Abhisit - A Prime Minister Tried By War

webfact

I think comparing Abhisit to Lincoln is a bit of a stretch.

To say the least. The man doesn't even have the power to make the bad decisions he's been credited with. He is more a joke than a leader.

What are you talking about...Lincoln is dead..?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva is honest and good. He has tried to stop the highjacking of the nation with as little bloodshed as possible and yesterday was handled well. Now there is the problem of some very sore losers.

Many people have said that Thailand needs a great leader right now and Abhisit might very well be that man. The Abraham Lincoln of Thailand ? Maybe. Only time will tell.

I have watched many of your posts over the last several days and I am convinced you are on Abhisit's payroll. You are the biggest boot licker I have ever seen.

Lincoln authored the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves. If Abhisit wants to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lincoln, he'll act like a statesman and put his Road to Peace initiative back on the table. That would help heal this country.

He has mentioned several times, that he and his administration will continue to follow his roadmap to address these issues. Several times.

Rhetoric. His right wing will never let him do that.

Thailand_Electoral_Areas_2007.png

2007-thailand-legislative-provinces.gif

and here are the numbers:

Party Constituency Proportional TOTAL Seats

People's Power Party 34 233

Democrat Party 165

Thai Nation Party 37

For the Motherland 24

Thais United National Development Party 9

Neutral Democratic Party 7

Royalist People's Party 5

Valid votes 71,772,667* 100 400 35,535,767 100 80 480 No Votes 906,216 2.32

Invalid Votes 2,539,429 6.51

Total Turnout 38,981,412 85.38

After the by-elections to replace disqualified Party List candidates, the PPP's replacement party (PT) had fewer than 200 seats. I might also point out that NONE of the PT MP's were elected as members of that party!

Great map Thanks! Politically Its two countries in one really isnt it? I can't help but wonder if the inability to think outside of the box has anything to do with certain areas being so partisan.

Wasn't Clockwork Orange about a lunatic asylum? Perhaps you belong there.

You must have missed the point about Clockwork Orange. It was actually a satirical film about an imaginary dystopian future, one in which the more society tried to analyse and control itself, the more chaotic and morally bereft it became.

Really... where did you see that version.. I saw a crazed gang of droogs, with their Mad leader,Alex de Large, raping and robbing and killing... and driving a Lotus Europa... All to Beethoven...Did I miss something..? Oh, its also the nickname of the Glasgow Subway.. as any Droog Glasweigan will tell you..!

Ahbisit the accidental PM has never been a leader who made decision. Problem is that he owes too much to the people who brought him into premiership. He does not have intrinsic strength or strong allies; only pretender. He may be a honest man but that has become his biggest weakness. In Thai politics when you have to swim with the sharks, you better be fully equipped. It is not a good distinction when so many die and country almost into civil war during his watch. When the new government comes into power, he better pray that his party stay in power.

And when pray did Thaksin bless you with this info..?

How do YOU define winning an election?

Quite simply leading your party to an election victory. Something Abhisit has not achieved. He even withdrew his party from an election thus rendering the results invalid. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram.

Interestingly, Thaksin achieved three landslide election victories, is the only Thai PM to serve a full term and the only Thai PM to be re-elected to office.

I thought becoming an MP as the leader of a party, and then getting the support of a majority of MPs would be enough.

No, it's not enough if there's an election.

You left out doing dodgy deals with banned politicians to secure their parties support in a coalition too.

No.

Churchill.

Indeed. His Thai counterpart of the times, the fascist dictator Phibunsonkram is also remembered with affection by many Thais.

I wonder how history will remember Abhisit now he has blood on his hands.

Ahhh - peace and quiet.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: clockworkorange.

· View this post

· Un-ignore clockworkorange

I'm jealous. How do you do that?!

Seriously, I can't find an 'ignore' button or link anywhere on this forum. Where the hel_l is it, and why am I the only one who hasn't found it?

Would be handy, given the recent influx of newbies and trolls :)

Next to the offending trolls name is a small arrow…hit that and click on View Member Profile…once there you will see Options on the left side…in there is Ignore User…hit that and on the next page that opens you’ll see a button with update (and the Trolls name above it) hit the update button and you will have peace and tranquillity from there on :D

Abhisit is not part of the solution, he is part of the problem. One only has to look at the escalation of divisions under his leadership to realise that.

