Langsuan / Ratchadamree Residents

Zolt

Like most residents in the area, I've moved to a safe distance when the protests started turning bad. Now at last it looks like the protesters have been flushed out, so we're staring to wonder when we can finally go back home, if only to pick up some stuff.

According to the updates thread, the area is still pretty much in a lockdown. Does anyone have any info on which roads are circulating? Langsuan, Sarasin, Wireless? Let's post updates here as the situation unfolds.

Anyway, with CentralWorld, and maybe now Big C burning, it's going to take years to repair the damage in the area - and months to even clean it up.

My girlfriend was able to get out an hour ago by taxi leaving Langsuan via Chitlom and then Pathumwan side and on to Rama 9. Apparently it is far from safe in there because my girlfriend said that the army was announcing over loudspeakers to leave the area because it was still unsafe. I therefore advise you not to go back yet. The route I mentioned above is also the route the taxi took to get inside.

My girlfriend was able to get out an hour ago by taxi leaving Langsuan via Chitlom and then Pathumwan side and on to Rama 9. Apparently it is far from safe in there because my girlfriend said that the army was announcing over loudspeakers to leave the area because it was still unsafe. I therefore advise you not to go back yet. The route I mentioned above is also the route the taxi took to get inside.

Thanks for the update.

My friend living in a service apt on Langsuan was asked by the management to come take her stuff out ASAP, as the place will close indefinitely. But she'd better avoid the area for now.