Webmasters -- Regular Updates On Airport Access And Operations?

phetaroi

First, you've all been doing a wonderful job.

I think for many of us who are residents here and contemplate getting out...and I do within a few days, hopefully...it would be great if there were regular updates on accessibility of Suwannaphum Airport and are airport operations working reasonably well. Perhaps even safety of getting to the airport.

Also, if you just gotta get out...can you buy a ticket on Thai International or other major US bound airlines at the airport? Obviously, we won't be going to regular ticket offices!

Thanks for your kind consideration of what I think would be extremely helpful for people who want to evacuate or tourists whose flights are already scheduled.

I flew out yesterday. All the roads where clear. The only difference was they had one soldier per booth at the tollways and I seen one military position about 3 km from the airport. They did not even stop us and there was only a couple trucks and a few guys. There was also one soldier at the outside the entrance of departures armed with a small bat. No M-16, just a bat. No soldiers in the airport, no extra police, nothing out of the ordinary.

Airline tickets you can always buy online with a crdit card. (Almost) all airlines have a ticket counter at the airport also, but you might pay extra for that.

Giving updates is difficult, as there is not one source of information. During the day all seems to be normal so far, during the evening and night you might have trouble on domestic flights, which might be cancelled. Also I saw a post telling check-in staff was a problem during the curfew, as they could not travel to the airport. believe Airaisa was closed for the night and opend at 07:00. Other airlines might have similair problems.

People traveling in the evening/night I can only advice to check with the airline directly.

Airline tickets you can always buy online with a crdit card. (Almost) all airlines have a ticket counter at the airport also, but you might pay extra for that.

Giving updates is difficult, as there is not one source of information. During the day all seems to be normal so far, during the evening and night you might have trouble on domestic flights, which might be cancelled. Also I saw a post telling check-in staff was a problem during the curfew, as they could not travel to the airport. believe Airaisa was closed for the night and opend at 07:00. Other airlines might have similair problems.

People traveling in the evening/night I can only advice to check with the airline directly.

I am simply saying that if you folks are dedicated to really helping people, regular updates of this situation would be helpful, particularly rather than having hundreds of people trying to call the same number and overwhelming them.

Again, thank you for your consideration. All you're doing is much appreciated. You are our best link.

Regard to buying tickets online, which one poster mentioned...very true...assuming electricity and internet continues...which in our area yesterday stopped for a while, but then restarted (much to my surprise), and we are not that far from the Klong Toey problems.

Maybe this thread will also become one with good and up-to-date feedback.

Well, i concur with phetaroi, i'm also going to fly within few days, it would be very useful to have some feedback from TV members who have just been to the airport.

It's quite likely that telephone lines would be busy in these days (hopefully internet will work)

Thanks sokal for your update