Of course he must take a large portion of the responsiblity for the outcome we are seeing now - he is after all, the leader of the country.

Yes Sgt Pepper and I agree wholeheartedly with you that Khun Abhisit is the best Prime Minister Thailand could hope to have during this turbulent time... as you say he Is the leader of this country..!! God Bless him...

The article is classic Pravda propaganda, prepared by the party faithful. ... Elections are pointless until the army and judiciary stop meddling with the result.

Let talk about this, really the meddling started because someone had his pocket money confiscated. He pooled his pennies and used the fulcrum of the 'class struggle' to further his own ends. Now I'm not saying there isn't a glaring difference on how different sets of Thais live. But, this man harnessed the popular tune to his own advantage, complete insincerity spouts from his mouth, and mouth-pieces. My family went in one generation of abject poverty to having 3 university graduates, 263kms North, North-East of Bangkok. Yes the Nation has many issues plaguing it, but being the dog that protects fish bones won't solve anything. I think we could use 100, or tens of thousands of Abhisit's in government service. The biggest question how will Thai enact laws to limit corruption, monitor implementation of those laws, and audit the usefulness of public funds towards social programs. One thing is clear nothing will ever be accomplished by those through gas bombs at the assets of our Nation. That isn't protest, it's just criminal acts that need to be justly prosecuted.

you are novice my friend if think it start with Thaksin. some facts easy to prove from internet if you want to be smarter.

dem gov before thaksin big corruption with land amongst other things involving all but esp. Suthep. Collapse economy of asia with their corrupt.

when thaksin come he upset army and elite because he investigate (to seize back) land and assets they stole.

Thaksin start shut down loan sharks (army generals mafia), stop rampant bars opening and naked girls (he did that and is why falangs hate him). falang not here then certainly not know about this. he had hotline for anybody who borrow money from bad people who want a lot back of interest.

make thais proud to be thais because cut drinking hours so more productive with work. upset army who own or mafia rent out most bars and sidewalk in Bangkok.

reduce poverty % from 20% to 8%, this is absolute fact but if too thick to find it, live in ignorance.

If people are stupid enough to believe that dems are less corrupt than elite, it is up to them. but also up to somebody to tell about how stupid is they think.

crazy and it only show that many poster on here is new boy to thailand and still not see behind smile.

People go home but will come back more angry and for sure, more prepare to fight army.

Same army who let PAD rule country with no shot fire and no try to move. Show world true colour of army = yellow like skulking Abhisit who hide in bunker and look 70 year old now. yellow like CRES small men with pale skin sit on big stage, say problem over, then say oh one more week. Same army now stretch and not enough men if this spread more. Same army not enough men to contain some muslim province so no chance with Isaan.

Same army who kill at Tak Bai but people forget it was army killing and blame Thaksin. Thaksin sent army there to get them away from him when he try to work to save country from elites influence.

silence is golden in some parts but this speak volume very loud as well. except to bangkok falangs

The article is classic Pravda propaganda, prepared by the party faithful.

What it doesn't mention is Thailand's fatal flaw - mob rule has replaced the electoral process, which people have completely lost faith in. Neither does the Pravda article mention that Abhisit's lot used this very same method of mob rule to pave the way for the parliamentary deal that got him into power in the first place. Thais support fair play, and while such a system of injustice and hypocrisy prevails there will never be peace. We might also bear in mind that Abhisit's pretext for snatching power was reconciliation, but all we have seen is more chaos. Far from being celebrated as the next Abe Lincoln, Abhisit is just as much focus of hatred as Thaksin is - both of them should withdraw from public life and give the country a chance to repair its broken democracy.

Restoring the public confidence in their right to elect their leaders is really what the Thai authorities should be concentrating on right now. Elections are pointless until the army and judiciary stop meddling with the result.

Like you often do, you started strong but drew the wrong conclusion. Mob rule did NOT replace the electoral system this time. The government that was in power at the beginning of this mess was not brought down by mob rule. (In fact, mob-rule did not replace any of the last governments either!)

What we are seeing is the beginning of holding governments responsible for the actions of their members and a reduction in corruption.

