Hua Hin is also very close to Bkok and you could ride out the storm there.

phuket might not have redshirt but everyone is after your wallet, their drivers are drunker and worse, people are not gentle and theres still a lot of violence at night towards foreigners who ride motorcycles.