You suggest mob rule brought down Samak and Somchai and that just isn't true. Samak was brought down by a very minor bit of corruption but could have been put right back into the driver's seat. Had he not broken the law and then LIED about it he'd have been the PM until PPP was dissolved.

Somchai was taken down by the court when they finally ruled on an open and shut case of electoral fraud. This freed Newin up from his commitment to Thaksin's parties and the rest is history!

All this rationalising on Abhisit's claim to power is a well-worn party line that simply hasn't worked. Only Abhisit and his followers believe it - the rest of Thailand and the world see the facade for what it is: a pack of lies, whitewashed with censorship and propaganda. The problem is that Thai people aren't dumb, and have matured to the extent where they just don't accept flimsy excuses as to why their democratic voice was ignored - excuses that may have worked in the past but don't wash anymore, as is evidenced by all the ongoing chaos.

For Abhisit to declare victory, and to be portrayed as a reincarnation of Abe Lincoln while the country burns and is so horribly fractured is premature to say the least. It reminds me of when George W. Bush stood on the deck of that battleship, with the "Mission Accomplished" sign above his head.

Ehm.... Has`nt worked where..??? He is the Prime Minister isnt he..? Voted in by a majority of elected MPs.... whats your problem with that..?

No matter what you think of Abhisit he will be ineffective now and has to step down. He has no other option.

If he proceeds with a potential massacre then he loses. His reputation as a leader as a competent leader is dead.

If he accepts third party intervention he loses again because he has shown he cannot control the problems within the country.

If he accepts the option of the dissolution of the government and have elections he loses again because he cannot win back his position.

If he stays in power Thailand will never come together again under his PM rule.

Ahhh - peace and quiet.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: clockworkorange.

· View this post

· Un-ignore clockworkorange

I'm jealous. How do you do that?!

Seriously, I can't find an 'ignore' button or link anywhere on this forum. Where the hel_l is it, and why am I the only one who hasn't found it?

Would be handy, given the recent influx of newbies and trolls :)

Next to the offending trolls name is a small arrow…hit that and click on View Member Profile…once there you will see Options on the left side…in there is Ignore User…hit that and on the next page that opens you'll see a button with update (and the Trolls name above it) hit the update button and you will have peace and tranquillity from there on :D

And then you become more ignorant, blinkered and opinionated. exchange of views is good and is intellegent way to go. not for you?

this ignore button is like school boy sulking. but do it as there are enough clever people on here without you adding to them!

Most are living in a changing land of smiles and don't like the change. Want it to stay cheap beer, girls, food, servants etc. Never can have this in their country and think are hi-so but thai think bird shit falangs of you but still smile at you and take your money :D

not going to happen, change is happen and there is no ignore button for that!!! will happen with or without you.

Lincoln authored the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves. If Abhisit wants to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lincoln, he'll act like a statesman and put his Road to Peace initiative back on the table. That would help heal this country.

He has mentioned several times, that he and his administration will continue to follow his roadmap to address these issues. Several times.

talk a lot and do nothing.

Nation has backed PAD/Elite/Dem side and is not fighting for survival. cannot fight for its honor or prestige as it has none.

poor falangs like you are next target as reds will close bars as seen as places of enslavement and disgrace for their people. thaksin start to do it before and this why falangs can hate him too much.

Abhisit - a front man tried in the Hague is more factually than nation coward speak

Well said ...well said Viking.....Jesus , thats some good shit you are smoking..!!

Quite simply leading your party to an election victory. Something Abhisit has not achieved. He even withdrew his party from an election thus rendering the results invalid. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram.

Interestingly, Thaksin achieved three landslide election victories, is the only Thai PM to serve a full term and the only Thai PM to be re-elected to office.

I thought becoming an MP as the leader of a party, and then getting the support of a majority of MPs would be enough.

You left out doing dodgy deals with banned politicians to secure their parties support in a coalition too.

No.

Churchill.

Indeed. His Thai counterpart of the times, the fascist dictator Phibunsonkram is also remembered with affection by many Thais.

Samak didn't lead the PPP to an election victory, but he still became PM.

That was through some dodgy dealing by getting some smaller parties (that had campaigned that they would not support the PPP) to support the PPP.

Somchai certainly didn't lead the PPP to an election victory. Yes, Samak was dumped from PM for having two jobs, but he wasn't banned as an MP, and could have become PM again instead of Somchai.

No matter which way you look at it, Abhisit is as legititmate a PM as Samak and Somchai.

Edited by whybother

Ehm.... Has`nt worked where..??? He is the Prime Minister isnt he..? Voted in by a majority of elected MPs.... whats your problem with that..?

Could you clarify this point? It is my understanding the the PM's changed their position after being elected under a specific philosophy or point of view. Isn't this why the reds are angry?

Abhist was presented with a political problem.Once he sent in the Army on April 10th with live ammo, it turned into a violent struggle. He should have used water cannon and offered a political compromise. It's going to be a long time before we get back to the Land of Smiles.He should resign.

Revisionist history at its finest. Lets look at reality.

I my opinion, Abhisit was simply not able to move in police water tankers to disperse the mad crowd and their hatred-spreading leaders. Police forces basically reneged against their own duty to bring back a peaceful situation. Almost every single action of the police was done either half-hearted or by looking away. Thaksin is a police colonel, don't forget that (even though he just received the rank as a present when he became prime minister, prior to that he was a police captain).

Remember the botched attempt to arrest red shirt leaders at the hotel where they savely abseiled under the eyes of press and police. The police staged a little bit of action without hurting anyone and the culprits escaped. The whole world laughed.

Think of being a prime minister and trying to control an ever increasingly violent movement getting armed (not slingshots but Kattiya's gunmen) and you don't have the police fully on your side.

When Abhisit became prime minister, he tried right from the beginning to be a prime minister for all of Thailand. But the history of his party's way up to lead the country was a history of confusion and irregularities. He did the best job possible. Nobody could have done better with that uphill battle against corruption and a revenge-seeking billionaire paying farmers and militants to stir up trouble to bring about a collapse of Thailand.

Just wait and see. I can promise you (bangkokjohn), if Thaksin or just his supporters and friends come back into power (that is certain), you will not be happy with their governance for a very long time. Just remember the years of Thaksin's, Chavalit's, Somchai's, Samak's rule.

Many members of my family (mostly provincial well-educated middle-class Thais) supported Thaksin in the early days of his rule. It did not take them long to realize the true intend of his dictate - get richer and rule the nation for 30 years. Their decision to dump him as their favorite was not based on money or tax-burden. They saw their freedom of speech and opinion being hijacked to the point where they had to be careful in their jobs as teachers, government officials or else, what they said and to whom.

I agree...dam_n good post :)

The article is classic Pravda propaganda, prepared by the party faithful.

What it doesn't mention is Thailand's fatal flaw - mob rule has replaced the electoral process, which people have completely lost faith in. Neither does the Pravda article mention that Abhisit's lot used this very same method of mob rule to pave the way for the parliamentary deal that got him into power in the first place. Thais support fair play, and while such a system of injustice and hypocrisy prevails there will never be peace. We might also bear in mind that Abhisit's pretext for snatching power was reconciliation, but all we have seen is more chaos. Far from being celebrated as the next Abe Lincoln, Abhisit is just as much focus of hatred as Thaksin is - both of them should withdraw from public life and give the country a chance to repair its broken democracy.

Restoring the public confidence in their right to elect their leaders is really what the Thai authorities should be concentrating on right now. Elections are seen as pointless until the army and judiciary stop interfering with the result.

Your heros burned down the city yesterday - You must be so proud!

Rather than taking sides, which isn't working and has not so far brought any peace, we should look at the situation objectively.

People have no faith in the electoral process anymore. There will be no peace until the root causes of the problem have been addressed - political opinions need to be expressed at the ballot box rather than on the street, and until the military and judiciary stop meddling this vicious cycle will likely continue.

It's all very well for you to hate one or the other side, but it won't solve the problem.

And should Abhisits Government win the next Election,you think that will satisfy the Reds? or will the Anarchy start afresh?

Abhisit honest!?? What an arse. Sooner the elections come the better.

He isnt even in charge, he is just a pretty boy mouthpiece for a murderous junta!

even the FT agree.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/ba358b08-63a6-11df...amp;_i_referer=

..Even the current prime minister, the Oxford-educated Abhisit Vejjajiva, seems like a thoroughly decent chap, and terribly dishy to boot.</p><p>Now take a cold shower. No one would begrudge the goodwill that many people have for the Land of Smiles. But warm and fuzzy sentiments towards Thailand are increasingly at odds with reality. How else to explain the relative equanimity with which the world has just witnessed Mr Abhisit's government crush those calling for elections (of all things), shooting dead more than 60 civilians?

There has been little of the international condemnation that followed last year’s crackdowns against pro-democracy demonstrators in Iran, let alone those in Tiananmen Square in 1989. Imagine the outcry if, in Greece, the rowdy anti-austerity demonstrators had been mown down with sub-machine guns.

Certainly such comparisons are imperfect. The situation, like any messy confrontation, is far from black and white – or yellow and red in the Thai parlance. The colour codes do not tell the whole story. Analysts too readily reach for simplistic explanations of city versus countryside, peasants versus an urban elite, and republicans versus monarchists. Doubtless too, as Mr Abhisit’s government maintains, the red shirt pro-democracy movement does contain a violent fringe. Though many of the demonstrators terrified into surrender yesterday were unarmed women, some of the young men were carrying sharpened staves and homemade explosives. Hotels and other public places have been attacked.

It is also true that Thaksin Shinawatra, the ousted former prime minister in whose name many of the demonstrators rallied, is a deeply flawed poster-boy for democracy. As prime minister from 2001 to 2006, he was accused of using his power to favour the businesses of his family and associated cronies, while Thai police were blamed for thousands of extra-judicial killings in the name of a war on drugs. Thailand’s Supreme Court sentenced him in absentia to two years in jail for conflict of interest. Technically that makes Mr Thaksin the fugitive from the law Mr Abhisit’s government says he is.

But this is far from the whole story. Those who would now simply call for calm and a return to the status quo ante must face other facts. First, Mr Thaksin was the most popular prime minister in Thailand’s history, the only one to serve a full term and be re-elected. He was ousted, in traditional Thai fashion, by a military coup in 2006. In subsequent elections – after a laughably haphazard period of military rule – a government loyal to Mr Thaksin came to power. That administration, and the following pro-Thaksin incarnation, were both dissolved under dubious clauses of the military-imposed constitution. Those who did not want anything to do with Mr Thaksin finally got their way in 2008 when the government of Mr Abhisit – which has yet to win a popular mandate – was stitched together in a parliamentary deal.

Second, and almost more telling than the way in which Mr Thaksin and his political allies were bundled out of power, is the fact that the red shirt protesters clearly represent legitimate social grievances. Attempts to portray the tens of thousands of mainly poor Thais who took to Bangkok’s streets as “terrorists” or paid mercenaries of Mr Thaksin simply do not wash.

Mr Thaksin was a catalyst for the political empowerment of Thais – mainly, but not exclusively, from the north and north-east – who had previously been excluded from the magic circle of political and economic power. That is why the relatively modest policies he put in place – such as cheap healthcare and better access to credit – won him almost fanatical allegiance. To brand Thaksinomics as merely populist bribes for a rented rabble is condescending. For those desperately seeking to cling on to their comfortable existence, it is also self-serving.

*edited* By last night the streets of Bangkok had returned to a sort of calm. Yet few could mistake this for any kind of resolution of the underlying tensions. At best, such resolution will require fair elections – and respect for the result. At worst, it will mean more bloody confrontation, in Bangkok or in the countryside. Even the most ardent fan of Thailand must realise this isn’t over yet

As for the 'reds' losing, from what I can see, they have proved beyond a doubt that the unelected party that Abhisit heads, which came to power under the military written constitution is just what it says on the tin.. a military run govt, doing what they do best - shootin' things! What a f***ing fiasco! He deserves zero praise. He should resign and hand over power to the army until election, the pretense of democracy is no longer needed.

I do wish him well, its not his fault, its just that he is utterly impotent. the best i could wish for is a party (however corrupt) that had majority support - or more than a cobbled together coalition of windbags and fawning stooges.

You are a Farang... it has absolutely nothing to do with you... if you don`t like the way it is here... Som Nam Na.....

Going around facebook are photos showing Abhisit - answering phones in person for the crisis hotline - for ordinary citizens to call for help. How can you not think this is the right man for the job?

and how you can think that people are stupid to trust a pic!!!

You must have missed the point about Clockwork Orange. It was actually a satirical film about an imaginary dystopian future, one in which the more society tried to analyse and control itself, the more chaotic and morally bereft it became.

Really... where did you see that version.. I saw a crazed gang of droogs, with their Mad leader,Alex de Large, raping and robbing and killing... and driving a Lotus Europa... All to Beethoven...Did I miss something..? Oh, its also the nickname of the Glasgow Subway.. as any Droog Glasweigan will tell you..!

Had to be removed from Cinemas too,and got banned fo 3 Decades,due to its violence.

No matter what you think of Abhisit he will be ineffective now and has to step down. He has no other option.

If he proceeds with a potential massacre then he loses. His reputation as a leader as a competent leader is dead.

If he accepts third party intervention he loses again because he has shown he cannot control the problems within the country.

If he accepts the option of the dissolution of the government and have elections he loses again because he cannot win back his position.

If he proceeds with what massacre?

He's already rejected third party intervention. He's already rejected dissolution.

Do you think the reds would accept anyone in power unless they're red?

Most of the by-elections since the last general election have gone against the reds. The reds are not winning any new friends with their efforts at the moment, and with their *less than majority* result in the last election, they are unlikely to get into power in the next election.

Abhisit lost friends by not acting quickly enough in bringing the protests under control. These people are not going to be voting red, so they will still be voting Democrat or someone who is going to go into coalition with the Democrats.

IMO, the reds will not win the next election, and they will continue their protests after that because they don't understand that in a democracy, the *majority* get to run the government.

SaamBaht,

You gotta give the man some credits. What if you were in his shoes. The situations were almost like lose lose ones.

What would you have done huh?

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

If he proceeds with what massacre?

He's already rejected third party intervention. He's already rejected dissolution.

Do you think the reds would accept anyone in power unless they're red?

Most of the by-elections since the last general election have gone against the reds. The reds are not winning any new friends with their efforts at the moment, and with their *less than majority* result in the last election, they are unlikely to get into power in the next election.

Abhisit lost friends by not acting quickly enough in bringing the protests under control. These people are not going to be voting red, so they will still be voting Democrat or someone who is going to go into coalition with the Democrats.

IMO, the reds will not win the next election, and they will continue their protests after that because they don't understand that in a democracy, the *majority* get to run the government.

If you are correct then why not have another election and shut the reds up? Abhisit can retain his position.

Edited by expat8

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva is honest and good. He has tried to stop the highjacking of the nation with as little bloodshed as possible and yesterday was handled well. Now there is the problem of some very sore losers.

Many people have said that Thailand needs a great leader right now and Abhisit might very well be that man. The Abraham Lincoln of Thailand ? Maybe. Only time will tell.

I have watched many of your posts over the last several days and I am convinced you are on Abhisit's payroll. You are the biggest boot licker I have ever seen.

And I presume from your comment that you are a Red Troll...bye :)

The red party will win in a lot of the N/NE provinces, but that area is a minority of the whole of Thailand. I don't believe the red party will win in electorates outside of those provinces.

read it and weep.. I dont believe the red heartlands will shed a tear for burnt out shopping malls, if anything they will probably be even redder! (in my opinion)

The reds won the PR war. The yellows... ooo.. vely jai rai.. shoot lot of people.

post-50139-1274349682_thumb.jpg

Edited by whiterussian

Had to be removed from Cinemas too,and got banned fo 3 Decades,due to its violence.

Off topic,ofcourse,but Stanley Kubrick removed the film himself from the cinemas in the UK because of the bad press it received.Before that,it was on general release and was shown at the Warner West End,Leicester Square for four months running.

And I presume from your comment that you are a Red Troll...bye :)

OH my God! You just ruined my day! Get over yourself. :D:D:D:D:D

Who ever will be the Prime Minister will always be blamed.

After all the reds have to blame someone.

Maybe they should blame Thaksin after all he left the country in a mess and lives of the proceeds.

It that fair i don't think so.

No.

Churchill.

Yeah Thaksin at his last 2 election wins, he paid people to vote thus people vote for him = Money.